Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Lloyd the fastest reciever in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Lloyd the fastest reciever in the league?

I think desean and Mike Wallace might be faster but heres an in interesting article that says otherwise. I hope Lloyd can keep playin like this without orton next year http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-293467

Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
    I think desean and Mike Wallace might be faster but heres an in interesting article that says otherwise. I hope Lloyd can keep playin like this without orton next year http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-293467
    I hope Lloyd can keep playing at a high level whether he is here or anywhere else. Same with Orton.

Comment

Fastest, no. Most acrobatic, hell yea.

I think if Gumby were a person he would be Brandon Lloyd. Dude can contort himself in midair to make a play on the ball like no one I have ever seen. It's a thing of beauty.
      sigpic

NC's Biggest Bronco Fan!

Adopted Bronco: Nate Irving #56

Comment

I'm inclined to give that honor to none other than Percy harvin. Although I may have a bias since I played against him in high school, the guy is stupid fast and now he's strong. He was enough for our district with just speed. I couldn't imagine have to deal with his strength too.

Comment

Not certain I like the metric. If a guy just doesnt catch a lot of deep balls, his air yards will be way down.

Lloyd definitley has the best body control in the league right now. Always able to contort to make a catch.
          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Speed isnt really the most important thing to be a successful receiver but Wallace is leading the league in Yards per reception and Yards per target, so he is obviously an elite play maker this year.

Collie has quietly become the leading possession receiver over welker this year which i find impressive.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
              Lloyd isn't even close knox hester desean, he's not even the fastest on the broncos royal is faster than him

Comment

Funny. japfaff considers him to be very slow.

Can't be a deep threat without some semblance of speed.

sigpic

Comment

Brandon Lloyd isn't the fastest receiver in the league.

Comment

Check out that Ford guy on the Raiders also.

The Broncos run a good play action, and Lloyd plays a great fake.

No where near the fastest receiver in the NFL.

Good to know Yahoo are still unable to write a decent sports article.

Comment

Originally posted by england4broncos View Post
                      Check out that Ford guy on the Raiders also.

The Broncos run a good play action, and Lloyd plays a great fake.

No where near the fastest receiver in the NFL.

Good to know Yahoo are still unable to write a decent sports article.
                      The problem is theyve created a metric that really doesnt measure speed at all. Id almost say this is a better metric for measuring how well a QB and receiver work together on a long ball.
                      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky B View Post
                        Fastest, no. Most acrobatic, hell yea.

I think if Gumby were a person he would be Brandon Lloyd. Dude can contort himself in midair to make a play on the ball like no one I have ever seen. It's a thing of beauty.
                        Agreed

Randy Moss is an example of someone getting deep yards because of speed

Lloyd is an example of someone getting deep yards because of confidence, hands and physical ability to get to a ball in the air.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

At least a dozen guys in the league faster than Lloyd without question.

These guys tried to calculate a number of things into a formula to determine speed...problem is...all but one of their criteria don't have anything at all to do with speed.

Epic rediculous fail.

Comment

facts

Originally posted by Tebow15Time View Post
                            I'm inclined to give that honor to none other than Percy harvin. Although I may have a bias since I played against him in high school, the guy is stupid fast and now he's strong. He was enough for our district with just speed. I couldn't imagine have to deal with his strength too.
                            Eddie Royal is both faster and stronger than Percy Harvin.

See; NFL Combine stats.

Eddie Royal - 4.39 40yd dash. 24 reps of 225.

Percy Harvin - 4.41 40 yard dash. 19 reps of 225.

Also, if you think Brandon Lloyd is faster than Eddie Royal, you need to lose weight and get ahold of your life. I guarantee I am faster than Brandon Lloyd. Brandon Lloyd just has ridiculous balance and body control and big hands. He's also strong for such a wiry guy. I've met him and he's strong like old man doesn't know his own strength strong. That's why he makes those crazy catches. I can't explain the breakout season, but expect a holdout if his contract isn't re-done. He's not playing next season for $1 million.. He's gonna be 30, and looking for the big deal.

Comment

There is now way Lloyd is the fastest, he gets caught from behind all the time. If McDumbass hadn't had our round one pic returning kicks, we may have been able to see how fast DT really is. His low 40 time was a 4.39, but I believe that to be a little high. I think I heard that he could run somewhere around a 4.30 40. That is stupid fast and he is huge. If he can stay healthy, Marshall who? haha

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X