Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCoy says he'll change play calling but system wont change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Interim head coach Eric Studesville said today that he's giving defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale complete control over the team's defense, along with the rest of the defensive assistants.

    "My role with Wink is going to be there to listen and support him," Studesville said. "We've got great football coaches there. I'm going to let them coach."

    ^^^ This is what makes me hopeful after Mcdaniels getting the boot.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by sb306 View Post
      Interim head coach Eric Studesville said today that he's giving defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale complete control over the team's defense, along with the rest of the defensive assistants.

      "My role with Wink is going to be there to listen and support him," Studesville said. "We've got great football coaches there. I'm going to let them coach."

      ^^^ This is what makes me hopeful after Mcdaniels getting the boot.
      That is a head coaches job, hire the right people.

      All management works this way, want to be a successful leader, hire people who can do the job better than you can.

      R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

      Comment


      • #33
        He actually was in training camp for the broncos

        Originally posted by Hippie Guy View Post
        Judging by this wiki....he wasn't....someone goofed writing that article.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mc...tball_coach%29
        If you follow this link he was actually at a training camp for the Broncos. So the article is indeed correct.

        Link: http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/co...a-f19dc6731bce

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Montanafan View Post
          I take the same approach to the new coach as I did to the last coach. Won't judge till we see what they can do. I gave McD the benefit of the doubt until a certain game we played against the Raiders. He was dead to me after that game.
          Was McD some kind of super micro-manager? If so, then maybe a HC that gives his assistants more responsibility and input into the game plans and play calling is a positive.

          I know nothing about the new guy. So, he's on a 4 game audition with this fan, too. A sack of horse manure would do better than what we had.
          Totally and completely took the words outta my mouth !!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            IIRC Josh was not calling the defense plays in.

            Which means wink or someone on the defense was doing it. Of the games I saw Josh spent time talking to Orton, oline and pacing on the sideline.

            So not sure how Y'all are thinking anything was different now.

            I suspect that Josh helped with the game plan. Got to remember that in some of those games we shut down super RBs.

            It might also mean that he does not have a clue about the defense. Or its playbook.

            Or might be hanging wink out to dry.

            Just saying it might have other meanings.

            I know that everyone thinks Josh should hire folks and allow them to do their thing.

            Good managers keep a close eye on NEW supervisors or inexprienced managers. I know I did for the last 40 years of being a manager/owner.

            Not everyone newly promoted is ready to run before they walk.

            There is a huge difference in dealing with 6-8 LBs, coaching that group and coaching, planning, evaluating the entire group of defensive players. Add to that game planning and calling plays in.

            That is all. Carry on.

            Comment


            • #36
              Time to cool the hate, and move on.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
                If you follow this link he was actually at a training camp for the Broncos. So the article is indeed correct.

                Link: http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/co...a-f19dc6731bce
                OK...you are correct....thank you for the info.


                I honestly don't remember that '95 was a long time ago.



                cp to you for the link.
                Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by JRWIZ View Post
                  IIRC Josh was not calling the defense plays in.

                  Which means wink or someone on the defense was doing it. Of the games I saw Josh spent time talking to Orton, oline and pacing on the sideline.

                  So not sure how Y'all are thinking anything was different now.

                  I suspect that Josh helped with the game plan. Got to remember that in some of those games we shut down super RBs.

                  It might also mean that he does not have a clue about the defense. Or its playbook.

                  Or might be hanging wink out to dry.

                  Just saying it might have other meanings.

                  I know that everyone thinks Josh should hire folks and allow them to do their thing.

                  Good managers keep a close eye on NEW supervisors or inexprienced managers. I know I did for the last 40 years of being a manager/owner.

                  Not everyone newly promoted is ready to run before they walk.

                  There is a huge difference in dealing with 6-8 LBs, coaching that group and coaching, planning, evaluating the entire group of defensive players. Add to that game planning and calling plays in.

                  That is all. Carry on.


                  People see that line about letting wink run the defnes, and get what they wan't out of it....

                  Anyone who thinks McD was the cancer, thinks it was because McD was dictating the defnese.....

                  Anyone who's ever managed people, would probably look at the situation and say.....

                  Wink was promoted to be a first time DC, from LB coach

                  Ed Donnatell, long time wealth of knowledge, DC many years...
                  Nunley, long time wealth of knowledge, D-Line coach many years.....

                  There was probably an emphasis on getting all three of those intrinsic minds togeather to formulate a gameplan...

                  As the losses and lack of production continue, each of them has what they think to be wrong, and want's it done their way, tensions can arise....

                  A managing head coach says.....I trust you guys have the brains to work this out......


                  After he's fired, the interm guy says you know what, we only have 4 games left, we're all gone this year, and if wink is going to audition for a job elsewhere, this needs to be his defense, and right or wrong there shall be no more comprimise, he's smart, and while won't nessicarely do it the way others would it's his chance to auditon for other teams......

                  There's no "fixing it" or "building it for next year" to worry about, take the reigns and prove you want hired as a DC somewhere else....


                  McD had enough to do to try to help the offense iron out wrinkles, i seroiously doubt that he was insistant on game planning, in winks ass all day every day, and then did nothing but talk to orton and the offensive coaches all game............

