Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spy gate II, did anyone read about it, or just go by what others said

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spy gate II, did anyone read about it, or just go by what others said

    Anyone actually read what the NFL found or realize the timeline....

    Most of us just heard it and then listened to people yap on ESPN.....


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_788754.html



    October 30th, Taping occoured
    October 31st Game in London
    October 1 st Coaches and Team dismissed for a week (buy week)
    November 8th (Monday) (first day back from week off), Team exectutives were notified that the taping occourd, and was deleted.

    November 12 Broncos executives notified the NFL (four days later)......

    Quotes form the huffington post article.....


    ...Ellis said the Broncos promptly notified the NFL after their executives learned of the violation. He declined to reveal how they became aware....

    ...The NFL determined Broncos executives were told about the videotaping Nov. 8, and told the league about it four days later after an internal review.....

    ....In addition, the investigation found that when Scarnecchia offered to show the tape to McDaniels, the coach replied, "No, I'm not doing that." Scarnecchia said he didn't show the tape to any other staff member.

    Goodell's letter to Bowlen said that McDaniels was interviewed "under circumstances that would have made it impossible for him to have spoken to Mr. Scarnecchia in advance" and that McDaniels' recollection of events matched Scarnecchia's.
    the nfl's definition of "promptly", means McD should not have waited until the first day of meetings after the bye week

    however Denver execs then sat on the information 4 more working days before reporting it.

    The NFL found fault in the one individual, and NOT REPORTING IT PROMPTLY.....


    Go ahead and let me know what you put off until you get back from vacation, and will deal with it then......


    I'm not saying it shouldn't have been punished, but what i am saying is that it wasn't near as signifigant as it's being portrayed....

    Ellis said it wasn't fireable, because the NFL said that proper action was taken, it just wasn't reported in time.....

    Ellis also denied expanding on how they became aware because the next logical quesiton would have been, why did it take you 4 days to report it, after being told.....



    McD stated he wasn't going go go on a "ghost" hunt to figure out what happened, because it was his boss/the chain of command that helped delay the reporting. It's not going to benifit him to out Ellis...

  • #2
    McDaniels was just trying to save his friends job while attempting to avoid a giant scandal by sweeping this under the rug. A lot of people would have done the same thing.

    It would have never happened had Ellis not ratted him out to the NFL. I'm starting to think wormtongue had it out for McD from byebye cutler day. It's obvious, to me, that Ellis got the news, thought about it for a while, and decided to get McD in Bowlen's doghouse for good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      McDaniels was just trying to save his friends job while attempting to avoid a giant scandal by sweeping this under the rug. A lot of people would have done the same thing.

      It would have never happened had Ellis not ratted him out to the NFL. I'm starting to think wormtongue had it out for McD from byebye cutler day.
      Joe Ellis will be the downfall of this franchise.

      Almost everything negative that has happened in the last few years can be directly attributed to him.

      And I don't see any reason for it to get better.

      The sooner he is fired, the sooner the Broncos can start winning.

      Comment


      • #4
        So with the old target of our disdain gone, Ellis appears to be the leading candidate for the new bad guy in town.

        Just an observation. I neither agree nor disagree with the sentiments you guys are expressing. I just think it's an interesting nuance of human behavior that in the past, we were fine without a bad guy but lately we've seemed to need one - at least one - all the time.

        And when there isn't one, we seem to pick someone randomly and ready the pitchforks.

        That's not to say I heart me some Ellis. He hasn't exactly wowed me lately. Just an observation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by owninit View Post
          Anyone actually read what the NFL found or realize the timeline....

          Most of us just heard it and then listened to people yap on ESPN.....


          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_788754.html



          October 30th, Taping occoured
          October 31st Game in London
          October 1 st Coaches and Team dismissed for a week (buy week)
          November 8th (Monday) (first day back from week off), Team exectutives were notified that the taping occourd, and was deleted.

          November 12 Broncos executives notified the NFL (four days later)......

          Quotes form the huffington post article.....



          the nfl's definition of "promptly", means McD should not have waited until the first day of meetings after the bye week

          however Denver execs then sat on the information 4 more working days before reporting it.

          The NFL found fault in the one individual, and NOT REPORTING IT PROMPTLY.....


          Go ahead and let me know what you put off until you get back from vacation, and will deal with it then......


          I'm not saying it shouldn't have been punished, but what i am saying is that it wasn't near as signifigant as it's being portrayed....

          Ellis said it wasn't fireable, because the NFL said that proper action was taken, it just wasn't reported in time.....

          Ellis also denied expanding on how they became aware because the next logical quesiton would have been, why did it take you 4 days to report it, after being told.....



