What the heck is up with Lelie???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is up with Lelie???

Wow.... If these is one thing that concerns me it is the blatent eyeing on sharpe and smith.... Eddie Mac.. i dont know how much he has left in the tank.. He is clutch no doubt, and jesus it is nice to see him back in there. But Lelie was supposed to be the answer for him... That drop in the 3rd quarter i think? WTF?!?! That was instride and that was 6.. there was no one there and with his speed it would have been over. 26 catches on the year? This was not the anwer we were looking for.

Thank God for Portis. He is single handedly opening up the rest of the game plan for shanahan. Is there anyone else that is as confused/dissapointed in lelie? There was such high hopes and aspirations, and now its as he is inactive...

To make a run at this thing we need 3 viable recievers... And for us luckily that is including our tight end who just defies age... That is the only thing i see as troubling... If we can get one more player to step up on offense and compliment Smith in the slot then i feel confident angaint anyone in the league...

A bit of a sophomore slump, I hope. Let's hope he sahkes it off. If not, CP will be up against it. Actually, if he doesn't shake it off quick, as good as they may have looked, they will be done quickly in the playoffs. Let's roll, Ashley. Shake it off.

Comment

Yea, let's give Lelie some time to pick up rhythm.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Eddie Mac retires next year

Alot of big players will not be back in the NFL next yr(my opinion) one of them will be EddieMac sad to say...Ashley L. will have no choice next yera to step up or not play......raiders will lose some good players next year from retirement probably the most of all!!!!!haha :o
        Sooner born
        Sooner breed
        When I die
        I'll be Sooner dead

Comment

Hey Soonermania.....let's post something positive tonight.....at least the Broncos beat a Kansas team this weekend!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

In the script: ball to Lelie in next Sunday's game. Let's just hope he can hang on to them.

Comment

sorry but......

it was a good win but the subject is about Lelie stepping up for Eddie!!!!!
              Sooner born
              Sooner breed
              When I die
              I'll be Sooner dead

Comment

Well...every time I see Lelie drop a pass (which is far too often of late, especially that beauty of a pass in today's game), I remember about this other guy on the team who dropped a lot of passes the first couple years he was on the team and has since become one of the best wide receivers out there. Give Lelie a chance to get back on track, and I'm sure he'll exceed our wildest expectations as he has shown at times. It'd be nice if he got back on track for when we need him the most this year, but I'll keep patient even if he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by periblepsis
                  In the script: ball to Lelie in next Sunday's game. Let's just hope he can hang on to them.
                  It was good to see EM out there catching a key pass on third down, getting clocked and hangin on to the ball. Lelie needs to get some short to mid range catches though to get him in rhythm. He'll be fine, Shanny has shown that he's willing, for now, to keep going to him.

Thank you God for CP and a mauling on KC.
                  Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
                  Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Comment

Well I hate to make excuses.

But before that pass Lelie hadn't really been apart of the game and then he gets te lucky chance of catching the nail in the coffin catch and he drops...it. That kind took the the air out of the crowd......UNTIL CP WENT HAHAH.

Anyway when you're not in the game that long and then you come on the field and have to catch a pass like that, it's kinda hard. He will be arlight IMO.

He still pissed me off when he dropped it, it threw my pum pum (or however you spell it) somewhere.
                    Take care of business Broncos.

Comment

I've gotta say I've not been a big proponent of Lelie this year, but Phil Simms as well as some posters have made a good point.

Simms said that watching Lelie practice this week he didn't drop anything, the guy was amazing.

The 1, I think that was it 1, pass that was thrown to him he dropped. The point being made is that a weazpon like Lelie needs to be utilized way more often. Throwing to him once, and late in the game at that will not get him involved in the game near enough. If you're not in the game then your focus will be lacking.

The kid needs to get 5-8 passes a game and he will be quite effective. Right now defences aren't worried about him so he's not stretching the field as effectively as he could if he were more involved and making those key catches.
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think he needs some time to, mayb to many butterflies in a game situation, he is still young........obviously he can play in practice, which means he has skill, just not experience yet. Him and Jake will form a bond over the next year, if everyone stays healthy, and they could make a great pair..........it's just a matter of time, (I hope)

Comment

All it comes down to is Lelie needs to get the ball more. 26 on the season for 429 is not enough from one of our top 3. This will happen as he gets the ball a little bit more, and stops looking for the endzone and HOLDS ON THE THE DAMN BALL! Still a little bitter, though he has stepped up for EM. Plays like that drop will hurt us in closer games, but it wasnt... So I say give him time....

Comment

The problem is when a receiver keeps dropping the ball, especially passes thrown to him he becomes the fourth and fifth options in the quarterbacks mind.

The same thing happened to Eddie Kennison when he was here. He missed so many passes that the quarterback only threw to him as last resort. Actually his first year with KC was the same way and now he is actually catching some passes.

Lelie has to catch some "big ones" before Jake is going to have confidence in him. I think some confidence was developing before Jake got hurt. Lelie is going to have to catch the tough ones before he gets the easy ones.
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

time is running short on the first round pick. I have already stated my displeasure in another thread in the Bronco Players forum.
                              I still can't beleive Portis was selected after Lelie.

Comment

Working...
                              X