Q on punt returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q on punt returns?

lets assume that Bell, or Droughns, or Hearst. Or whoever we are currently favoring steps up as our feature back. Could we put Q on punt returns? Think of him using his moves in open field all the time, could be huge.

Good idea. Thats where he is on my madden '05 team.

And yeah that extra time could help him further develop his skills not to mention I would expect him to make a couple of Daunte Hall style returns - and we wouldn't be risking someone who was irreplaceable (so it seems)

Comment

Re: Q on punt returns?

Originally posted by EMCF
      lets assume that Bell, or Droughns, or Hearst. Or whoever we are currently favoring steps up as our feature back. Could we put Q on punt returns? Think of him using his moves in open field all the time, could be huge.
      Ah, yeah, this ain't high school ball anymore. You can't just stick a guy back there just because he has some talent. He's got to have some skills that has been trained to do the job.

Comment

Ah just give Triandos Luke some more chances to do returns, he should get better.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Q on punt returns?

Originally posted by UltimateSoldier
          Ah, yeah, this ain't high school ball anymore. You can't just stick a guy back there just because he has some talent. He's got to have some skills that has been trained to do the job.
          You don't think he has the ability to shake tackles in open field? I think he could be great at it.

Comment

Y'all are forgetting till further notice he is still the starting RB!

Lets not have orgasms about something that is not going to happen.

Y'all sound like a bunch of junior high school girls giggling about some sort of rumors.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Q on punt returns?

You don't think he has the ability to shake tackles in open field? I think he could be great at it.
              No, I don't think Q can watch a punt go about 150 feet into the air while 11 other guys that weight 200+ lbs running at you at full, then catch the ball and have 11 really, really pi ssed off guys try to take your head off.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Q on punt returns?

Originally posted by UltimateSoldier
                No, I don't think Q can watch a punt go about 150 feet into the air while 11 other guys that weight 200+ lbs running at you at full, then catch the ball and have 11 really, really pi ssed off guys try to take your head off.
                Oh wise one, pray tell why not! Because he is to short?

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  Y'all are forgetting till further notice he is still the starting RB!

Lets not have orgasms about something that is not going to happen.

Y'all sound like a bunch of junior high school girls giggling about some sort of rumors.
                  Jr. Shanahan was asked that very thing and he left the door wide open, so at this point there is no clear cut starter.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Q on punt returns?

I am scared to death of him returning kicks.

Comment

Fumblerooskie!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                        Fumblerooskie!
                        yep

Comment

I am pretty sure he is bigger than Dante Hall if thats what you are worried about...
                          My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

im scared the guy would fumble the ball .....luke is doing a good job keep him in ...he just aint had much of a chance to return many punts standing on the ten yard line
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Q on punt returns?

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                              Oh wise one, pray tell why not! Because he is to short?
                              Nope. He has no history of punt return. Period. He he had or trains over the next couple of seasons then he can return all the punts he wants. But until he gets trained at return I would not won't anybody back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X