Bump until we shut out a team!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Endaround View Post
    Made me think about this thread yesterday.
    Nice bump!

I was thinking about the thread as well but you put in the effort to bump that I was too lazy to do
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      That entire game was reminiscent of 2015, both offense and defense. The changes Vic made the past few weeks have paid extreme dividends. Not only has Purcell provided that run stopping force in the middle, he's also been collapsing the pocket so the rest of the defense can clean up. This along with keeping Yiadom off the field as much as possible has created an almost Jekyll and Hyde type scenario.

These last two games were good games to get the ship upright again. But Thursday is the true test. We have the cream of the NFL crop coming to town on a two game slide and we're on a two game rise. Mahomes is playing on a sore ankle on a short week, but a 75% Mahomes is still the most dangerous QB in the league, especially with Hill back. We have to hit him and rattle him. Basically take what we did to Mariotta and triple it! Take the ball away and keep him on the bench. If we can repeat how we played him the first game last year, minus giving up a 1st on 4th and 24............there's no reason we can't walk outta this game victorious.

I want to see us protect our house with the same intensity, if not more, that we had on Sunday
      It was nice to see the different players and coaches talk about how the next week test will be a completely different beast in the post game pressers yesterday

They seem to be saying "Challenge Accepted!"
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• "Bump until we shut out a team!!!"

But we shut out a team. So this shouldn't have been bumped, because we shut out a team.

I'm confused.

I'll go back to my corner.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          "Bump until we shut out a team!!!"

But we shut out a team. So this shouldn't have been bumped, because we shut out a team.

I'm confused.

I'll go back to my corner.
          I 2nd the title change!

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            That entire game was reminiscent of 2015, both offense and defense. The changes Vic made the past few weeks have paid extreme dividends. Not only has Purcell provided that run stopping force in the middle, he's also been collapsing the pocket so the rest of the defense can clean up. This along with keeping Yiadom off the field as much as possible has created an almost Jekyll and Hyde type scenario.

These last two games were good games to get the ship upright again. But Thursday is the true test. We have the cream of the NFL crop coming to town on a two game slide and we're on a two game rise. Mahomes is playing on a sore ankle on a short week, but a 75% Mahomes is still the most dangerous QB in the league, especially with Hill back. We have to hit him and rattle him. Basically take what we did to Mariotta and triple it! Take the ball away and keep him on the bench. If we can repeat how we played him the first game last year, minus giving up a 1st on 4th and 24............there's no reason we can't walk outta this game victorious.

I want to see us protect our house with the same intensity, if not more, that we had on Sunday
            The defense in the last two weeks has been on point. The pursuit, tackling, and energy has been refreshing. If the offense can find a way to score or sustain longer drives this team can do some damage. Things will get interesting if Denver can beat the Chiefs this Thursday. I do believe the 2-4 record is misleading.

Comment

• I think this defense just needed to find the players Fangio needed. He has a proven track record in providing solid defenses. Having Jewell out in favor of Alexander Johnson, Duke Dawson over Yiadom, Purcell over Shelby Harris (though Harris got moved to DE), and Walker over Gotsis has drastically changed this defense.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                I think this defense just needed to find the players Fangio needed. He has a proven track record in providing solid defenses. Having Jewell out in favor of Alexander Johnson, Duke Dawson over Yiadom, Purcell over Shelby Harris (though Harris got moved to DE), and Walker over Gotsis has drastically changed this defense.
                Any update on Dawson and Bausby? Will bee get either or both back for TNF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Any update on Dawson and Bausby? Will bee get either or both back for TNF?
                  Bausby is on IR. Likely season ending if we are bringing back Lock and Patrick. Not sure about Dawson.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Bausby is on IR. Likely season ending if we are bringing back Lock and Patrick. Not sure about Dawson.
                    For some reason I didn’t see Bausby would be out for the season, but with a neck injury better to be cautious. Hopefully Dawson will be back soon.

Comment

• I read that there are only about 6-8 shutouts per season. If that be true, it's actually more than I thought. I mean, if you get the ball near the opponent's 40 yard line, you have a chance at a FG. Mind you, often when teams are down, they go for the TD.

But good on The Broncos.....this year we are one of the 6-8 teams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        For some reason I didn’t see Bausby would be out for the season, but with a neck injury better to be cautious. Hopefully Dawson will be back soon.
                        Yes we'll need Dawson this week. I didn't even realize he wasn't playing this Sunday. Who took the corner slot snaps in his place?
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Yes we'll need Dawson this week. I didn't even realize he wasn't playing this Sunday. Who took the corner slot snaps in his place?
                          Devontae Harris started on the outside and played 100% of the snaps. I believe Will Parks and Jackson rotated in and out of the slot. Yiadom got 13 snaps as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X