X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeGonePro View Post
    Great post Bronx. I completely agree. I gave you some CP points. Kudos to you.

This fanbase is getting out of control. Just seems like a bunch of lil' kids crying everyday untill they got want they wanted.

And that was Josh Mcdaniels head on a stick. Congrats everybody!

Now i realize 90% of this fanbase is under the age of 16. :thumb:
    Or they grew up playing madden..

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
    Didn't realize you had a coaching position with the Broncos. Cool. :thumb:
    Oh, I don't coach at all. I do like sarcasim to get my point across though. I Don't know where I made you think I was a coach for our Broncos. I'll go back and look for the statement that made you think that and change at soon as I can, my bad dog!

For future referance, I do not coach on our Broncos staff for anyone else wondering. Fact is, I have NO experience coaching.

Leave a comment:

• JRWIZ
    replied
    Originally posted by BRich View Post
    The idea that McDaniels took over a bad team is some fairytale his supporters dreamed up to force their agenda. He took over a mediocre team with great pieces in place and flexibility to add. We are now one of the worst teams in the NFL. We are in worse shape - and that can't be denied. Horrible trades, flopping draft picks left and right, bad press with cheating. There's so many reasons this is the right move. Our fanbase didn't do anything to Josh that other fanbases do with their lame duck coaches.
    Actually I believe that with the exception of a few offensive and perhaps 3 on D he got crap for a TEAM.

Pat wanted the NE model brought here and to do that it meant the spread O and being able to close the deal in the red zone on offense and the 3-4 on D.

So let's talk about those players.

On O:
    Jay
    Marshall
    Scheffler
    Clady
    Hamilton
    Casey
    Kuper
    Harris
    Graham
    And a bunch of running backs.

None of the RBs were worth a crap in the red zone and were ZBS guys. OK between the 20's.

So they all left and for the most part are not in the NFL anymore.
    Oh torain yep he was the exception but also coming off an injury, IIRC was not ready till this year. The only other runner was hillis who was a FB according to BT.

So we needed a real RB that could run between the tackles and get the tough yards. That meant adios to all the RB's on the roster some of which IIRC were given a shot in otas and TC none cut the mustard.

OK let's talk TE graham a good blocking TE but not a huge pass catcher. Mikey originally brought him here to do both with emphasis on blocking as we were having issues in protecting the QB. TS great in pass catching but put no effort into blocking since a true recieving TE is not high on the needs list. Was expendable when NO ONE wanted to trade for him he was kept to improve his blocking. We all know the reasoning for his departure.

Oline: Clady no brainer.
    Hamilton has been blocking in pass pro like he was on roller blades since 06 when we changed to the drop back pocket that suited jay. He had to step up or his light ass was gone. Was given the chance but probably knowing he would fail Josh was wise enough to have hockstien in the shelf when he failed.

Casey problow on 08 to fail in the PBS in 09. We all know that Josh gave him a fat contract before the 08 season only to see it be a mistake.
    Kuper thought to be a great ORG someone that I thought overrated. Hurt much of the last two seasons. Time will tell although he got a nice contract extension before the season. Only not to be his former pre surgery self in 10.

Harris FWIW I think a loser that can't be counted on long term to date has onlt started 50% on the games he has been on the roster for injured for the rest of the time. With a contract coming up he is gone IMO.

QB jay a immature punk with an over inflated ego who ikey did no favors by pumping smoke up his ass about getting a fat contract in the spring if he did well. IMO he went for the big play to pad his stats with mikey not reeling him in to go for the open recievers. A ton of potential and most thought Josh was the right guy to bring him to the next level. We all know how that ended with jay immaturity showing its ass.

Marshall great wr between the sidelines. Beyond that a police blotter away from a half season suspension. Oh BTW wanted to be paid more money than any other wr. Forgot that jay wanted the same (clubs policy of not redoing contracts till they were in there last year both knew that mikey would take care of them in the spring).
    We all know how many time BM git time off without pay for his antics, on the field, in the locker room and domestic violence issues.

On D it was dj champ and doom. With the only one not learning a new spot AGAIN being Champ.

With the rest of the starting D not starting any where else in the NFL and for the most part now selling cell phones for a living.

So pray tell, please explain all of the talent Josh inherited.

I don't see it.
    Last edited by JRWIZ; 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM. Reason: no spelling check on mobile site.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
    Ok some peps hated every DC for a decade...... Gone
    Some hated Marshall cause he couldn't catch and attitude.... Gone
    Some thought Hillis was not feature back worthy (Im a bit guilty I LOVED the guy as a FB, never called for his head though, anyway....GONE
    Some hated Plumber.....Gone
    Some hated Cutler.....Gone
    Some hated Jarvis Moss.....Gone
    Some hated Alphonso Smith....Gone
    Some hated our DL for a decade....Gone
    Some hated Shanahan...Gone
    Some hated Nolan...Gone
    Some hated McD...Gone
    Some hated Scheffler....Gone
    and on and on.

