Kyle Orton Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey
    Chaz and I feel exactly the same way, and I have to say we've come to our conclusions regarding Orton over the same time period.

We gave the guy a chance. The fact that we now loathe him is 100% a result of what he has and hasn't done on the field. We don't give a crap about how he chews his gum. We hate that the guy never makes a clutch play, puts up empty stats when it matters least, has a mopey demeanor that is obviously demoralizing to his teammates, and is completely boring to watch...
    Tell us how you really feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      By "mixed emotions" he meant whether to merely bench Orton or to also set him on fire.
      With all the Jack Daniels that's spilled on his beard over the years, setting KO on fire could take out all of Dove Valley in one huge blast...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...r_fireball.jpg
      Last edited by neckbeard; 12-30-2010, 10:17 AM.
      "That's a crap question."
      - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Any player who would skip along happily under these circumstances shouldn't be in football (or any competitive sport).
        Seems like he hates being benched more than he hates losing. He sure doesn't mind throwing short passes on third down and punting...over and over and over and over! As long as his stats are good he doesn't care.

I'm beginning to think less of Orton as a team guy and more a guy who just wants to keep his job. Winning doesn't seem to really matter to him. Obviously he'd prefer to win, but doesn't bother him as much as sitting.

I've always said that Orton is a QB and not a football player. He doesn't make anything happen or risk anything to make it happen. He's competitive personally but isn't competitive on the field.
        John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60
          Search my posts Top, I have complimented him when he has deserved it. But, he hasn't deserved it much as of late.
          Orton changes the opinion of many, including me.

I was a staunch supporter of Orton till a few weeks ago. If for whatever he is once again the starter I will root for him and hope for success. I just don't see him as being able to deliver that success. He isn't a leader, and folds under pressure. His body language and demeanor have been piss poor, and he doesn't inspire any kind of confidence.

Teams will have plenty of tape on him. Take the best offer and never look back. If someone offers a second round pick that would be great. A first would be highway robbery.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            With all the Jack Daniels that's spilled on his beard over the years, setting KO on fire could take out all of Dove Valley in one huge blast...
            LOL! Cp's to you for that
            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              Orton changes the opinion of many, including me.

I was a staunch supporter of Orton till a few weeks ago. If for whatever he is once again the starter I will root for him and hope for success. I just don't see him as being able to deliver that success. He isn't a leader, and folds under pressure. His body language and demeanor have been piss poor, and he doesn't inspire any kind of confidence.

Teams will have plenty of tape on him. Take the best offer and never look back. If someone offers a second round pick that would be great. A first would be highway robbery.
              If he does stay -which he wont- he would be a really good backup for Tebow, but I agree, take the best offer for him, perferably draft picks, and ship him off to a team he could potentially start on.

Comment

• [moderator]

Just because something doesn't verbatim violate the rules doesn't mean it's off the radar or that we don't notice.

The spirit of the rules is what matters, and rules lawyers don't fare well here. This is a court of reason, not a court of law.

If someone is intentionally aggravating other members, it will eventually be handled even if it's done "cleverly and subtly."

Fair warning.

For those that missed the point amidst the diplomacy: We see it. Knock it off.

[/moderator]

Comment

• Orton and Lloyd will be traded

Call it a hunch...

I see it like this.

We have plenty of needs on defence, and we have to few picks. We simply need to gather more.

Then we look at our assets. We have extraordinary depth at three positions. QB, WR and RB.

WR:
                  Gaffney is not worth much, but is very important for our team with his versatility. He will not be traded.
                  Royal has a lot of upside but has underperformed = not very valuable.
                  Demariyus Thomas has shown next to nothing, but has a ton of potential.

Lloyd is coming of a career season making circus catch after circus catch. He will be worth a lot despite his age. Trade him and let Demariyus/Royal take over his role to minimize the damage done to the team. We have depth.

RB:
                  Moreno has shown the goods but is too oft injured to really garner interest, and our running game has been too poor in general for anyone to believe in our backs.
                  Bucky - too old. No value.
                  Lance Ball. Too young and unproven. Very little value.
                  LenDale White. Coming off a major injury. No value.
                  Maroney. Will probably be cut anyway. No value.

None of the backs will command enough payback to offset their damage losing them causes the team.

QB:
                  Tebow: Very young, but has shown tremendous qualities in his two starts. A good start vs. Chargers and he will be a lock for the 2011 starting job. A lot of value.
                  Orton: A very good statistical year. Has limitations, but in the current QB market he should garner a lot of interest as a safe solution for any team in trouble at QB. A lot of value.
                  Quinn: Has showed nothing. No value.

Orton should be shipped off to one of the many QB hungry teams. A good chance for a bidding war and overpaying. Denver will still have Tebow as a starter and Quinn as a solid backup.

So the cynical market analysis says. Trade Orton and Lloyd.

Comments?
                  Last edited by jgod654; 12-30-2010, 10:36 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm all out, but I owe you some CP for that! :thumb:

Comment

• I'd love to keep Lloyd, he's been phenomenal this year. He's been the best player on offense by far.

Orton, yes, get as much as you can for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                        I'm all out, but I owe you some CP for that! :thumb:
                        I second that. That was a good one.

(I have to wait for a fresh supply, too.)

-----

Comment

• I can definitely see Lloyd being traded, and getting some decent return on him (I'm almost positive Orton's gone, especially after his "I'd better be starting" comments).

We have a VERY good receiving corp. DT, Gaff, Royal, Decker and a healthy Willis will be very productive in the upcoming years.
                          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Trade Orton? Absolutely. I'll take some crackers and cheese for the guy.

Trade Lloyd? Not so sure about that. If he tries to hold out or the like sure, but otherwise we're better off keeping him. His age severely limits his trade value even after such a great season.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                              I'd love to keep Lloyd, he's been phenomenal this year. He's been the best player on offense by far.

Orton, yes, get as much as you can for him!
                              Dont get me wrong. I would love to keep Lloyd as well. He is brilliant. But sometimes shipping off a brilliant player for another brilliant player is the way to go.

Kindda like Portis for Champ :thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

• Ehhh, I don't know about that. I think Orton and Gaffney have a better chance of being a package deal then Orton and Lloyd. I can see KO and Gaffney being traded together to a team like San Fran or Cincy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X