No announcement yet.

This fan base has been a disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful franchises don't have 15000 no shows at their 11th game of the year

Ermm... The maximum capacity of Mile High is 76,125.

We have played 6 home games this season and we have had 451,418 people in attendance.

Not "tickets sold" - but actually present at the game.

456,750 is the most people possible to have at the games so far this season if every single seat was filled every single game.

If we presume that the greatest - let's even say all of the no-shows we've had this season came at the last game, that means that all of 5332 people did not attend that game.

That's if we put EVERY SINGLE NO SHOW FROM THE ENTIRE SEASON onto this one game.

Link.

The statement above is accurate. Successful franchises do not have 15,000 no shows at one game.

The Broncos haven't had 15,000 no shows the entire season even if we add it all together, nor are they likely to.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
      Swap the 2009 and the 2010 season's around.

Say last year Denver went 4-12, 3-13, whatever.

Then this season, Denver starts out hot, but finishes 8-8, with the playoffs on the line right down to the end of the season.

Then McDaniels job would be safe. He would have shown significant improvement from one season to the next.

The above scenarios are what is happening now with 2 other teams that had the same record Denver is heading towards; Tampa and St. Louis.

Both teams hired a new coach after horrible season. Both had a really down year last year...but look at both of these team. St. Louis has a chance to win their division and Tampa has a chance at a wild card spot.

These teams last year are where we are now.

But Denver finished above those expectations last season. We finished 8-8. The fans had every expectation to expect a better product on the field this year than last.

Every NFL fan expects that. And as the HC and face of the organization, he was not getting it done. 3 games won all season, when last season we had 8.

We expected more. The Broncos organization expected more.

So now McDaniels is gone. I was really hoping he would suceed here in Denver. But its not to be.
      Sometimes things go wrong, injuries ect. Look at Gruden's record when he took over the Bucs.
      12-4 season along with a SB victory, then he went 7-9, then 5-11, people here would say Fire Him! The next season he goes 11-5.

He got worse every year for 2 years strait ( He was also a non-rookie HC) yet they gave him a chance to improve.

If we don't give a coach a solid chance to get his product on the field (several years), then the entire organization will slowly degrade as bring in coach after coach.

I feel this next draft was going to be a nice D draft along with a more healthy LB corp. to improve the defense, and really improve our record.

McD didn't make all perfect choices (Just like the FO said we will not give control to a HC like Shanny had, then turn around and be too cheap to keep player GM's and just let the HC multi-task)

But anyway he is not here anymore, on to supporting Studesville, and the next HC whom ever that may be.....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
        Ermm... The maximum capacity of Mile High is 76,125.

We have played 6 home games this season and we have had 451,418 people in attendance.

Not "tickets sold" - but actually present at the game.

456,750 is the most people possible to have at the games so far this season if every single seat was filled every single game.

If we presume that the greatest - let's even say all of the no-shows we've had this season came at the last game, that means that all of 5332 people did not attend that game.

That's if we put EVERY SINGLE NO SHOW FROM THE ENTIRE SEASON onto this one game.

Link.

The statement above is accurate. Successful franchises do not have 15,000 no shows at one game.

The Broncos haven't had 15,000 no shows the entire season even if we add it all together, nor are they likely to.
        __________________________________________________ _____________
        "Broncos COO Joe Ellis said Nov. 27 that McDaniels’s oversight wasn’t a “fireable offense.” By itself, it might not have been. But a day later, as 15,000 no-shows stayed away from Invesco Field and the team announced its lowest tickets-distributed figure since moving to the new stadium, the dominoes were starting to fall."
        Source Andrew Mason MaxDenver.com

This is not where I read it just the first one to come up in google. The 72000+ announced AFTER the game was tickets distributed, not used. I was there and the ends of both east and west upper levels were not even sold and the no shows were everywhere until half time and then there were many more who just left.
        SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingJack View Post
          __________________________________________________ _____________
          "Broncos COO Joe Ellis said Nov. 27 that McDaniels’s oversight wasn’t a “fireable offense.” By itself, it might not have been. But a day later, as 15,000 no-shows stayed away from Invesco Field and the team announced its lowest tickets-distributed figure since moving to the new stadium, the dominoes were starting to fall."
          Source Andrew Mason MaxDenver.com

This is not where I read it just the first one to come up in google. The 72000+ announced AFTER the game was tickets distributed, not used. I was there and the ends of both east and west upper levels were not even sold and the no shows were everywhere until half time and then there were many more who just left.
          Dunno where that information came from. The only reliable source I was able to find on attendance came from ESPN. If you can find the source, let's have a look at it.

