Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Lloyd the fastest reciever in the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JrtheFreak
    replied
    Lloyd isn't sub 4.3... so no.. he's isn't the fastest.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Dre
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The author isn't talking about 40 times, there's other ways to measure speed and that's the whole purpose of this silly article.
    But he just isn't faster than them...

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Dre View Post
    Jacoby Ford, Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace...

No.
    The author isn't talking about 40 times, there's other ways to measure speed and that's the whole purpose of this silly article.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Dre
    replied
    Jacoby Ford, Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace...

No.

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    IMO llyod is way closer to the slowest... Look at his deep passes... he is rarely past the defender, and is always covered... He just can get to the ball better than the defender... what he is doing has nothing to do with speed
    Lloyd, Orton, McD was a really good mixture much like an engine needs the right mixture. I just hope he still produces horse power if the mixture is changed a bit. I do like the guy but am waitring to commit to him being a Great reciever. He has been good in past years with just Orton and is borderline Great this season. Lets see if he can keep it up, get ya some Lloyd.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    IMO llyod is way closer to the slowest... Look at his deep passes... he is rarely past the defender, and is always covered... He just can get to the ball better than the defender... what he is doing has nothing to do with speed

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Here in west PA i end up watching the early est game and let me tell you Mike Wallace is freaking fast. This one long touchdown he hit a gear rarely seen...... I yelled out look at him go, look at his legs, he looks like a cartoon running so fast his legs look like WHEELS, everyone was like WOW. Wallace is fast, IDK the offical timed dashes but on the filed with pads on, Wallace is freakishly fast.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Rob
    replied
    having seen them in person last weekend I can say that Royal is faster than Lloyd and I'm certain Demaryius is as well (although I didn't get to see him). Llyod catches most of his long balls on double moves as opposed to outrunning the defense.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Brandon ran a 4.62 40 yd dash... not very fast for WR standards.

Eddie Royal ran a 4.39 which is significantly faster. Gamespeed might be different, but not that much. Just out of curiosity here is the most credible 40 yd dash times I could find for all of our receivers in order from fastest to slowest.

Royal- 4.39
    Thomas- 4.52
    Gaffney- 4.53
    Decker- 4.54
    Lloyd- 4.62

LOL, Lloyd is actually the slowest WR on our roster... note to self, never listen to anything that guy writes.

Leave a comment:

• themadfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    fastest reciever? he isnt even the fastest on the team!
    Its funny he was souped about the article and posted it on his twitter

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Nah... probably not even top 10.

If I had to guess I'd say either DeSean Jackson or Devin Hester.

Leave a comment:

• broncos1997
    replied
    ??? this is a pretty bad measurement of speed. its pretty much yards per catch minus yards after catch, neither of which are great indicators of speed in the first place. true, speed helps alot in making a receiver a deep threat, but you if you can run 40 yards in anything less than 10 seconds, you should be able to get 16 yards downfield in the time a QB has to throw. obviously thats a gross exageration, but you get the point. brandon lloyd might be the slowest WR on our after decker and MAYBE gaffney.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco#6
    replied
    I just think this system creates a way to show how B.Lloyd sees the ball in the air and runs under it like wallace and desean he might not be so fast after catching the ball but he can get under it.

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    fastest reciever? he isnt even the fastest on the team!

Leave a comment:

• Brakshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
    I think desean and Mike Wallace might be faster but heres an in interesting article that says otherwise. I hope Lloyd can keep playin like this without orton next year http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-293467
    I didn't realize he was so blazin! Good stuff, hope we keep him for the rest of his career at least. He was a great acquisition

Leave a comment:

Working...
X