X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator backing Plummer's decision

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1901039

Hopefully this will help!!!

I always liked McCain. He seems like more of a class act guy than most of the politicians in office.

Comment

Thats good to hear.. If the NFL were to change their minds I think they need to make it clear that it is only for this reason. Because it would be horrible if other players started putting whatever sticker they want on their helmets.

www.avalancheboard.com/wbb2

Comment

Totally agree...

but if you let Jake get away with this...wouldn't that mean you have to let other player put things on their arm or jersey..etc?

That's what the NFL is trying to prevent here.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
          ...but if you let Jake get away with this...wouldn't that mean you have to let other player put things on their arm or jersey..etc?

That's what the NFL is trying to prevent here.
          Not really, this is why. The NFL has already made this a special case by having every player in the league wear the sticker in week 2. Heck, they printed and distributed the stickers. All they have to do is extend their own exception from one week to the whole season.

Billy
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

"If you let Jake get away with this..."? I mean no disrespect so I hope you understand that I'm not arguing with you. I don't see that Plummer is getting away with anything. This is, in my opinion, just a bush league move by the NFL. What are these guys thinking??? Fining a guy for wearing a sticker with Pat Tillman's number? Great PR move guys. Oh yeah, these are the same guys who are nailing Jamal Lewis with a big two suspension for drug trafficking. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by StonedPony
              ...Great PR move guys. Oh yeah, these are the same guys who are nailing Jamal Lewis with a big two suspension for drug trafficking. What a joke.
              Two games for drug trafficing, but they give people 4 games for testing positive to ephedra, which isn't much more potent then caffeine, in regards to enhancing performane, not safety.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I love how Mike Anderson gets suspended for what, 4 games for smoking pot (which almost half the country thinks should be legal anyway), and it is NOT EVEN ILLEGAL TO SMOKE POT. (It is illegal to possess or distribute it). Jamal Lewis commits a FELONY and he gets a two game suspension?

The NFL loves it's Poster-Boys.

Comment

Working...
                X