Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This fan base has been a disgrace

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
    Almost teared up at this illiterate rant... I agree, he will be a good coach... someday. But that wasnt today and and it wont be with the Broncos.

    You know, I love the McDaniels apologist using the "too much power" argument. Works both ways ya'll. If he, Josh, knew he wasnt capable of running the team he should have said it was too much. Instead he snatched up every scrap that was thrown his way. His ego rode his ass out of town. Not the fans.
    In the same sentiment, Bowlen, Ellis, and company obviously saw the snowball getting out of control and never once stepped in to strip some power away. I honestly think that its because after Cutlerday Ellis genuinely wanted McD gone, so he did the only thing he could and kept Bowlen at bay while McD destroyed himself.

    Comment


    • #62
      I feel that this team is not in total disarray. The young OL is getting better and better. It takes time for an OL to gel and even more so with all the young players on the OL.

      We have an excellent receiving core with the young guys, DT and Decker not even getting much PT yet. And the secondary looks very good for the future. We have a good solid LB crew that will be healthy and fully functional next year. I do hope that Champ is retained as he is still a top CB in this league.

      The additions of Joe Mays, and Hunter will provide good depth at LB. And Vickerson is a good addition to the DL. We need to address the DL in the draft most of all as it is an aging group of players. Marcus Thomas is playing better this year and providing some good run support.

      And the QB position is going to be competitive with Orton and Tebow battling for the starting position. I feel that Tebow will win the job next year and provide some much needed leadership for the team.

      Everyone that says this team is full of crappy players needs to take a good look at the players we have and realize that we have a solid foundation in all areas except the DL which will hopefully be addressed through the draft this year.

      Heres to the Broncos and the future which I feel is pretty bright as long as we get a coach and GM that will see the pieces in place and build on them.
      Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
      sigpic
      Bone thrown at me during the Drive
      at Bar in Columbus Ohio

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        We ALL do but you have to accept we are re-building.

        So we go through a losing season and this is how everyone behaves and the coach gets fired ?

        It will take time to build us back up, now it will take longer but the fans will expect the division next year or they will whine like babys and another coach will be fired
        __________________________________________________ _______________
        I believe you keep ignoring that Denver did not hire McD to rebuild and it never was called rebuilding by anybody except his supporters as he was on his way out and now, after he has been fired. I do think however, that some rebuilding is now necessary. Of course every team changes a little each year, but rebuilding is a different process/animal.
        SmilingJack

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          I love how this line



          Is directly followed by this line





          hey d-bronx Stop acting like you know what would've happened lolololol
          STOP USING YOUR LOGIC TO BE SO......ummmmmm...logical....



          and stuff :thumb:
          Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            You won ? Got the coach fired ? good for you, I just want the team to do well, I don't care about stupid childish games.

            The o was #16 in 08, not good and turnover happy.
            The Broncos and fans won by getting rid of a terrible coach. We all want the team to do well and it was getting terrible, so it's going to get better. It got WORSE under McDaniels.

            In 08 the O was #2 in total offens(yards) and number 16# in points. In 2009 it got worse going by your stat they were #20 at 20.4 points per game, down from 23.1 in 08. They were all around worse under your hero and it was getting even worse fast.

            So move on and stop whining about the fans.
            Last edited by jester06; 12-08-2010, 12:53 PM.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              We had one of the worst D's in football history, an ageing OL, average RB's and a baby QB who threw picks for fun
              If there was a contest as to how wrong someone could be, you'd win hands down.

              You're actually making our arguments for us. Everyone here agrees the defense was horrible...

              So please explain to us with a straight face why he spent most of the draft on OFFENSE when it wasn't needed?

              You claim you like Hillis, yet claim our RB's were "average". That being said, what about the "average" RB's McDaniels brought in in FA?

              And you're way out to lunch about our "aging" OL, and simply ignoring facts that are kicking you in the face just to support an argument. The Broncos OL was considered one of the best in football. Aging didn't seem to affect Wiegmann when he went back to KC to lead one of the better running teams in football.

              Please try again.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Elway'sGhost View Post
                And you're way out to lunch about our "aging" OL, and simply ignoring facts that are kicking you in the face just to support an argument. The Broncos OL was considered one of the best in football.
                an aging OL that only gave up 12 sacks the year before...they were pushed around all right.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by WillTopper View Post
                  He destroyed this team, he destroyed fan support, he destroyed the future of this organization for the next 2 or 3 years.
                  Ditto on everything. The day he was signed, I knew it was trouble. Started with the gaff with Jay, when he turned his back on him to try to sign his NE reject Cassel, to never giving Hillis a shot and later trading him for a crappy QB, to getting rid of Scheff & Marshall. Ive never liked the guy, never will and to that I say GOOD RIDDENS JABRONI!
                  2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
                  Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
                  US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Swap the 2009 and the 2010 season's around.

