Quentin Close to 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Close to 100%

Shanahan in The Rocky Mountain News said Griffin is practicing at full speed and is close to 100%. Unless he gets hurt again between now and Sunday, it looks like Griffin will get most of the carries.

Droughns is the only experienced fullback that Denver has, so I would expect him to remain as the lead blocker - except maybe in short yardage situations or if Q needs a breather. It's been shown that both RBs can run well when the blocks are there. They both have struggled against good run defenses.

Reuben is also a team player, and won't complain if he's not the main man. He plays on special teams, and I'm sure he'll be more active in the offense after the display last week.

So how many of you will be complaining after Q torches Oakland for 100+ yards this week? Just wondering.

I would still rather it be Reuben, I just like his running style better, and he seems like a really nice guy that gets looked over, and never gets a shot.

Comment

Re: Quentin Close to 100%

Originally posted by thunderstormer
      Shanahan in The Rocky Mountain News said Griffin is practicing at full speed and is close to 100%. Unless he gets hurt again between now and Sunday, it looks like Griffin will get most of the carries.

link?
      Boss

Comment

Here you go - scroll down to the "Injury Update" at the bottom.

www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_3253133,00.html

Comment

Here you go - scroll down to the "Injury Update" at the bottom.

www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_3253133,00.html

INJURY UPDATE: Griffin "practiced full speed and is close to 100 percent" after missing the game Sunday because of an ankle sprain, Shanahan said. Defensive end Patrick Chukwurah (thigh muscle tear) isn't expected to practice the next two days and will be re-evaluated Friday.

This article says nothing about QG getting most of the carries, it only says that he practiced and he is going to be at 100%, it is still up to Mike S. to make the decision on who the best running back is.

If you look at the article above this you will see it is up to Mike S. to decide who will get the carries and what part Ruben will play in the game.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Sure, but if you read the section above that, Reuben says:

"We're still kind of switching bodies and sharing time, so I have no idea what's going to happen. Coach has his plans. Hopefully, I'm just involved."

Does this sound like someone who thinks he should start? Like I said, Reuben is a team player, and won't let his ego influence the coach's decision. He's made it clear that he's equally happy blocking or running. Shanahan has much more depth at RB than FB, and that's a big reason why you'll see Droughns back at the FB position this week.

Comment

Re: Quentin Close to 100%

Droughns is the only experienced fullback that Denver has, so I would expect him to remain as the lead blocker - except maybe in short yardage situations or if Q needs a breather. It's been shown that both RBs can run well when the blocks are there. They both have struggled against good run defenses.

Reuben is also a team player, and won't complain if he's not the main man. He plays on special teams, and I'm sure he'll be more active in the offense after the display last week.

So how many of you will be complaining after Q torches Oakland for 100+ yards this week? Just wondering.
              Shanahan hasn't said that Q will start nor that he would get the bulk of the carries, it speculation on the part of the reporter that Griffin will resume the role as starter.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Sure, but if you read the section above that, Reuben says:

"We're still kind of switching bodies and sharing time, so I have no idea what's going to happen. Coach has his plans. Hopefully, I'm just involved."

Does this sound like someone who thinks he should start? Like I said, Reuben is a team player, and won't let his ego influence the coach's decision. He's made it clear that he's equally happy blocking or running. Shanahan has much more depth at RB than FB, and that's a big reason why you'll see Droughns back at the FB position this week.
                Reuben's humility won't for a second cloud Shanny's judgement...if he thinks Reuben should get the carries, he's gonna get 'em...screw what Reuben is 'happy' doing...

And if you think for second Reuben wants to block as much as he wants to play RB, you're nuts...
                Boss

Comment

After this past weekend, I am convinced that we just need a bigger back in there. i want to see Tatum Bell start living up to his supposed "potential".

Imagine what our offence would be doing if Anderson was healthy!!

I know he would have been our 1st string, and he would have had another 1000 yard season.

Comment

It's a toss up right now...though I want to see RD get more, Q may. I just hope he performs if he does
                    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

I say start Droughns this week at Oakland. He breaks waaaay more tackles than Q does, but Q should get some plays in on 3rd downs. I'm sure we may see Reuben and Q on the field at the same time this weekend too.

Comment

A true broncos fan would not complain about any broncos player doing good, that goes for Q fans and Droughns fans, this 'in fighting' between Q fans and people that dont think he should start is getting pretty dam stupid. Droughns will not go back to fullback, it will be Johnson or hape, Q will run from the two back sets and Droughns will run from the singleback sets, Shanny will get them both carries. Q is not hurt that bad by Droughns stepping up, Q will still see action, Bell is the one that seems to be getting hurt the most from Droughns play, and Heasrt is like totally gone, probly not even dressing out now. So if i was a Q fan i would just shut up about the starting running back position and be glad that Q will still get the ball.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                          A true broncos fan would not complain about any broncos player doing good, that goes for Q fans and Droughns fans, this 'in fighting' between Q fans and people that dont think he should start is getting pretty dam stupid. Droughns will not go back to fullback, it will be Johnson or hape, Q will run from the two back sets and Droughns will run from the singleback sets, Shanny will get them both carries. Q is not hurt that bad by Droughns stepping up, Q will still see action, Bell is the one that seems to be getting hurt the most from Droughns play, and Heasrt is like totally gone, probly not even dressing out now. So if i was a Q fan i would just shut up about the starting running back position and be glad that Q will still get the ball.
                          No one in this thread has bashed Q!! And no one has said that want Q to do poorly. All of the people in this thread don't care who carries as long as they are doing well (except for fantasy owners of course )

We are all just expressing our opinion on who we think can do better, so get off of your high horse and open your eyes and actually READ some of the posts! I am so sick of people trying to say that posters to this forum are "bad fans" just because we like to discuss who we think is better or not!!

Comment

Originally posted by OBF
                            No one in this thread has bashed Q!! And no one has said that want Q to do poorly. All of the people in this thread don't care who carries as long as they are doing well (except for fantasy owners of course )

We are all just expressing our opinion on who we think can do better, so get off of your high horse and open your eyes and actually READ some of the posts! I am so sick of people trying to say that posters to this forum are "bad fans" just because we like to discuss who we think is better or not!!
                            I got your high horse hanging low slappy.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

lol, I didn't know half and inch was considered "hanging low"!

Comment

Working...
                              X