          McD stated he wasn't going go go on a "ghost" hunt to figure out what happened, because it was his boss/the chain of command that helped delay the reporting. It's not going to benifit him to out Ellis...

          Actually the full NFL report stated the Team was fined for the occurrence and that they were not fined more because they took immediate action by starting their own internal investigation, they cooperated FULLY with the NFL's own investigation and the NFL determined that this was one time incident. Conversely the NFL fined Josh because HE did not report it to his supervisor immediately.

          One of the reports I read stated that the team was approached by 2 coaches about it which coincidentally occurred after Josh called all of his coaches in front of Bowlen and undressed them after the Raiders loss.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            So with the old target of our disdain gone, Ellis appears to be the leading candidate for the new bad guy in town.

            Just an observation. I neither agree nor disagree with the sentiments you guys are expressing. I just think it's an interesting nuance of human behavior that in the past, we were fine without a bad guy but lately we've seemed to need one - at least one - all the time.

            And when there isn't one, we seem to pick someone randomly and ready the pitchforks.

            That's not to say I heart me some Ellis. He hasn't exactly wowed me lately. Just an observation.
            I've said it a few times in the past.

            With the current front office set up, this franchise is going no where.

            And Ellis is to blame for that set up.

            The guy has no idea how to run a football team.

            And to top it all, he comes out in a press conference admitting a large reason for Josh's failure was the amount of work they unfairly burdened upon him and then says he thinks he'll be a terrific head coach one day.

            I have no faith in Ellis hiring a suitable candidate, nor do I have faith in him hiring a competent GM, just like he failed to do when Josh was hired.

            Bowlen is Ellis' puppet, and the sooner Bowlen cuts those strings, the better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Can we look at the big picture here... first, sorry, the "Ignorance" defense doesnt work for me. Its his flipping job to know and whats more HE HIRED THE CLOWN. And hired him knowing he did the same thing, albeit with the coaches blessing, in NE. Apparently his coaches and administrators are running around do whatever they when, whenever they want. That would indicate a certain lack of leadership in my humble opinion... or least oversight.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                One of the reports I read stated that the team was approached by 2 coaches about it which coincidentally occurred after Josh called all of his coaches in front of Bowlen and undressed them after the Raiders loss.
                That's odd i spend a whole lot of time reading and have never heard anything close to your raider story, or are you just making it up to sound cool.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                  So with the old target of our disdain gone, Ellis appears to be the leading candidate for the new bad guy in town.
                  You noticed that too?

                  I pointed out yesterday that it's ironic that hatred for Ellis seems to be uniting McDaniels' critics and supporters, despite the fact that Ellis was an intricate part in McDaniels' hiring and firing, I'm sure.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    So with the old target of our disdain gone, Ellis appears to be the leading candidate for the new bad guy in town.

                    Just an observation. I neither agree nor disagree with the sentiments you guys are expressing. I just think it's an interesting nuance of human behavior that in the past, we were fine without a bad guy but lately we've seemed to need one - at least one - all the time.

                    And when there isn't one, we seem to pick someone randomly and ready the pitchforks.

                    That's not to say I heart me some Ellis. He hasn't exactly wowed me lately. Just an observation.
                    OOooo OOOOoooo *raises hand*

                    Mr. Alastor sir....can my bad guy be Al Davis????



                    I really don't NEED any more reason to hate him...but I could think some up if pressed
                    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      BTW, it's not that McDaniels didn't report it in time. It's that he NEVER reported it. Ellis and Bowlen found out from someone else.

                      This has been confirmed by Adam Schefter, Woody Paige, and Joe Glazer.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We don't cheat in Denver...or tolerate it. PERIOD!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sharp_shepherd View Post
                          We don't cheat in Denver...or tolerate it. PERIOD!!!
                          I award you 10 bazillion internets...



                          for saying EXACTLY what I was thinking
                          Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            You noticed that too?

                            I pointed out yesterday that it's ironic that hatred for Ellis seems to be uniting McDaniels' critics and supporters, despite the fact that Ellis was an intricate part in McDaniels' hiring and firing, I'm sure.
                            It's hard not to notice.

                            Originally posted by Hippie Guy View Post
                            OOooo OOOOoooo *raises hand*

                            Mr. Alastor sir....can my bad guy be Al Davis????
                            'Fraid not. He's mine. I will get his nachos before I die. If I have to buy a ticket to Oakland and sneak in the kitchen to do it myself... I will have those nachos.

                            I will.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alastor View Post

                              'Fraid not. He's mine. I will get his nachos before I die. If I have to buy a ticket to Oakland and sneak in the kitchen to do it myself... I will have those nachos.

                              I will.


                              race ya !!!!
                              Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X