                    Say last year Denver went 4-12, 3-13, whatever.

                    Then this season, Denver starts out hot, but finishes 8-8, with the playoffs on the line right down to the end of the season.

                    Then McDaniels job would be safe. He would have shown significant improvement from one season to the next.

                    The above scenarios are what is happening now with 2 other teams that had the same record Denver is heading towards; Tampa and St. Louis.

                    Both teams hired a new coach after horrible season. Both had a really down year last year...but look at both of these team. St. Louis has a chance to win their division and Tampa has a chance at a wild card spot.

                    These teams last year are where we are now.

                    But Denver finished above those expectations last season. We finished 8-8. The fans had every expectation to expect a better product on the field this year than last.

                    Every NFL fan expects that. And as the HC and face of the organization, he was not getting it done. 3 games won all season, when last season we had 8.

                    We expected more. The Broncos organization expected more.

                    So now McDaniels is gone. I was really hoping he would suceed here in Denver. But its not to be.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted by: Peanut

                    "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                    -Sean Payton

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      .

                      The o was #16 in 08, not good and turnover happy.
                      You do realize John Elway had 52 interceptions in his first three years here ? And also he only had 47 Tds in those same 3 years .

                      QB's with a lot of desire to win and a lot of talent throw ints early in their careers.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by WillTopper View Post
                        You do realize John Elway had 52 interceptions in his first three years here ? And also he only had 47 Tds in those same 3 years .

                        QB's with a lot of desire to win and a lot of talent throw ints early in their careers.
                        Especially when he knows his defense isn't going to stop anyone.

                        Chicago has one of the worst O-lines and receiving corps in football, but Cutler's kept his picks down because he knows he doesn't have to force the issue because the Bears defense is capable of stopping people.

                        Imagine Orton under Chicago's current line? He'd have been on a gurney by week 3.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                          The worst thing to come out of this year was the way some of our fans 'supported' the team.

                          Constantly on McD's back, booing him when he comes out of the tunnel at home, looking for ways to criticise every move.

                          He took over a pretty bad team, 8-8 was a false record to anyone who has a clue and had to REBUILD this team, he was maybe 50 pc through this, we brought in alot of young talent, had to play alot of them this year due to constant injurys, and they were starting to play well.

                          Yes it hasbeen a tough year but you HAVE to look at the big picture.

                          Moreno just ran for a buck 61, the OL is getting better and better, the receiving core, espeically Lloyd, are deep and solid with young guns like DT and Decker looking good.

                          The D is a problem but has talent in Cox, McBath, Sy'quad, Bruton and the LB core looks really good but has been injured all year.

                          DOOM, Ayers and DJ look very good, I thought we needed a big physical presence in the draft but it looks like McD found one, what a pick-up Joe Mays was.

                          The DL is poor but that can be addressed in the draft.

                          McD has less then 2 years, he was putting together this team but it was going to take time.

                          I have read some ppl here and in the media say stupid things like - 'The Broncos do not accept losing, they deserve better' ACCEPT WE ARE RE-BUILDING !

                          Some ppl think we only want to do things the Broncos way, 1 P/Off win in 12 years ?! Maybe thats not a good thing, are we really that shallow ?

                          Some ppl wanting kubiak if he gets FIRED from an average Texans team, are you KIDDING me ?!!

                          This team lack a DL and QB, He was bringing Tebow along.

                          McD will be a top coach and ppl will look back and wonder why we fired him, the reason will be that the fan base was moronic.

                          Joe Ellis said they accidently gave McD all the power, how does that accidently happen ?!

                          The team and some media ppl around the Broncos said McD was going to be special, we quit on him now ?!

                          Hey FO, Hire a damn GM and let the coach just coach, like McD was doing.

                          McD wished this Franchise nothing but the best in his statement, some ppl still want to hound him even now.

                          To McD -
                          Again we were told by Pat Bowlen when he fired Shanahan that he was looking for a coach that gave us the best chance to WIN NOW, in that respect McDaniels failed, and i was ok with that up until the FACT McDaniels hired the same cheater from New England and gave him the same exact position here, and he did the same damn thing and now our Broncos are labeled cheaters again, that's where he lost my support. I don't care what the NFL says what Josh says, he hired the guy knowing his past, and that speaks volumes to me.
                          I really like Cheese.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I still support McD and also think alot of the "fan" base has been a digrace.

                            Too much emphasis on win win win right now rather than one step back, two steps forward.

