Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Get over it ?

Like the fans patiently waited until the end of next season while we re-builded ?

The fans (alot of them) were an embarrassment, disagreeing with McD is one thing but alot of ppl were a disgrace.

McD going is a huge mistake.

I don't give a damn if I get flamed, the fans were a damn disgrace
    Says a guy who watches and enjoys watching Broncos game like the rest of us.

You saying it is a huge mistake means it is correct right?

Then when we win lets say 10 games next you, you come in and say we would've won 14 with McD? Or when we win 4 games next year you come in and say we would've won 10 with McD?

Fact is you have no idea. You are speculating like the rest of us. It could be a huge mistake. It could be a huge relief that gets us back to winning right away.

You just DON'T know.

Get. Over. It.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzmaster View Post
      I tend to agree with what you say.

I still have a hard time understanding why Hillis had to go. Cutler we could all see was an immature gun slinger that threw as many picks as he did touchdowns. Marshall has one foot in jail all the time. But Hillis I still don't understand...?
      As for hillis whom I really liked.

There were several ideas I saw that made more sense than anything.

1 Both under mike and Josh BT had almost supreme ruke in getting his RBs ready to play. He controlled who got the reps in practice (rumored that Hillis was a loust pracice player) therefore Hillis initailly a FB he got few if any carries.

2 hillis is also said to be less thab the sharpest tool in the shed. Took him 5-6 weeks into the first season to "get it".

3 until all the "real BT" Rbs went on IR and frankly had the last injury not happened in. a game with only Hillis available he played well in that game and therefore untill he was hurt a few games later

Had that injury happened in Practice tater would have been brought in to play earlier than he was and hillis would have never seen the field.

4 BT has always beleived in 200-215 pound rbs. Hillis was to big to fit his mold and was a FB/BB only in his eyes.

Enter Josh. He comes in and is "asked to keep BT and Dennison". Knowing that he treads lightly as these two were respected by Pat.

When BT tells him that Hillis is not ready because he does not "get" the playbook but he is worth keeping because he can be an emergency RB and is great out of the backfiekd catching the ball for that reason he is kept on the roster. Josh trusts BT and RD until he finds out they are not all they are cracked up to be which was why they were allowed to mosey on at EOS.

Now cle calls and says hey Josh you were interested in Quinn last year but took the CHI deal instead of ours.

We are going a different direction and Orton does not seem to be as good as quinn is how about we trade #1 pick Quinn for that hillis kid we are looking for a BB.They both to be after thoughts on our teams let's swap.

Remember that even after that they took a high draft choice RB that was slated to start in front of Hillis.

Btw it was also said in 09 that after a good season in 08 his head blew up with hillis wanting only to play RB.

His game one IIRC fumble on a kickoff did him NO favors.

That is my take on how hillis got away.

Comment

Jay is average, leading the 29th ranked O.

The D fell apart WITH Nolan as well, its a talent issue which will be addressed and was starting to be addressed.

Didn't turn us into a winner, you expect that in season 2 ?
        Denver had one of the best offenses in the League in 08. Nice spin there on the O, Josh supporter. Nolan is a solid D coordinator, Dolphins fans are very happy with him. Denver Bronco defense sucks in 2010. Josh took the talented parts of this team and shipped them off.

In 08 all we needed were a few components to defense.

Josh failed, you failed, the rest of us won, we will get better now, stop whining and take your own advice(don't be a disgraceful fan).

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
          Says a guy who watches and enjoys watching Broncos game like the rest of us.

You saying it is a huge mistake means it is correct right?

Then when we win lets say 10 games next you, you come in and say we would've won 14 with McD? Or when we win 4 games next year you come in and say we would've won 10 with McD?

Fact is you have no idea. You are speculating like the rest of us. It could be a huge mistake. It could be a huge relief that gets us back to winning right away.

You just DON'T know.

Get. Over. It.
          I won't compare anything that happens to what McD done, I'm not like that, thats not a fan.

I will support the HC and hope we will every game next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie Guy View Post
            Well....that is the definition of irony...

Talking about how you would have ignored cheating to save a friends job....posted in a thread about disgraceful behavior.
            Bros first. shrug. At least I'm not a stadium full of people making asses of themselves, or threatening a coach and his family so I can feel better about myself.

Comment

The worst thing to come out of this year was the way some of our fans 'supported' the team.

Constantly on McD's back, booing him when he comes out of the tunnel at home, looking for ways to criticise every move.

He took over a pretty bad team, 8-8 was a false record to anyone who has a clue and had to REBUILD this team, he was maybe 50 pc through this, we brought in alot of young talent, had to play alot of them this year due to constant injurys, and they were starting to play well.

Yes it hasbeen a tough year but you HAVE to look at the big picture.

Moreno just ran for a buck 61, the OL is getting better and better, the receiving core, espeically Lloyd, are deep and solid with young guns like DT and Decker looking good.

