Halftime adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftime adjustments

We were down 21-17 at halftime. The defense could not stop the Chiefs in the first half. The offense looked good but had still been outscored and it looked like they would need to do even better in the second half just to keep up.

The Denver coaches, on both sides of the ball, did an excellent job with their halftime adjustments.

The Chiefs only scored in the second half on their final possession, when the game was already decided and we were playing a lot of our backups.

Our offense actually got even better than they were in the first half. Portis is gettin' all the love but Jake, Rod, Shannon and the entire offensive line played AWESOME!

Start of the second half summary:

KC: 3-and-out
    Denver: Touchdown!
    KC: 6-and-out

Now THAT'S some serious halftime adjusting! GO BRONCOS!!!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Re: Halftime adjustments

Originally posted by Javalon
    We were down 21-17 at halftime. The defense could not stop the Chiefs in the first half. The offense looked good but had still been outscored and it looked like they would need to do even better in the second half just to keep up.

The Denver coaches, on both sides of the ball, did an excellent job with their halftime adjustments.

The Chiefs only scored in the second half on their final possession, when the game was already decided and we were playing a lot of our backups.

Our offense actually got even better than they were in the first half. Portis is gettin' all the love but Jake, Rod, Shannon and the entire offensive line played AWESOME!

Start of the second half summary:

KC: 6-and-out

Now THAT'S some serious halftime adjusting! GO BRONCOS!!!
    Thats outstanding effort from the Broncos defense in the second half.

Comment

True. CP wa huge, but the line and JP definitely stepped it up a notch. Especially, JP. He looked possesed runnin' them boots. All starts with the OL. Nice work, fellas.

Comment

The offense was doing just fine in the first half. It was the defense that really stepped it up, and gave the offense the ball, and kept it from KC.
        Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

Yes, heres to hopeing that Offensive gameplay can continue through the next 3 games. GO BRONCOS!

Comment

That proves we have some great coaches, and players. Knowing what they need to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaBroncosFan
              That proves we have some great coaches, and players. Knowing what they need to get the win.

I'm just glad to see Shanny finally figuring out that CP is who will carry us on his back. That said, way to go using all the other options as well. Nice to see Eddy mac get that key first down on third.
              Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
              Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Comment

It seems like our D stepped it up in the 2nd half and got more pressure on Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
                  It seems like our D stepped it up in the 2nd half and got more pressure on Green.
                  I'd have to give props to the secondary. The sacks that I saw us get looked like "secondary sacks" to me. Green had time initially, but he held on to the ball for too long and the rush eventually got him.
                  sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by cprender8
                    The offense was doing just fine in the first half. It was the defense that really stepped it up, and gave the offense the ball, and kept it from KC.
                    i agree.. the offense was doing fine the first half.. but the D was non-existant.. the D stepped up incredibly on the 2nd half.. but, the Offense stepped it to another level too.. D came from nonexistant to outright incredible and the O changed from great to excellent..

www.avalancheboard.com/wbb2

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                      I'd have to give props to the secondary. The sacks that I saw us get looked like "secondary sacks" to me. Green had time initially, but he held on to the ball for too long and the rush eventually got him.
                      Thank God because that Kennison TD had me a little worried about the 2nd half.

Comment

I"ve said it before and I'll say it again Shanahan knows what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by jocool
                          Yes, heres to hopeing that Offensive gameplay can continue through the next 3 games. GO BRONCOS!
                          just next 3? pshhh, im thinkin next 7!
                          Remember kids, being a grammar Nazi makes you cool!

Comment

defintely a nice adjustment...

we can't play like we did in the 1st half again this season, they looked horrible, taking bad angles, not covering, missing tackles, it was the ugliest defense I have seen in awhile, but they made some nice adjustments in the 2nd half....
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

This just shows that Shanahan made the right choice in gettng rid of Rhoades and going with Coyer. It also means that our coaches are much better than KC's because they figured out KC's weaknesses and capitalized on them.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X