4-3 or 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3 or 3-4

With a new staff coming in most likely, what kind of defense would you want them utilize? The 4-3 or 3-4 and how do you see the line-up shaping up if we switched back to the 4-3? This isn't meant to be a who do you want to come coach us, but a discussion on which D formation would you want.

I'm pretty torn on this actually, although I love the idea of an aggressive attacking 3-4 a 4-3 front of ayers and doom at the ends, vickeson, bannan, jwall, thomas rotating the DTs and DJ, Wood and Haggan at LBs could be scary. OR do we think Doom would be able to play OLB in a 4-3 now?

3-4 all the way

The team is built for a 3-4

Doom is a pure 3-4 tweeker.

Going back to 4-3 would be bad for some players.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

Our best player is Elvis Dumervil. It is obvious he is the better off as a 3-4 OLB. So I say we stay 3-4.

Comment

I like 3-4 and I think we should pick up hayneworth in the off season cuz I'm sure he'll b released and he was a monster at tennesee wit a 3-4

Comment

Originally posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
          Our best player is Elvis Dumervil. It is obvious he is the better off as a 3-4 OLB. So I say we stay 3-4.
          Explain how it is obvious please.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
            I like 3-4 and I think we should pick up hayneworth in the off season cuz I'm sure he'll b released and he was a monster at tennesee wit a 3-4
            you know the reason all the drama him is because he does not want to play in the 3-4, wont happen.
            sigpic
            "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
              the titans played a 4-3. The reason why he wanted out of Washington was the change from a 4-3 to 3-4.
              A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                because he can be a 4 down 3-4 OLB but would only be able to hand Pass rushing duties as a DE. Just my opninion.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

My bad had a brain fart

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                    As you wish.

2006 (4-3)- 17 Tackles, 8.5 sacks
                    2007 (4-3)- 39 Tackles, 12.5 sacks
                    2008 (4-3)- 24 Tackles, 5 sacks
                    2009 (3-4)- 49 Tackles, 17 sacks

2009 he had career highs in every stat you can think of, and it wasn't even close. He is better suited as an OLB.

Comment

It's hard to even speculate at this point. Once we bring in a REAL GM with his NFL connections, I think that will tell us a lot more about who we may hire and what they might implement.
                      RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                      :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

I would prefer a hybrid 3-4/4-3 to take advantage of the strengths of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                          It's hard to even speculate at this point. Once we bring in a REAL GM with his NFL connections, I think that will tell us a lot more about who we may hire and what they might implement.
                          I have one problem with that, McDaniels has had his thumb over Xanders the entire time they've been here I want to see what Xanders can do when he's in charge. Jim Mora Jr. said Monday on the Coach Show on NFL Network that he knew Xanders from his time in Atlanta and thinks he is an intelligent person. I wonder what he could do when it's his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                            because he can be a 4 down 3-4 OLB but would only be able to hand Pass rushing duties as a DE. Just my opninion.
                            Dwight Freeney does pretty well in a 4-3 in Indy

Comment

There is one major reason why the Broncos have to stay with the 3-4, Elvis Dumervil

Stated simply, Dumervil is a better 3-4 OLB than he is a 4-3 RDE, where he routinely got run over at the point of attack.

Better for Doom to play in space and be versatile and creative, and the 3-4 suits that best.

Comment

Working...
                              X