Sportsline week 6 picks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsline week 6 picks.

While its nice to see everyone picking us to beat the Roiders I am almost unsettled by this. I always prefer being the underdog.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED

Re: Sportsline week 6 picks.

Originally posted by EMCF
    While its nice to see everyone picking us to beat the Roiders I am almost unsettled by this. I always prefer being the underdog.

Well, if it's any comfort to you... Dan Marino and Bob Costas picked the Raiders on "Inside the NFL".
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

are they trying to make up for some loss in the picking race?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
        are they trying to make up for some loss in the picking race?
        That's what Costas is doing. He's standing alone on a few of the picks because he needs to make up some ground. Marino always does a good job picking games, but he's not infallable.... this year he's only picked 45 right so far, but he's still leading the ITNFL picks race.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Re: Sportsline week 6 picks.

Originally posted by EMCF

I'm always unsettled for away games. All away games are a test of how well you have it together...I don't care if we were at Jefferson High this weekend, I'd be unsettled to say the least!
          "Man, I thought this was just a picture or something!"

-John Elway
          As he held the Vince Lombardi trophy in the lockeroom following Super Bowl XXXII

Comment

Re: Re: Sportsline week 6 picks.

Originally posted by PokeysLittleDog
            I'm always unsettled for away games. All away games are a test of how well you have it together...I don't care if we were at Jefferson High this weekend, I'd be unsettled to say the least!

The Broncos would get killed at Jefferson High

Comment

I found it interesting the majority of picks between the 49ers and Jets, were in favor the 49ers??????????

Comment

Originally posted by jocool
                I found it interesting the majority of picks between the 49ers and Jets, were in favor the 49ers??????????
                The Sportsline picks are "against the spread". The latest line for the Jets/49ers game has the Jets as 10 point favorites. That many points can be hard to pass up in an NFL game. I'd like to see these picks if these guys were actually laying money down. I think it's pointless for them to pick these games ATS; it means nothing.
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

I hate that they picked us like that. We are the only game that they all agree on. That pretty much is the kiss of death

Comment

Hell has just frozen over. Salisbury has picked Denver to beat Oakland. Now we're F*****!!
                    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Originally posted by O&B4life
                      Hell has just frozen over. Salisbury has picked Denver to beat Oakland. Now we're F*****!!
                      Oh, brother...

I don't have ESPN Insider so I can't read the entire article, but here are the first few paragraphs of Salisbury's take on the Broncos... Looks like he's continuing his flip-floppin' bandwagoneer ways...

I've been critical in the past of Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. I've always felt that people didn't hold his feet to the fire since he hadn't won a Super Bowl without John Elway and Terrell Davis. Also, coming into this season, the Broncos have been 44-36 without both Elway and Davis playing together and only made the playoffs twice in five seasons. For some reason he's gotten a hall pass despite those seasons and some poor personnel decisions.

But this season I think he's done his best coaching job. The Broncos don't have RB Clinton Portis anymore, but they've still had some success still running the ball. Also he's doing a great job utilizing QB Jake Plummer's ability to throw and run on the edge of the defense. Plummer has become a big threat to opposing defenses because they don't know where he's going to be.

In years past, Shanahan tried to put a dominant offense on the field at the expense of his defense. It almost seemed as if he was just filling in on defense to give his offense a chance to rest. This season is different. The Broncos have a different attitude with the acquisitions of John Lynch and Champ Bailey. They are committed to playing strong defense and are ranked at or near the top of most major defensive categories.
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                        Oh, brother...

I don't have ESPN Insider so I can't read the entire article, but here are the first few paragraphs of Salisbury's take on the Broncos... Looks like he's continuing his flip-floppin' bandwagoneer ways...
                        What a bunch of crap. He has cursed us for this Sunday. There is no way to overcome this.

Comment

unsettled

ahh, to settle your unsettlement, go see the ESPN picks, a couple of them picked the Raiders.

Comment

Man this is nice... All this respect... We gotta win this game. If we can go 5-1, we are almost garenteed a playoff spot.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X