4-3 or 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edlok11 View Post
    do you guys really want to go back to a 4-3 defense? personally i prefer the 3-4 and if we switch back to 4-3 we will be making dumervil a mediocre de again. so i think we should stay 3-4 wat do you guys think?
    Mediocre? Doom is still a pass rush beast in the 4-3.
    sigpic

Comment

We should have played 4-3 considering players we have. We are asking every DE to move to OLB and play coverage that is not fair to them. Robert Ayers is 4-3 DE. Our ILBs are not good at taking on Blockers and give up too many yards.

Comment

As far as I know, I am the only poster here pro 4-3. Here is basically how this argument goes:

Pro, "There are a lot of very good 4-3 players available in FA this year"

Con, "but Doom"

Pro, "It could really open up the draft to take BPA"

Con, "but Doom"

Pro, "we are not even grooming a future NT"

Con, "but Doom"

Pro, "in fact we only have 2 DL guys under contract for next year, and one can play 1 tech in 4-3, the other is 35 yrs old"

Con, "we can get a NT in round 3 sweet!...and Doom"

So far the only argument for a 3-4 is Doom is a horrible 4-3 DE because he is sub-par against the run, ignoring the fact he is still sub-par against the run in a 3-4 and has zero coverage skills to boot.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

doom and ayers have both played with their hands down before, so i don't think it really matters. it's just about having enough linebackers to play in space, which i don't think we currently have

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
            doom and ayers have both played with their hands down before, so i don't think it really matters. it's just about having enough linebackers to play in space, which i don't think we currently have
            Dont forget that Hunter has been an effective player in a 4-3 before as well. I think the linebackers would be a bit of a problem, but we could get by. DJ could stay in the middle and Woodyard could start on the weakside. We would likely need to draft someone to play the strongside though.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              Dont forget that Hunter has been an effective player in a 4-3 before as well. I think the linebackers would be a bit of a problem, but we could get by. DJ could stay in the middle and Woodyard could start on the weakside. We would likely need to draft someone to play the strongside though.

Good grief there are about a dozen LBs who could hit FA this year, here is just 10 I have my eye on:

ILB Barrett Ruud ILB Paul Posluszny ILB Stewart Bradley ILB David Harris ILB Rocky McIntosh
              OLB Chad Greenway OLB James Anderson OLB Clint Session OLB Justin Durant OLB Ernie Sims

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                Good grief there are about a dozen LBs who could hit FA this year, here is just 10 I have my eye on:

ILB Barrett Ruud ILB Paul Posluszny ILB Stewart Bradley ILB David Harris ILB Rocky McIntosh
                OLB Chad Greenway OLB James Anderson OLB Clint Session OLB Justin Durant OLB Ernie Sims
                Oh yeah I know, I would be fine with switching back to a 4-3. Unless we can somehow land a dominant nosetackle or 5tech there is no point in staying in a 3-4.

Comment

just imagine though a line in the 4-3 with ayers at one end and doom at the other. Then nick fairley in the middle with a free agent addition like branden mabene.

Comment

personally i want to stay a 3-4 but first things first we HAVE to get younger on the D line maybe a young top prospect for NT cause Jwilliams probably doesnt have much left in the tank

and more depth at LB

id rather stay a 3-4 since we have transitioned to it

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      Oh yeah I know, I would be fine with switching back to a 4-3. Unless we can somehow land a dominant nosetackle or 5tech there is no point in staying in a 3-4.

If we can land a truly elite FA DL for the 3-4 then we should stay, agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        just imagine though a line in the 4-3 with ayers at one end and doom at the other. Then nick fairley in the middle with a free agent addition like branden mabene.
                        I like the way you think.
                        RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                        :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Dooms run stuffing ability is more of a liability in 4-3
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                          X