Shanny went back to power football!...yay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanny went back to power football!...yay

I for one was very glad to see alot more two back sets and two T.E sets with the house in there blocking, and with Droughns being a much stronger runner then Q, man, that was some good ground game there dude. Bell would be in there alot in passing downs, weird, i guess they wanted him to get lots of live action pass blocking. Looks like we got a decent fullback with Kyle Johnson too!! im getting a running game stiffy!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Yep, that's all we really needed to turn the so called corner, if they keep it up, they'll be very tough to beat.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of them superbowl years
      sigpic

Comment

Watching Reuben run reminded me alot of TD.

Comment

Re: Shanny went back to power football!...yay

Originally posted by theshiverman
          I for one was very glad to see alot more two back sets and two T.E sets with the house in there blocking, and with Droughns being a much stronger runner then Q, man, that was some good ground game there dude. Bell would be in there alot in passing downs, weird, i guess they wanted him to get lots of live action pass blocking. Looks like we got a decent fullback with Kyle Johnson too!! im getting a running game stiffy!!
          I think the play calling was great too. Hopefully, Johnson is the real deal. He could be better than Droughns at FB

Comment

Re: Re: Shanny went back to power football!...yay

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
            I think the play calling was great too. Hopefully, Johnson is the real deal. He could be better than Droughns at FB

Droughns is 207 lbs

Kyle Johnson is 242 lbs

gotta go with the beef at the fullback spot, droughns is a runner...hehe
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Gota keep him in there at HB, at this very point in time he gives us the best chance of a solid ground game.
              kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

Droughns does kinda remind me of TD.

Comment

I saw less 2 TE sets and more of Patrick Hape moving into the backfield as a FB.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

How much of this weeks game plan was playing to the opposing teams weakness? Im not so sure that we will see the same thing again this year. So far we have played almost each week to take advantage of a assumed weakness. Although playing the raiders, one would assume we would run alot considering the biggest weakness on their d is the running game.
                    Not trying to bring everyone down but the only times we have produced well on the ground have been against 2 of the weakest run d's in the league.

Comment

raiders defense is only allowing 3.6 yards per carry, i wouldnt call that a bad run defense my friend.
                      "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Arab Bronco
                        raiders defense is only allowing 3.6 yards per carry, i wouldnt call that a bad run defense my friend.
                        No its not weak but they are more vulnerable to the run. Basically all im trying to say, following the thread topic, is that we havent to this point "returned" to smash mouth football.

Comment

they have two pretty good corners
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Raiders with Sapp and Washinton in the middle will be kinda like playing the jags , it will be tough to run up the gut, look for shanny to use Droughns for the straight ahead runs and Q for the tosses and stretch plays.

Comment

Working...
                            X