ESPN got its info from the NFL however, and it focuses on butts in the seat, not ticket sales or any of that other stuff as far as I've been able to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
            Stop acting like you know what would've happened... Josh probably would've traded our pick and then used our 1st rounder to select another offensive player.

What good things did we have in place? Please tell me.... All the players were turning on Josh, and enough was enough.

He made us an embarrassment after SpyGate 2.0. This is way to proud of a franchise to stand for that nonsense.

So please, give me a break with this crap. The Denver Broncos should not be 3-9. Enough said. We are not the Lions.

bitter much the mantra fo Josh trading for this or that. Wow get over it He made draft day exciting verses getting the old WHO? when mikey would make a pick. Until proiven otehr wise Josh did not DAFT a one handed WR in the second round.

Not sure where you substantiate your allegations that players were turning on him. But from what I've read it was a rumor by a sensational reporter.

Let go of the hate for Josh he is gone.

Comment

I would say that the last HC was the real disgrace...

REAL fans deserve better... REAL fans express their appreciation or displeasure when appropriate... The Denver Broncos aren't the Detroit Lions... REAL fans don't settle for year after year of mediocrity...
              Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                Dunno where that information came from. The only reliable source I was able to find on attendance came from ESPN. If you can find the source, let's have a look at it.

ESPN got its info from the NFL however, and it focuses on butts in the seat, not ticket sales or any of that other stuff as far as I've been able to find out.
                __________________________________________________ _______________
                The team refused to announce the no shows last week. The NFL also uses tickets distributed info from the teams.
                SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by WillTopper View Post
                  I know I will get flamed for this ; ) But I think Cutler stands a very good chance of becoming an HOF QB.

When Shanahan got fired the first words out of my mouth were 'OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO'
                  When Josh traded Cutler the first words out of my mouth were: 'what kind of m#$%#$## f#$%#$%## idiot trades away a pro bowl as one of his first actions as a new coach?'
                  When Hillis and Marshal and Shefler did not play the last game of 2009, I said the same thing over and over for weeks 'This coach is an IDIOT'

Not only is he a horrible coach .... he is a vindictive little #$%#$ with a napoleon complex. The fans complaining was like chemo, Pat performed the surgery and the cancer is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  EPIC. WIN.

I have no pity whatsoever for McD. None. The dude is a millionaire who got paid to essentially take a team on the BRINK of becoming a legitimate Super Bowl contender and turn them into the "Buffalo Bills of the West". Yes, we have actually been referred to as the Buffalo Bills of the West.

All the guy did with his time here was abuse his authority, alienate staff and players, and disrespect everyone within ten feet of him.

You, OP, are the disgrace here, and in more ways than one. It's one thing to love and support your team. That's what I do, and always will do.

But that doesn't mean I have to support the WAY IN WHICH IT IS BEING RUN. I bet you would have supported Butch Davis to the end of days. Romeo Crennell? This guy was taking our franchise and throwing it into a tree, burying it six feet under so nobody could every find it again. Whether you believe McD inherited a good team or not, at the very LEAST we were a relevant and competitive team throughout the league.

Can you HONESTLY sit here and tell me that 5-17 in our last 22 games retains that status? Have we been competitive. Yeah, a 59-14 loss at HOME to our BIGGEST rivals in the LEAGUE is competitive.

But wait, we started 6-0 right? You know what I want to know?

HOW DO YOU GET HANDED A 6-0 START AND 3 GAME DIVISION LEAD (which our DEFENSE was responsible, as it WAS 1ST IN THE NFL UP TO THAT POINT) AND PROCEED TO FINISH 8-8 AND MISS THE PLAYOFFS?

It was a collapse of EPIC proportions. No team with a 3.5 division game lead had (notice the use of the word HAD instead of HAS) EVER A). Not won their division, and B). Missed the playoffs.

Make no mistake about it, we made NFL history last year, but not in a good way.

Then this year we field a team that is undisciplined, unproductive, and one who regularly loses games or is down at some point by 3+ TD's? One whose coach TRADED AWAY THREE PRO BOWL TALENTS (Make no mistake about it, Peyton Hillis will be in the pro-bowl this year) and NEVER JUSTIFIED THE MOVES ON THE FIELD. And I'm not even scratching the surface of his failures either.

Yeah, I miss McD, and I'm a disgrace because I showed my displeasure with the guy who HAD THE KEYS TO MY LOVE AND JOY AND THEN DROVE IT OFF A CLIFF.

You, sir, are pathetic. Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBUUUUUULLLLLLLL EEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE!

Denver fans and Denver Ownership: 1
                  You: 0
                  Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

59-14. That is all.