                            IMO where Josh went wrong is he re-vamped the Offense first and not the defense, when it was the defense that was the problem.

                            If he had just kept the offense playing simple football, phasing his system in slowly but concentrated heavily on the defense in the draft then people would've gotten off his back a little bit more.

                            Too many people in love with Cutler, Marshall & Hillis got their man-crushes destroyed and blamed McD, totally forgetting about their major character flaws (not Hillis by the way, he just didn't fit the system - a RB who can/will pass is essential in a pass first offense).

                            If you look at what McD did with the offense its been great, completely revamped it and had it not been for Orton sucking under the remotest of pressure I think we would've won atleast three or four more games.

                            Obviously, we dont know what happens behind the scenes so if he messed up majorly in things we know little of then fair enough, but given what we know it was stupid to get rid of him.

                            Ellis said they gave him too much responsibility and it was their fault???? Then why not re-address the situation this off-season? Bring in a competant GM to help him out.

                            He's a young coach, an young Head coach and I really hoped he and the Broncos would grow together, warts and all as the growing pains pass, and turn into a top team with no prima-donnas *****ing about this and that,

                            Oh well, when we get Kubiak and he stinks the place out as he is doing in Houston and all the fans turn on him we'll watch on as McDaniels takes another team to greatness.
                            GO BRONCOS!!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              The worst thing to come out of this year was the way some of our fans 'supported' the team.

                              Constantly on McD's back, booing him when he comes out of the tunnel at home, looking for ways to criticise every move.

                              He took over a pretty bad team, 8-8 was a false record to anyone who has a clue and had to REBUILD this team, he was maybe 50 pc through this, we brought in alot of young talent, had to play alot of them this year due to constant injurys, and they were starting to play well.

                              Yes it hasbeen a tough year but you HAVE to look at the big picture.

                              Moreno just ran for a buck 61, the OL is getting better and better, the receiving core, espeically Lloyd, are deep and solid with young guns like DT and Decker looking good.

                              The D is a problem but has talent in Cox, McBath, Sy'quad, Bruton and the LB core looks really good but has been injured all year.

                              DOOM, Ayers and DJ look very good, I thought we needed a big physical presence in the draft but it looks like McD found one, what a pick-up Joe Mays was.

                              The DL is poor but that can be addressed in the draft.

                              McD has less then 2 years, he was putting together this team but it was going to take time.

                              I have read some ppl here and in the media say stupid things like - 'The Broncos do not accept losing, they deserve better' ACCEPT WE ARE RE-BUILDING !

                              Some ppl think we only want to do things the Broncos way, 1 P/Off win in 12 years ?! Maybe thats not a good thing, are we really that shallow ?

                              Some ppl wanting kubiak if he gets FIRED from an average Texans team, are you KIDDING me ?!!

                              This team lack a DL and QB, He was bringing Tebow along.

                              McD will be a top coach and ppl will look back and wonder why we fired him, the reason will be that the fan base was moronic.

                              Joe Ellis said they accidently gave McD all the power, how does that accidently happen ?!

                              The team and some media ppl around the Broncos said McD was going to be special, we quit on him now ?!

                              Hey FO, Hire a damn GM and let the coach just coach, like McD was doing.

                              McD wished this Franchise nothing but the best in his statement, some ppl still want to hound him even now.

                              To McD -
                              Get real coach Misshandles sucked! I pay my hard earned
                              money for season tickets every year. Josh should hand me cash back for that Raiders game that I paid to watch. If I go see a bad movie I'm gonna boo. If I watch my team play like they don't care I'm gonna boo. Josh did things that went against simple logic. If you love Josh so much go follow him back to a small time school. When you pay for a product you have the right to voice your opinion on it!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Elway'sGhost View Post
                                Especially when he knows his defense isn't going to stop anyone.

                                Chicago has one of the worst O-lines and receiving corps in football, but Cutler's kept his picks down because he knows he doesn't have to force the issue because the Bears defense is capable of stopping people.

                                Imagine Orton under Chicago's current line? He'd have been on a gurney by week 3.
                                I know I will get flamed for this ; ) But I think Cutler stands a very good chance of becoming an HOF QB.

                                When Shanahan got fired the first words out of my mouth were 'OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO'
                                When Josh traded Cutler the first words out of my mouth were: 'what kind of m#$%#$## f#$%#$%## idiot trades away a pro bowl as one of his first actions as a new coach?'
                                When Hillis and Marshal and Shefler did not play the last game of 2009, I said the same thing over and over for weeks 'This coach is an IDIOT'

                                Not only is he a horrible coach .... he is a vindictive little #$%#$ with a napoleon complex. The fans complaining was like chemo, Pat performed the surgery and the cancer is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X