You better expect a losing season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You better expect a losing season

I'm thoroughly embarrassed about how a majority of the fan base acted towards McDaniels. They could not accept the fact that we are REBUILDING and one or two losing seasons were to follow.

We will hire a new head coach in the next month or so and everything will start over. We WILL have a losing season, maybe even two. But we are and were a bad football team. We are and were in a rebuilding phase. THe rebuilding that was started has now been demolished so the team in now left to start all over.

So, all those fans that ignorantly called for the coaches head, i hope you're able to stomach what will come next, because we're in for quite a few losses in the next year or two. 'Tis the nature of the game. Poor teams generally need a period of rebuilding in order to again become good.

Our rebuilding phase was masked by those early 6 wins, and that spoiled the fans. The fans then began to loathe every decision McDaniels made, just for the sake of him being the one who made said decision. Foolhardy by all means...

Well, getting to the point, I hope you are able to accept this period of rebuilding, i know i am. I was ready to go through it with McDaniels, I am ready to go through it with the next coach. I just hope our fans learn the NFL and don't clamour for the coaches head when he is barely into the job... that is, unless these "Fans" want us to become just like the raiders...

Once again a revision of history. McDaniels was NOT hired to rebuild. There was no expectation of how badly his team would wind up performing after the 6-0 aberration.
    We do now have some rebuilding to do because of McDaniels and while I do not expect a total, immediate turn around next year, I would expect a better year then this year if no other way then to see the team come out prepared and fighting each week.
    SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingJack View Post
      Once again a revision of history. McDaniels was NOT hired to rebuild. There was no expectation of how badly his team would wind up performing after the 6-0 aberration.
      We do now have some rebuilding to do because of McDaniels and while I do not expect a total, immediate turn around next year, I would expect a better year then this year if no other way then to see the team come out prepared and fighting each week.
      Just because they never said we were rebuilding doesnt mean we werent doing it. New Defense scheme, players to fill that scheme, draft players for that scheme, New Offensive line scheme, players to fill that scheme, draft players for the scheme, what does that sound like to you? Sounds like rebuilding to me. Yeah we got off to a 6-0 start, a little luck and some great scheming. Unfortunately for us and Josh McDaniels, our luck ran out and people began to figure out the scheme and we were forced to use the Talent we had. The defense is atrociously bad and if it takes a new defensive coord to come in here and teach millionaire athletes how to not over pursue and how to tackle, we have bigger issues that I thought.

Comment

We didn't have to rebuild, We had a tremendous young offense. Our D was god awful and all McD had to do was fix it. Instead he ignored the D and dismantled the offense.

McD didnt have to blow up the team, he just chose to.
        sigpic

Comment

We were only rebuilding because McD tore down the fortress.

Comment

I am prepared and Ok with rebuilding, If we have a losing season next year or 2 it will not be a big deal as long as we are improving. Rather than getting worse, like we were under McDaniels...
            sigpic

Comment

We were not rebuilding, we were deconstructing.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                I'm thoroughly embarrassed about how a majority of the fan base acted towards McDaniels. They could not accept the fact that we are REBUILDING and one or two losing seasons were to follow.

We will hire a new head coach in the next month or so and everything will start over. We WILL have a losing season, maybe even two. But we are and were a bad football team. We are and were in a rebuilding phase. THe rebuilding that was started has now been demolished so the team in now left to start all over.

So, all those fans that ignorantly called for the coaches head, i hope you're able to stomach what will come next, because we're in for quite a few losses in the next year or two. 'Tis the nature of the game. Poor teams generally need a period of rebuilding in order to again become good.

Our rebuilding phase was masked by those early 6 wins, and that spoiled the fans. The fans then began to loathe every decision McDaniels made, just for the sake of him being the one who made said decision. Foolhardy by all means...

Well, getting to the point, I hope you are able to accept this period of rebuilding, i know i am. I was ready to go through it with McDaniels, I am ready to go through it with the next coach. I just hope our fans learn the NFL and don't clamour for the coaches head when he is barely into the job... that is, unless these "Fans" want us to become just like the raiders...
                I generally agree. I think all Head Coaches should have the standard 3 years to get their team together. I would have given him next year with another Offseason of Free Agency and a New Draft to put his team together.

now we are rebuilding because McDaniels brought in His Players which are not going to necessarily be the new coaches ideal players.

Comment

PapaPwn,

Although certain history supports that we will continue to have to rebuild, I am not convinced that it means a couple of seasons of poor performances.

The foundation is there on offense, but the defense still needs an overhaul. A strong draft that fixes the front 7 could do wonders......

....but then again, all of it really hinges on what the new FO and HC do.
                  My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by Incomplete84 View Post
                    Yeah we got off to a 6-0 start, a little luck and some great scheming. Unfortunately for us and Josh McDaniels, our luck ran out and people began to figure out the scheme and we were forced to use the Talent we had.
                    so when the team got off to a 6-0 start, you still had it in the back of your head that "oh, this is not gonna last...because we're REALLY rebuilding...this is just fool's gold...san diego is going to overtake us eventually..."??

you didnt even entertain the idea of playoffs??? you didnt entertain the idea of mcdaniels being such a genius that he ran the "franchise" QB out of town and replaced with a widely-known mediocre QB, and still got off to a great start??? you werent amazed how the defense had such a turnaround in a short period of time that you may have thought, all the problems of this team (offense, defense) were all cured by mcd and his staff in a short period, and will get the team to playoffs???

sure...

Comment

I agree with the OP.

When we have an 8-8 team and you bring in a completely different philosophy, you are rebuilding.

I won't be suprised if we live to regret our lack of patience.
                      sigpic
                      In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

Shanny managed to go 8-8 while rebuilding.

Comment

I'm thoroughly embarrassed about how McDaniels acted towards a majority of the fan base.

GOOD RIDDANCE

Comment

Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
                            PapaPwn,

Although certain history supports that we will continue to have to rebuild, I am not convinced that it means a couple of seasons of poor performances.

The foundation is there on offense, but the defense still needs an overhaul. A strong draft that fixes the front 7 could do wonders......

....but then again, all of it really hinges on what the new FO and HC do.
                            I agree I think a draft that addresses only defence and maybe one olinemen and a switch to tebow we will b a playoff team next yr

Comment

I do wish we could get josh back as OC/QB coach

Comment

Working...
                              X