Comment

Oh yeah, and he deserved to be booed and run out of town. Only good thing he did was get Tebow for this organization.

Comment

I too have lost much respect for our fan base. It seems the Bronco fan base lacks football knowledge. Its all Tebow this and Tebow that, if these idiots get their wish god help us all. The backup qb is always the idiot fans favorite player and I think that draft choice was really mcds biggest mistake. I really liked the direction this offense was going and now we start over again. Three years should be a minimum for a coach implementing a new system. At this point I just think we have a senile owner who makes decisions on raw emotion.

Comment

One thing I don't get is why everyone said he inherited a "bad" team? c'mon people he got a team that was average. The defense below average and the offense was above average. You all act like he took over the lions or bills teams.

He MADE it horrible by trading 4 talented OFFENSIVE players (which still makes no sense). Then he basically didn't do anything to the defense except add old vets.

He tore a team down to the skeleton and made it horrible then started building it back up. Which he barely did anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            The worst thing to come out of this year was the way some of our fans 'supported' the team.

Constantly on McD's back, booing him when he comes out of the tunnel at home, looking for ways to criticise every move.

He took over a pretty bad team, 8-8 was a false record to anyone who has a clue and had to REBUILD this team, he was maybe 50 pc through this, we brought in alot of young talent, had to play alot of them this year due to constant injurys, and they were starting to play well.

Yes it hasbeen a tough year but you HAVE to look at the big picture.

Moreno just ran for a buck 61, the OL is getting better and better, the receiving core, espeically Lloyd, are deep and solid with young guns like DT and Decker looking good.

The D is a problem but has talent in Cox, McBath, Sy'quad, Bruton and the LB core looks really good but has been injured all year.

DOOM, Ayers and DJ look very good, I thought we needed a big physical presence in the draft but it looks like McD found one, what a pick-up Joe Mays was.

The DL is poor but that can be addressed in the draft.

McD has less then 2 years, he was putting together this team but it was going to take time.

I have read some ppl here and in the media say stupid things like - 'The Broncos do not accept losing, they deserve better' ACCEPT WE ARE RE-BUILDING !

Some ppl think we only want to do things the Broncos way, 1 P/Off win in 12 years ?! Maybe thats not a good thing, are we really that shallow ?

Some ppl wanting kubiak if he gets FIRED from an average Texans team, are you KIDDING me ?!!

This team lack a DL and QB, He was bringing Tebow along.

McD will be a top coach and ppl will look back and wonder why we fired him, the reason will be that the fan base was moronic.

Joe Ellis said they accidently gave McD all the power, how does that accidently happen ?!

The team and some media ppl around the Broncos said McD was going to be special, we quit on him now ?!

Hey FO, Hire a damn GM and let the coach just coach, like McD was doing.

McD wished this Franchise nothing but the best in his statement, some ppl still want to hound him even now.

To McD -
                            Poor poor Josh he has no supporters. He has regressed this team and brought shame on our organization. And I'm being called out because i'm supposed to blindly follow him ino the abyss! Not me dude. I'm a huge bronco fan and I am allowed to hate what this guy has done here.
                            "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              Sometimes things go wrong, injuries ect. Look at Gruden's record when he took over the Bucs.
                              12-4 season along with a SB victory, then he went 7-9, then 5-11, people here would say Fire Him! The next season he goes 11-5.

He got worse every year for 2 years strait ( He was also a non-rookie HC) yet they gave him a chance to improve.

If we don't give a coach a solid chance to get his product on the field (several years), then the entire organization will slowly degrade as bring in coach after coach.

I feel this next draft was going to be a nice D draft along with a more healthy LB corp. to improve the defense, and really improve our record.

McD didn't make all perfect choices (Just like the FO said we will not give control to a HC like Shanny had, then turn around and be too cheap to keep player GM's and just let the HC multi-task)

But anyway he is not here anymore, on to supporting Studesville, and the next HC whom ever that may be.....
                              The difference is that Jon Gruden didn't TRADE AWAY ALL OF HIS TALENT or be connected with A CHEATING AND INTEGRITY SCANDAL and also didn't ALIENATE ALL OF HIS STAFF MEMBERS AND COORDINATORS.

We would have been happy to give McD another year if he went about his business without the arrogant, high-horse attitude and the highly controversial two years that followed his hire, whether they be cheating scandals or questionable personnel decisions.

McD's tenure here was inherently different than other tenures in the league for these reasons, and resulted in him having a bit of a shorter leash and need to win more quickly than others.

And for good reason.

Comment

The fanbase has never been this bad in broncos history.

A new coach stepped in and everything blew up.

Is it a coincidence? Quit blaming the fans

Comment

Working...
                                X