No announcement yet.

Salisbury picks the Broncos to win?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salisbury picks the Broncos to win?????

In a strange twist of fate Sean Salisbury has shocked the world by picking the Broncos to beat the Raiders, please don't jump on the bandwagon Mr. Salisbury, there is no room for you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

for once some objectivity in his ANALysis! Should we declare a national holiday?
    This space for rent

Comment

This actually frightens me....
      Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
        Me too...

Winter is Coming!

Comment

I just posted this on another thread, but it's probably more fitting here...

I don't have ESPN Insider so I can't read the entire article, but here are the first few paragraphs of Salisbury's take on the Broncos... Looks like he's continuing his flip-floppin' bandwagoneer ways...

I've been critical in the past of Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. I've always felt that people didn't hold his feet to the fire since he hadn't won a Super Bowl without John Elway and Terrell Davis. Also, coming into this season, the Broncos have been 44-36 without both Elway and Davis playing together and only made the playoffs twice in five seasons. For some reason he's gotten a hall pass despite those seasons and some poor personnel decisions.

But this season I think he's done his best coaching job. The Broncos don't have RB Clinton Portis anymore, but they've still had some success still running the ball. Also he's doing a great job utilizing QB Jake Plummer's ability to throw and run on the edge of the defense. Plummer has become a big threat to opposing defenses because they don't know where he's going to be.

In years past, Shanahan tried to put a dominant offense on the field at the expense of his defense. It almost seemed as if he was just filling in on defense to give his offense a chance to rest. This season is different. The Broncos have a different attitude with the acquisitions of John Lynch and Champ Bailey. They are committed to playing strong defense and are ranked at or near the top of most major defensive categories.
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Well we can chalk this loss up to bad karma. I already know that we could easily beat the Faiders. But It will be hard to over come the Salisbury pick. lol.....I hate that guy.

Comment

Man what a hypocrite! He was the loudest critic on the Champ Bailey acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                Thats the very first thing I thought when I read the title to this thread - He is a **** ******* ************* ******* (I put the stars not the naughty words )

Comment

Mount-n-Groan I just read the rest of that story and they only left out one line on the Broncos, this is the most chilling of all, right now he believes that Coughlin is the coach of the year but Shanahan isn't far behind...

Comment

Re: Just curious...

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                    Get off Salisbury....he is actually one of the better analyists around, especially on that God-forsakend ESPN channel...
                    ...and just when I was starting to like you....
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

What about Salisbury's statement do you find so 'Offensive'??

What he said is exactly true...Shany HAS gotten a 'Hall Pass'...

He has been Joe Average as a coach, and has made some bone-headed errors in judgement in relation to clock management, strategic errors, and complete blunders in personnel decisions...

So he does not think highly of the Broncos, yet...I think this is a perfectly logical thing to do....he wants to see results on the filed...and with only two embarrasing playoff losses in five years, zero Division titles, zero playoff wins, etc, etc.... I think has is very much on the ball here....

I mean, your team has started the last four years 4-1, and finished 8-8, 9-7, and 10-6....will this year be different? Maybe...but I don't think Salisbury is out of line to expect you to PROVE you can do it on the field....

That is not too much to ask, is it??

Get off Salisbury....he is actually one of the better analyists around, especially on that God-forsakend ESPN channel...

Michael Irvin? Mike Ditka??? Good God...
                      I didn't even read that article before I started this thread, it was just my surprise at him picking the Broncos, I'm a little in shock because I've never heard him say anything good on the Broncos, it's just frightening to hear him say the good....

Comment

Comment

What about Salisbury's statement do you find so 'Offensive'??

What he said is exactly true...Shany HAS gotten a 'Hall Pass'...

He has been Joe Average as a coach, and has made some bone-headed errors in judgement in relation to clock management, strategic errors, and complete blunders in personnel decisions...

So he does not think highly of the Broncos, yet...I think this is a perfectly logical thing to do....he wants to see results on the filed...and with only two embarrasing playoff losses in five years, zero Division titles, zero playoff wins, etc, etc.... I think has is very much on the ball here....

I mean, your team has started the last four years 4-1, and finished 8-8, 9-7, and 10-6....will this year be different? Maybe...but I don't think Salisbury is out of line to expect you to PROVE you can do it on the field....

That is not too much to ask, is it??

Shanny gets the pass because he gets the team off to a 4-1 start every year. What has Dallas, San Fran, or Miami done since their HOF quarterback retired. We me be average in 5 years, but we havent been bottom feeders. That has alot to do with Shanny. BTW during the previous years we havent had teams that above average and under achieved. All of this gets you a pass. If we went 4-12 then that's a different story.

Comment

What's even more surprising (and far less troubling) is the fact that the normally homeristic Eric Allen picked us too.
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

Oh, and regardless to whether his analysis is right or not....He just gave us the kiss of death for sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X