Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissin' the Broncos?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dissin' the Broncos?

    I noticed through the past year that on ESPN NFL live or Sportscenter when they have people to rant about the teams somebody usually stands out. Sean Salisbury always has a bad comment bout DEN . He says they can't make the playoffs, The Portis deal screwed them, or the cheifs could resurrect and win the West!!%^$%^

    If you agree or disagree write to this article>
    “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
    “How bad are they???”
    “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
    Team”

    04 plummer4presdnt 139
    10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

    4th in Bronco pick'em

  • #2
    I think that the guys is a dumbass for saying that the Cheifs have a chance at winning the West...

    Comment


    • #3
      Let them keep the Broncos on the low...if the Broncos go 6-1.....they'll start talking. Trust me...ESPN is the most self-serving channel on earth.


      Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

      2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

      Comment


      • #4
        Ahh, if we win a few more games- we will start getting recognition. The truth is, we havent done much the past few years. But we always have a good team put together. Last year and a few years ago we made it to the playoffs- choked in the first round. I feel that if we get into the playoffs this year(which we will- I think), we can get the W. And if we can get that confidence and momentum and get a win in a playoff game, I feel that it can help us out to go on to the superbowl- the hardest part of the game of football is winning though.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Dissin' the Broncos?

          Originally posted by plummer4presdnt
          I noticed through the past year that on ESPN NFL live or Sportscenter when they have people to rant about the teams somebody usually stands out. Sean Salisbury always has a bad comment bout DEN . He says they can't make the playoffs, The Portis deal screwed them, or the cheifs could resurrect and win the West!!%^$%^

          If you agree or disagree write to this article>
          Don't pay attention to Salisbury steak. He is NOTORIOUS for being a Bronco-hater. He also said the Chiefs will end New England's streak in week 11.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here's my grip about this. All I'm asking is get a little face time on this shows. I mean we are 4-1 and we get less face time than fricken 1-4 Washington. WTF is that all about. Hey, I'm not say that our 4-1 record is the strongest, but when 0-4 miami and 0-3 buffolo get more air play than us and I have to wait til 10 at night to watch some local spit and glue put together show while 1-4 tampa gets the nice ESPN treatment. Thats not fair.




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by UltimateSoldier
              Here's my grip about this. All I'm asking is get a little face time on this shows. I mean we are 4-1 and we get less face time than fricken 1-4 Washington. WTF is that all about. Hey, I'm not say that our 4-1 record is the strongest, but when 0-4 miami and 0-3 buffolo get more air play than us and I have to wait til 10 at night to watch some local spit and glue put together show while 1-4 tampa gets the nice ESPN treatment. Thats not fair.
              Yeah I know what you mean, the word Droughns was not uttered on Sunday night's Sportscenter.

              Comment


              • #8
                Salisbury never has anything good to say, but I heard Chris Mortensen say how they (espn broadcasters) may have been wrong about who got the best of the champ-portis trade. He mentioned how we were number one in the league on defense, and how portis, after his first carry, was avg. only 3 some odd yards a carry. So at least one of them is willing to admit it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Salisbury is a ******. If he thinks the Chiefs will even make the play offs let alone win the west, he should be fired.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fat Joe
                    Salisbury is a ******.
                    Yup. Hit the nail on the head right there.

                    He should be fired definately, the guy is easily the worst analyst I've ever seen. Well, I guess tied with that guy that analyzes basketball, Steven A. Smith or somesuch...I hate that guy...


                    Check out Goal Line Blitz

                    WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I dont pay attention to him. He has no idea what hes talking about


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And just WHY do we care about media time? Especially when it's more negative than positive?

                        For all ya younguns out there: It's ALWAYS been this way.

                        Remember that the Broncos was one of the leagues worst teams through the sixties and most of the seventies. And the image wasn't helped by losing blowout superbowls. There's a reason why the Raiders STILL lead the head-to-head competition by something like 20 to 30 games (even though Shanahan is something like 14-2 against them!) If you want to know how bad we stunk just look at the records for the 60's & 70's. Between 1960 & 1972 the only non-losing season we had was 62 when we finished a mediocre 7-7. We didn't have a winning season until 73 (7-5-2). It took us 13 years and 2 ties to have a winning season. It wasn't until our first superbowl year (1977) that we were able to record a double digit winning season (12-2).

                        When I was younger nobody cared what the media said about the Broncos. We were always the underdog for every game and most everyone didn't mind. Made us feel better when the underdog did well. I don't mind the media's "disrespect" of the Broncos. I don't need their affirmations to know that the Broncos are a good team.

                        We've always been the orange haired stepchild of the NFL. It took the Jets beating the Colts in the early superbowls for the AFL to earn even a small amount of respect. It's going to take us longer to get the respect you're looking for because not only were we in the upstart AFL but for the beginning 15 years of our club we were a horrid team to boot!

                        Don't expect much recognition and when we do get it, more than likely, it will be followed by the attitude of, "Well how in God's green earth did they do that?" I like not getting much media because it keeps the bandwagoneers away.
                        Last edited by TheGlue Factory; 10-14-2004, 06:45 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                          And just WHY do we care about media time? Especially when it's more negative than positive?

                          For all ya younguns out there: It's ALWAYS been this way.

                          Remember that the Broncos was one of the leagues worst teams through the sixties and most of the seventies. And the image wasn't helped by losing blowout superbowls. There's a reason why the Raiders STILL lead the head-to-head competition by something like 20 to 30 games (even though Shanahan is something like 14-2 against them!) If you want to know how bad we stunk just look at the records for the 60's & 70's. Between 1960 & 1972 the only non-losing season we had was 62 when we finished a mediocre 7-7. We didn't have a winning season until 73 (7-5-2). It took us 13 years and 2 ties to have a winning season. It wasn't until our first superbowl year (1977) that we were able to record a double digit winning season (12-2).

                          When I was younger nobody cared what the media said about the Broncos. We were always the underdog for every game and most everyone didn't mind. Made us feel better when the underdog did well. I don't mind the media's "disrespect" of the Broncos. I don't need their affirmations to know that the Broncos are a good team.

                          We've always been the orange haired stepchild of the NFL. It took the Jets beating the Colts in the early superbowls for the AFL to earn even a small amount of respect. It's going to take us longer to get the respect you're looking for because not only were we in the upstart AFL but for the beginning 15 years of our club we were a horrid team to boot!

                          Don't expect much recognition and when we do get it, more than likely, it will be followed by the attitude of, "Well how in God's green earth did they do that?" I like not getting much media because it keeps the bandwagoneers away.
                          I knew it, the media are a bunch of "Dan Rathers". Bias Bastards.




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Playing in non east coast town = NO MEDIA COVERAGE or respect.

                            I have lived on the west coast my whole life and this is always how it is and will be. Just like fins of the Pac-10, non eastcoast teams will never get their approriete due. I am sooooooooooo sick of hearing about the pats that I think i will throw up the next time i hear the name Tom Brady!
                            Last edited by OBF; 10-14-2004, 12:53 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                              Ahh, if we win a few more games- we will start getting recognition. The truth is, we havent done much the past few years. But we always have a good team put together. Last year and a few years ago we made it to the playoffs- choked in the first round. I feel that if we get into the playoffs this year(which we will- I think), we can get the W. And if we can get that confidence and momentum and get a win in a playoff game, I feel that it can help us out to go on to the superbowl- the hardest part of the game of football is winning though.
                              your sig... "out from the showdows"??

                              showdows?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X