Broncos sign RB Jeremiah Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He was a decent back at Oregon. If I remember correctly he is about 5'11" 215, with good agility and better than average speed. He's not great at breaking tackles, but he's not soft either.

He actually started over Blount during Blount's sophomore year at Oregon, even though it was obvious Blount was the better athlete.

Overall, I think he's a decent all around back who would provide good depth.
    After searching him on youtube all I can see are videos about his "stiff arm"

As if he's known for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbo4...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3wfl...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF9XMEE4KgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTGW...eature=related

^late in the video
    Last edited by Kno-Sean; 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

This guy is a gem of a find. Good vision for getting in the clear.

Some guys, because of thier field vision and instinctive decisions, can easily negate such things as "average 40 time".

Emmitt Smith was one such fellow.

Julius Jones is an example of the opposite ....Touted as "The next Emmitt Smith, only stronger and faster."

Julius, 50% of the time makes his cuts right into his own lineman...he's either just guessing or has no vision ...either way...all that speed and power has amounted to a nothing career.

Jeremiah Johnson will be productive for us next season. Good job Studesville.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
        Hanging out with former Broncos?? Hmmm...

---

I don't know what to think of him. First, I see him fraternizing with the enemy...

---

...and then next thing you know he's kicking the crap out of another during a baseball game.

But, if nothing else... good depth.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Imagine living each day with a name like that........not fair.

"you a mountain man?" hmmmm.......playing ball at Mile High..........kinda makes sense after all.

Comment

Between Johnson, Orton, and Plummer,

Denver is one heck of an epic beard team!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

I'm still sad about the loss of his woman and son......the last time I watched the show I was hoping that part would be different.

Comment

Looks like Mr. Stiff-arm to me. May be exciting to watch.

sigpic

Comment

He can't be THAT great with the Colts having all their RB's injured, or they would have nabbed him...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                    He can't be THAT great with the Colts having all their RB's injured, or they would have nabbed him...
                    Statements like this assume that NFL coaches are flawless in their assessment of talent. Far from it.

Nearly every team has a guy or two at some position sitting on the bench that is better than the starter, but hasn't been figured out yet.

Jamaal Charles, Jerome Harrison, Tashard Choice, Arian Foster ? ... former Bronco Peyton Hillis was one such fellow.

Likewise, there are guys who have no business even getting an NFL paycheck who suit up every sunday...see one Julius Jones, as per my previous example.

Look at our own history.....Steve Sewell and Gerald Willhite were clearly better runners...but it was Sammy Winder and his 3.6 ypc getting the carries, go figure.

In conclusion, just cuz someone isn't in the NFL already, doesn't mean he doesn't belong there

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      He was a decent back at Oregon. If I remember correctly he is about 5'11" 215, with good agility and better than average speed. He's not great at breaking tackles, but he's not soft either.

He actually started over Blount during Blount's sophomore year at Oregon, even though it was obvious Blount was the better athlete.

Overall, I think he's a decent all around back who would provide good depth.
                      I wouldn't call Blount a better athlete than Johnson. I watched quite a bit of both of them.

Blount is just an every-down back while Jeremiah Johnson is an explosive rotational runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Doran Peck View Post
                        Statements like this assume that NFL coaches are flawless in their assessment of talent. Far from it.

Nearly every team has a guy or two at some position sitting on the bench that is better than the starter, but hasn't been figured out yet.

Jamaal Charles, Jerome Harrison, Tashard Choice, Arian Foster ? ... former Bronco Peyton Hillis was one such fellow.

Likewise, there are guys who have no business even getting an NFL paycheck who suit up every sunday...see one Julius Jones, as per my previous example.

Look at our own history.....Steve Sewell and Gerald Willhite were clearly better runners...but it was Sammy Winder and his 3.6 ypc getting the carries, go figure.

In conclusion, just cuz someone isn't in the NFL already, doesn't mean he doesn't belong there
                        Jets cutting Danny Woodhead... mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Doran Peck View Post

He was waived by Houston (The team that FOUND Foster) in september with an injury Settlement.

He was dropped from Washingtons practice squad. Oct. 28th ( The guy that found Hillis right?)

Nov. 10th, Tryout with the Packers during the bye week, didn't make it.

Dec. 3rd, dropped from the Panthers practice squad.

Not saying he can't maybe be "decent," but don't tell me he is this magic gem thats been passed on by 4 teams already (2 of which are the ones that are good at finding those hidding talents at RB)
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X