The D is a problem but has talent in Cox, McBath, Sy'quad, Bruton and the LB core looks really good but has been injured all year.

DOOM, Ayers and DJ look very good, I thought we needed a big physical presence in the draft but it looks like McD found one, what a pick-up Joe Mays was.

The DL is poor but that can be addressed in the draft.

McD has less then 2 years, he was putting together this team but it was going to take time.

I have read some ppl here and in the media say stupid things like - 'The Broncos do not accept losing, they deserve better' ACCEPT WE ARE RE-BUILDING !

Some ppl think we only want to do things the Broncos way, 1 P/Off win in 12 years ?! Maybe thats not a good thing, are we really that shallow ?

Some ppl wanting kubiak if he gets FIRED from an average Texans team, are you KIDDING me ?!!

This team lack a DL and QB, He was bringing Tebow along.

McD will be a top coach and ppl will look back and wonder why we fired him, the reason will be that the fan base was moronic.

Joe Ellis said they accidently gave McD all the power, how does that accidently happen ?!

The team and some media ppl around the Broncos said McD was going to be special, we quit on him now ?!

Hey FO, Hire a damn GM and let the coach just coach, like McD was doing.

McD wished this Franchise nothing but the best in his statement, some ppl still want to hound him even now.

To McD -
              Shouldn't you practice what you preach and support Studesville now? This post seems to make it seem like you're more of a mcd fan than a Bronco fan.

BTW, "average" is better than "bad". 3-9 and 5-17 is BAD. And the 5-17 is the second "baddest" in the NFL over the past 22 games.

I'll take average any day.

Comment

Originally posted by jester06 View Post
                Denver had one of the best offenses in the League in 08. Nice spin there on the O, Josh supporter. Nolan is a solid D coordinator, Dolphins fans are very happy with him. Denver Bronco defense sucks in 2010. Josh took the talented parts of this team and shipped them off.

In 08 all we needed were a few components to defense.

Josh failed, you failed, the rest of us won, we will get better now, stop whining and take your own advice(don't be a disgraceful fan).
                You won ? Got the coach fired ? good for you, I just want the team to do well, I don't care about stupid childish games.

The o was #16 in 08, not good and turnover happy.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Bros first. shrug. At least I'm not a stadium full of people making asses of themselves, or threatening a coach and his family so I can feel better about myself.
                  Those 2 things were the worst 2 happen, made me embarrassent as a Bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    Shouldn't you practice what you preach and support Studesville now? This post seems to make it seem like you're more of a mcd fan than a Bronco fan.

BTW, "average" is better than "bad". 3-9 and 5-17 is BAD. And the 5-17 is the second "baddest" in the NFL over the past 22 games.

I'll take average any day.
                    Average, bad, awful, who cares...........................we were trying to build something good to be a winning franchise, 1 or 2 seasons to re-build are worth it.

I do support Studesville.

Comment

Why do you keep saying 'but we will do what the fans want' - How many successful franchises are run this way
                      Whose quote was that? Your's?
                      Successful franchises don't have 15000 no shows at their 11th game of the year plus all who left during the Raiders game. The fans are not running the show, but they/we should influence it. The product on the field had become the worst product in the league and while paying high prices for tickets the entertainment value was bad and getting worse.
                      So, I don't think the 'inmates are running the asylum.' Rather, a majority of the fans saw what was actually happening-no matter what Josh's supporters say.
                      SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        I don't agree with the booing of the players or coach...I certainly don't agree with making stupid threats against a person or their family for a game.

I also don't agree with cheating...call me Mr. Opinionated
                        Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Comment

Agreed. Fans are ruthless, rude, and most of the time uninformed. But its done with now.

Hopefully whoever our next head coach is isn't treated as poorly as McD.

Comment

Jay is average, leading the 29th ranked O.

The D fell apart WITH Nolan as well, its a talent issue which will be addressed and was starting to be addressed.

Didn't turn us into a winner, you expect that in season 2 ?
                            The Bears are 16-12 with him right now. McDaniels was 11-17.

Yes, it was a talent issue. McDaniels wasn't bringing in any. How many front seven players did we draft the last two years, 19 total picks?

1. Robert Ayers. If you want to nitpick you would include Kirlew, but a seventh rounder who doesn't make the team doesn't really count. Signing old, over the hill free agents is not the way to build a defense and that was ALL McDaniels could do.

I expected a competitive team. This team was not competitive.
                            A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post

I expected a competitive team. This team was not competitive.
                              I'd disagree with that.

We were in with a shout in a lot of games.

Jags, Jets, Colts maybe, 49ers, Rams, Chiefs of the top of my head.

Comment

I love how this line

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                                Stop acting like you know what would've happened...
                                Is directly followed by this line

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                                Josh probably would've traded our pick and then used our 1st rounder to select another offensive player.

hey d-bronx Stop acting like you know what would've happened lolololol

Comment

Working...
                                X