Josh McDaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    And that right there is the problem with your post. HE WASN'T SUCCEEDING! It really doesn't matter what you would rather, because that's not reality.

Of course a firing is an indication that things are bad with the team right now, but you can't just ignore it and pretend everything is ok. That is why it is a GOOD thing Josh got fired. He wasn't cutting it. He destroyed the potential of this team.

No one on this board is "just a Josh hater", because he's not significant enough to base your life on. We are ALL first and foremost Broncos Fans. And the fact that we're happy about dumping this idiot does not change that.

I beg to diffffer...With a studder!!!!
    sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• one fault and its mcdaniels? No Bowlin said it best everyone is/was responsible for the dissapointing season.
      :go:

Comment

• How do you know there is no back up plan? Are you Bowlen's right hand man? Also, how can you put sole blame on the RB coach for being last in rushing? The offensive line has to block and the coach has to call running plays. Anyways, it doesn't really matter who took over for the last 4 games, we're out of the playoffs.
        sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

• Questioning whether or not somehow is a true fan based on their dislike for players, coaches and front office decisions that are detrimental to the team is a very unfair stance to take.

If the fans hadn't called for McDaniels' head I personally think Bowlen would have stuck with him for another year. He did nothing to prove he knew what he was doing and has more than likely caused damage to the team that will take multiple years to repair, maybe 5 or 6 years.

Forget all the rest of the bad decisions, trading 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks for ANY player is a terrible mistake. Those are the picks that build the meat of your team for years to come.

Comment

• I'm not disappointed at all. If he was not going to be the guy going forward, why keep him another month? Josh was going backwards fast. Bowlen extended him every opportunity to succeed, and I would say gave him too much time. Plot your future today, knowing that Josh will not be part of it.

Comment

• I am both. Sorry I don't like guys who taint this wonderful franchise with cheating.
              sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post

Good luck Coach McDaniel!
                You can call him Josh, He's not the coach of anything.

Comment

• No, not at all. Although I admit you make some interesting thoughts, in the end Josh was a total abysmal failure.

Comment

• You really shouldnt call out peoples fanhood. Im sure you wouldnt want the same done to you.

Firings, of course, are never hoped for. I think everyone on this board wants the coach of the Broncos to succeed. That means we are winning and that is what every person here wants.

In a general sense, a firing is never good. Because it means that something is very wrong. That being said, firing McDaniels is good because the direction the franchise is going is not the right one.

It is possible for something to be not good and good at the same time.

I had hoped McDaniels would succeed and I supported him even through his early mistakes. But we have found out that he isnt the right fit to lead the Broncos at this time and now we have an opportunity to find that right person.

It may work out, it may not. But it certainly wasnt working with McDaniels at the head. At least there is a chance now that things will go better.
                    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Not at all. I have been a pissed off bitter Bronco fan for far too long. This is the happiest I have been since we drafted Cutler.

Lets bring in a proven, defensive minded coach(Cower).. Bring Elway in as the GM. Boom.. We are back to being respectable.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• Bronco Fan Yes, Like McD No

I have been a Broncos fan for as long as they have existed. I have traveled to many opposing team stadiums and endured light joshing to being pelted and drenched in the old Cleveland Dog Pound.

No, I am not happy that the Broncos had to fire a coach.

Yes, I am happy that Josh McDaniels is no longer the face of the Bronco franchise.

Brilliant youthful arrogance can be a curse when not balanced with sage and thoughtful guidance. I think Joe Ellis and Patrick Bowlen made an enormous mistake in hiring McDaniels without some experienced general manager to act as a buffer.

McDaniels did some good things and has assembled a good group of players. I think we are much closer to success than many others imagine.

So, basically, yes, I am a Bronco fan despite my thinking Josh McDaniels essentially fired himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianBronco View Post
                          I am a DENVER BRONCO fan first and formost!!!!! A firing is NEVER good...It means your team is pretty messed up. I.E see Dallas and the Vikings.

I was a Josh supporter...More so I was a Bronco fan, he was our coach. Some people dont get that, or some people will never be satisfied with anyone less then John Elway as our coach.

This is our Broncos, and its not a GOOD thing that Josh was fired...And if you wanted him to be fired even if he had been successefull, then I question you as a fan...

I'm not sticking up for Josh, I'm just saying, I think we would rather see him succeed and us just win...Then everyone coming on here saying "I TOLD YA SO"... Who cares, we are awfully right now, and we are worse then we were yesterday.
                          Your point would be valid if he came in and lost or made moves based on Football...

He clearly made moves based on Ego and thought he could Win despite Football Knowledge....

I never wished us bad but knew he would fail in the end....

Question to you???

How much more damage might he have done with 4 more weeks left....He had to go regardless of us being Fans or not

He was a horrible Head Coach and might end up being Great but he wasn't when we had him so his future doesn't matter
                          We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianBronco View Post
                            I am a DENVER BRONCO fan first and formost!!!!! A firing is NEVER good...It means your team is pretty messed up. I.E see Dallas and the Vikings.

I was a Josh supporter...More so I was a Bronco fan, he was our coach. Some people dont get that, or some people will never be satisfied with anyone less then John Elway as our coach.

This is our Broncos, and its not a GOOD thing that Josh was fired...And if you wanted him to be fired even if he had been successefull, then I question you as a fan...

I'm not sticking up for Josh, I'm just saying, I think we would rather see him succeed and us just win...Then everyone coming on here saying "I TOLD YA SO"... Who cares, we are awfullllllll right now, and we are worse then we were yesterday.
                            What an egocentric shell you are. I am so tired of all the "more hollier than thou" posters on here that think they are the only true bronco fans simply because of their type of personality. Guess what, some fans can believe differently than you and still be fans. No one wants our team to be what it is, but the HC has to take responsibility for what it is. And while i would have loved for mcdaniels to have succeeded, he didnt.

We could go on and on about the odd choices he made at positions and whether or not he was going to rebound sooner or later, but just because some fans wanted him gone, doesnt make you a greater fan because you didnt and now are just languishing in what crap team we have. I am unhappy with where we are at, but excited to be moving forward. You totally contradict yourself on this post. You are crying a river about how bad we are, and then angry about the people who are angry at the reason we stink. i hope the best for McD where he goes and hope we now find the right people to move us forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                              You really shouldnt call out peoples fanhood. Im sure you wouldnt want the same done to you.

Firings, of course, are never hoped for. I think everyone on this board wants the coach of the Broncos to succeed. That means we are winning and that is what every person here wants.

In a general sense, a firing is never good. Because it means that something is very wrong. That being said, firing McDaniels is good because the direction the franchise is going is not the right one.

It is possible for something to be not good and good at the same time.

I had hoped McDaniels would succeed and I supported him even through his early mistakes. But we have found out that he isnt the right fit to lead the Broncos at this time and now we have an opportunity to find that right person.

It may work out, it may not. But it certainly wasnt working with McDaniels at the head. At least there is a chance now that things will go better.
                              Right On....

I want the New Coach to WIn OUT but I do not want to miss out on some proven Coaches by jumping in with the last 4 win's and hoping it translates

I will be fine with who ever we get, as long as they are about the Team and not them selves
                              We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Don't worry OP Im with you. No one has patience it seems so when this new coach comes in I want a year and a half. No playoffs= fail just like McD since thats how long he had. U guys happy now but watch us become the raiders. Stupid decision we will regret.
                                :go:

Comment

Working...
                                X