                  Had he been micro managing wink, he would have been at least talking to wink while the defense was giving up 80yd drives against StL.



                  But then agian lets not try to put any realistic thought into finding something to hate....
                  Last edited by owninit; 12-10-2010, 08:46 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by owninit View Post
                    People see that line about letting wink run the defnes, and get what they wan't out of it....

                    Anyone who thinks McD was the cancer, thinks it was because McD was dictating the defnese.....

                    Anyone who's ever managed people, would probably look at the situation and say.....

                    Wink was promoted to be a first time DC, from LB coach

                    Ed Donnatell, long time wealth of knowledge, DC many years...
                    Nunley, long time wealth of knowledge, D-Line coach many years.....

                    There was probably an emphasis on getting all three of those intrinsic minds togeather to formulate a gameplan...

                    As the losses and lack of production continue, each of them has what they think to be wrong, and want's it done their way, tensions can arise....

                    A managing head coach says.....I trust you guys have the brains to work this out......


                    After he's fired, the interm guy says you know what, we only have 4 games left, we're all gone this year, and if wink is going to audition for a job elsewhere, this needs to be his defense, and right or wrong there shall be no more comprimise, he's smart, and while won't nessicarely do it the way others would it's his chance to auditon for other teams......

                    There's no "fixing it" or "building it for next year" to worry about, take the reigns and prove you want hired as a DC somewhere else....


                    McD had enough to do to try to help the offense iron out wrinkles, i seroiously doubt that he was insistant on game planning, in winks ass all day every day, and then did nothing but talk to orton and the offensive coaches all game............

                    Had he been micro managing wink, he would have been at least talking to wink while the defense was giving up 80yd drives against StL.



                    But then agian lets not try to put any realistic thought into finding something to hate....
                    No actually he was that much of a micro manager, the reason Nolan left was because McD wanted call the plays of the defense more. He did not like Nolan's blitzing philosophy. That was part of the problem, he was a control freak who could not manage all the control he had.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I hope Cam goes away from the sideways passes that get us 1 yard! Let's go down the field.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                        No actually he was that much of a micro manager, the reason Nolan left was because McD wanted call the plays of the defense more. He did not like Nolan's blitzing philosophy. That was part of the problem, he was a control freak who could not manage all the control he had.

                        Oh that's the reason......


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by owninit View Post
                          People see that line about letting wink run the defnes, and get what they wan't out of it....

                          Anyone who thinks McD was the cancer, thinks it was because McD was dictating the defnese.....

                          Anyone who's ever managed people, would probably look at the situation and say.....

                          Wink was promoted to be a first time DC, from LB coach

                          Ed Donnatell, long time wealth of knowledge, DC many years...
                          Nunley, long time wealth of knowledge, D-Line coach many years.....

                          There was probably an emphasis on getting all three of those intrinsic minds togeather to formulate a gameplan...

                          As the losses and lack of production continue, each of them has what they think to be wrong, and want's it done their way, tensions can arise....

                          A managing head coach says.....I trust you guys have the brains to work this out......


                          After he's fired, the interm guy says you know what, we only have 4 games left, we're all gone this year, and if wink is going to audition for a job elsewhere, this needs to be his defense, and right or wrong there shall be no more comprimise, he's smart, and while won't nessicarely do it the way others would it's his chance to auditon for other teams......

                          There's no "fixing it" or "building it for next year" to worry about, take the reigns and prove you want hired as a DC somewhere else....


                          McD had enough to do to try to help the offense iron out wrinkles, i seroiously doubt that he was insistant on game planning, in winks ass all day every day, and then did nothing but talk to orton and the offensive coaches all game............

                          Had he been micro managing wink, he would have been at least talking to wink while the defense was giving up 80yd drives against StL.



                          But then agian lets not try to put any realistic thought into finding something to hate....
                          As I said in the games I saw I did not see him actively calling the D calls nor did I see him in Winks face on the sideline.

                          If he was then pardon me all to hell.

                          I would think that wink being a new DC with all of the uber experienced position coaches just may have welcomed hearing from his boss or using him as a springboard for ideas.

                          Afterall a offensive guru should be able to game plan against the defense to show Wink the weak spots.

                          As for him being a micro manager, almost every successful mid to upper level manager is to some degree.

                          They lay out how things/policies should work and then monitor the progress on how things are being implemented. Those are facts of life.

                          IIRC nolans beef was he thought he should never be questioned by his boss forgetting that he was fired and no longer the HC.

                          Whenever my boss ca$e to me and gave me directions, if I had questions about them I would talk about them at the time and while being overuled on occassion did my damndest to carry it out.

                          When I became the man and my boss was 400 miles away I made sure my ideas were carried out. Sometimes that meant setting in on meetings that my managers had with employees. Just to make sure things were being done correctly. It also had a way of letting the employees know that I was behind my manager.
                          As I was more comfortable with their growth in their jobs less face time I had with them.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by JRWIZ View Post
                            As I said in the games I saw I did not see him actively calling the D calls nor did I see him in Winks face on the sideline.

                            If he was then pardon me all to hell.
                            Dude i was agreeing with you.....


                            Deep breaths.....

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X