Some of those players and coaches actually needed to go, some didn't. For those who hated, Does it matter if they needed to or not.

Search up a Jarvis Moss thread I started in the offseason. I'll edit a link. Prime example, I knew Moss was under performing. Did I call for His head. No I cheered him on to strive for better. Evey word I spoke (typed) gave the listener a sense of Moss isn't producing, asked why and encouraged him to step up. On the other side of the line are those who gave very logical, statistical info on why he SUCKS and needs to be CUT now. Well what do fans like me or you really know.

Quick to anger, miserable in thier daily life, miserable from mediocre or 1 losing season. These are not "BAD FANS" cause that word makes them feel unloyal or something...............................Two fans in the stands one yells come on guys reach deep down inside, give the horse an apple to make him move......on the other side of the isle...one yells you SUCK, you cant coach, play, WHIP THAT HORSE ,WHIP HIM he'll move it then.........Each are very loyal DIE hard Broncos nation FANS. Each are "GOOD FANS". They just have different methods of getting the horse to move.

Because of the negative fans, I feel like I have to stand gaurd in my tower and push your negativity away or throw water on it to get it to subside.....

IF ANY FAN thinks I am calling them "A BAD FAN" because I call you out on your negativity, fear not. I do not think you are a bad fan. If I see a horse being whiped to move. Im going to take that whip out your damn hands and give you an apple or get kicked off these boards trying!
    Giving an old mare that can't pull a wagon anymore an apple or whipping it half to death, isn't going to get the wagon pulled. Get a different horse.

Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• acpell671
    replied
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...02#post3311602

If anyone wants to view a "FAN" cheering on a player who many thoroughly hated. I cheered him on for the same reason others wanted him FIRED, off with his head. We both saw a player who was suppose to produce who wasn't. This dosn't make me a "GOOD FAN" or a "better fan", I just use the apple instead of the whip. To me negativity breeds a negative product. I really am totally ignorant to the philosophy of using the whip to make the horse move, I mean i just don't get how that works better then the apple.. Just something about it makes me think the apple is a better method of sheding light on a negative aspect, seems better then throwing insults. The problem with the proverbial Stuff hitting the fan is your gonna get some on your self.:thumb:
    Didn't realize you had a coaching position with the Broncos. Cool. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• tgn
    replied
    are you telling me this team is better than the team that he took over? the reason why he lost support from our fans is because of the direction this team is heading with him as a coach . we were 8-8 now w'ere 3-9

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The worst thing to come out of this year was the way some of our fans 'supported' the team.

Constantly on McD's back, booing him when he comes out of the tunnel at home, looking for ways to criticise every move.

He took over a pretty bad team, 8-8 was a false record to anyone who has a clue and had to REBUILD this team, he was maybe 50 pc through this, we brought in alot of young talent, had to play alot of them this year due to constant injurys, and they were starting to play well.

Yes it hasbeen a tough year but you HAVE to look at the big picture.

Moreno just ran for a buck 61, the OL is getting better and better, the receiving core, espeically Lloyd, are deep and solid with young guns like DT and Decker looking good.

The D is a problem but has talent in Cox, McBath, Sy'quad, Bruton and the LB core looks really good but has been injured all year.

DOOM, Ayers and DJ look very good, I thought we needed a big physical presence in the draft but it looks like McD found one, what a pick-up Joe Mays was.

The DL is poor but that can be addressed in the draft.

McD has less then 2 years, he was putting together this team but it was going to take time.

I have read some ppl here and in the media say stupid things like - 'The Broncos do not accept losing, they deserve better' ACCEPT WE ARE RE-BUILDING !

Some ppl think we only want to do things the Broncos way, 1 P/Off win in 12 years ?! Maybe thats not a good thing, are we really that shallow ?

Some ppl wanting kubiak if he gets FIRED from an average Texans team, are you KIDDING me ?!!

This team lack a DL and QB, He was bringing Tebow along.

McD will be a top coach and ppl will look back and wonder why we fired him, the reason will be that the fan base was moronic.

Joe Ellis said they accidently gave McD all the power, how does that accidently happen ?!

The team and some media ppl around the Broncos said McD was going to be special, we quit on him now ?!

Hey FO, Hire a damn GM and let the coach just coach, like McD was doing.

McD wished this Franchise nothing but the best in his statement, some ppl still want to hound him even now.

To McD -

Leave a comment:

• RockyMts69
    replied
    Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
    Amen, amen, amen.

I'd cp you...but I got too drunk celebrating mcd's firing and posted some colorful language....now I cant cp.

I still have perma grin from getting rid of the guy. Everytime I think about it I smile. Finally, denver has a chance to go in the right direction.
    You too eh? Ha ha!!! You know what they say...a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

And since I can't cp you either, I'll just you instead!

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Search up a Jarvis Moss thread I started in the offseason.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...02#post3311602

If anyone wants to view a "FAN" cheering on a player who many thoroughly hated. I cheered him on for the same reason others wanted him FIRED, off with his head. We both saw a player who was suppose to produce who wasn't. This dosn't make me a "GOOD FAN" or a "better fan", I just use the apple instead of the whip. To me negativity breeds a negative product. I really am totally ignorant to the philosophy of using the whip to make the horse move, I mean i just don't get how that works better then the apple.. Just something about it makes me think the apple is a better method of sheding light on a negative aspect, seems better then throwing insults. The problem with the proverbial Stuff hitting the fan is your gonna get some on your self.:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• watha?
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    I love how this line

Is directly followed by this line

hey d-bronx Stop acting like you know what would've happened lolololol
    read his post till you actually understand it, then you wont look so silly. That second line you quote was an example set by bronx42 on how things could easily be the opposite of what bronx2003 speculated.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    There is nothing left to be negative about, right?

Ok some peps hated every DC for a decade...... Gone
    Some hated Marshall cause he couldn't catch and attitude.... Gone
    Some thought Hillis was not feature back worthy (Im a bit guilty I LOVED the guy as a FB, never called for his head though, anyway....GONE
    Some hated Plumber.....Gone
    Some hated Cutler.....Gone
    Some hated Jarvis Moss.....Gone
    Some hated Alphonso Smith....Gone
    Some hated our DL for a decade....Gone
    Some hated Shanahan...Gone
    Some hated Nolan...Gone
    Some hated McD...Gone
    Some hated Scheffler....Gone
    and on and on.

Some of those players and coaches actually needed to go, some didn't. For those who hated, Does it matter if they needed to or not.

Search up a Jarvis Moss thread I started in the offseason. I'll edit a link. Prime example, I knew Moss was under performing. Did I call for His head. No I cheered him on to strive for better. Evey word I spoke (typed) gave the listener a sense of Moss isn't producing, asked why and encouraged him to step up. On the other side of the line are those who gave very logical, statistical info on why he SUCKS and needs to be CUT now. Well what do fans like me or you really know.

Quick to anger, miserable in thier daily life, miserable from mediocre or 1 losing season. These are not "BAD FANS" cause that word makes them feel unloyal or something...............................Two fans in the stands one yells come on guys reach deep down inside, give the horse an apple to make him move......on the other side of the isle...one yells you SUCK, you cant coach, play, WHIP THAT HORSE ,WHIP HIM he'll move it then.........Each are very loyal DIE hard Broncos nation FANS. Each are "GOOD FANS". They just have different methods of getting the horse to move.

Because of the negative fans, I feel like I have to stand gaurd in my tower and push your negativity away or throw water on it to get it to subside.....

IF ANY FAN thinks I am calling them "A BAD FAN" because I call you out on your negativity, fear not. I do not think you are a bad fan. If I see a horse being whiped to move. Im going to take that whip out your damn hands and give you an apple or get kicked off these boards trying!

Leave a comment:

• tpbronco
    replied
    I agree 100 percent with original post. The magority of this fan base has been a disgrace this season. How many games have been within one score? 5 of them thats hardley putting a pathetic product out on the field. Most fans just are pesimistic and cant handel the fact that there team had a lossing season for once in the past 12 years. You guys ran off a good head coach and now I can only hope the new coach and GM can pick up where Josh left off because we were not that far away from being a contender.

Leave a comment:

• thinkin101
    replied
    A night as joyous as that one is worth the consequences
    Got that right brother. I'll c.p. ya when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Pura Vida
    replied
    Originally posted by thinkin101 View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me.

We'll just c.p. each other after our suspension for one last celebration.
    A night as joyous as that one is worth the consequences

Leave a comment:

• Cahill
    replied
    Really? People are still sticking up for our former Head Coach? I needed a good laugh. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• thinkin101
    replied
    Amen, amen, amen.

I'd cp you...but I got too drunk celebrating mcd's firing and posted some colorful language....now I cant cp.I still have perma grin from getting rid of the guy. Everytime I think about it I smile. Finally, denver has a chance to go in the right direction.
    Exact same thing happened to me.

We'll just c.p. each other after our suspension for one last celebration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X