Kyle Orton Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Would you like to guess at the choice words Lloyd has for you right now?
    Haha! Seriously? He would say "God bless!" and think of the fat contract he could demand after being traded :-)
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
      I don't think you need to trade Orton either. He may not start, but he's an excellent insurance policy, and it's always good to have an established vet behind a young QB.
      When the guy says he shouldn't have to compete for the starting job? When he acts like his play has been so great that the job should just be his, no argument? Yeah he needs to be traded.
      Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
        I would imagine he means a franchise and trade scenario.
        Correct me if im wrong, but wont teams have to give up like a 1st rounder or something to get a franchised player? No one would dish up a 1st for Champ at this point in his career. I seriously doubt that.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
          Correct me if im wrong, but wont teams have to give up like a 1st rounder or something to get a franchised player? No one would dish up a 1st for Champ at this point in his career. I seriously doubt that.
          If we want to trade him? No...

Team Tebow #108

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
            Why would we trade DJ? Is he Patrick Willis? No...but he is a dang good LB and trading him would just create yet another hole.

Lloyd is different. We have a plethora of talented WR's like DT, Royal, Decker has potential and Gaffney is a proven vet.

I don't not like Lloyd but we could improve our team by adding a defensive player.
            My thoughts exactly
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
              So the writer flat out admits that Orton "isn't a franchise QB" but thinks he's worth a first? I would trade aorton for a fifth without blinking an eye, if we were offered a first it would be the crime of the century.
              This is the example of a fan who know everything (in his mind) but don't know much! The Broncos, if they choose to trade Orton, will probably get much more than a 5th.:thumb:

Comment

If we want to trade him? No...
                OK, so the suggestion is to tag him and then let him go for what? a 2nd or a 3rd?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
                  How are we going to get anything for Champ? He will be a FA unless we resign or franchise him...are you going for a sign and trade scenario? Unlikely...
                  Just a guess. I guess a lot would depend on how the Cox situation turns out
                  and whether they think he can develop into a #1 CB even if it turns out well.

But there really aren't many places the Broncos can go on their roster to
                  produce draft choices, as you showed, and of where they can go not many of
                  them would be wise to do. It might not be wise to trade Champ, either. It would
                  just depend on a lot of factors.

-----

Comment

• The problem is what would we get for Lloyd? We do have a lot of promising young guys on our roster, and Gaffney is quite solid. But a 29 year old WR who hasn't been great until this year? We aren't going to get anywhere near the value we got Marshall in a trade. We would likely get a 3rd rounder, and is that really worth it?

Team Tebow #108

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      I'd love to keep Lloyd, he's been phenomenal this year. He's been the best player on offense by far.

Orton, yes, get as much as you can for him!
                      It's hard to understand why Brandon Lloyd can't seem to find a home. I suspect something goes on in the locker room or his head which causes caoches to be leery of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                        Just a guess. I guess a lot would depend on how the Cox situation turns out
                        and whether they think he can develop into a #1 CB even if it turns out well.

But there really aren't many places the Broncos can go on their roster to
                        produce draft choices, as you showed, and of where they can go not many of
                        them would be wise to do. It might not be wise to trade Champ, either. It would
                        just depend on a lot of factors.

-----
                        The best way to generate picks will be to trade down in the 1st round. That's what I'm hoping we do.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

The problem is what would we get for Lloyd? We do have a lot of promising young guys on our roster, and Gaffney is quite solid. But a 29 year old WR who hasn't been great until this year? We aren't going to get anywhere near the value we got Marshall in a trade. We would likely get a 3rd rounder, and is that really worth it?
                          If that is true, then you are completely right. No that would not be worth it.

But he IS the leagues leading reciever right now, and HAS been nothing short of spectacular. I suspect his value to be higher.
                          sigpic

Comment

The best way to generate picks will be to trade down in the 1st round. That's what I'm hoping we do.
                            I completely agree, I think trading down will do us more good than harm. There are a lot of guys I would like us to take with our top 5 pick, but I think you can get as much value if not more, with a boat load of 2nds and 3rds. New England has been doing it this past decade, and it's worked for them greatly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                              This is the example of a fan who know everything (in his mind) but don't know much! The Broncos, if they choose to trade Orton, will probably get much more than a 5th.:thumb:
                              Much more? Sure, a 4th or 3rd at best. The guy really doesn't have that much value. He's an average QB with some glaring holes in his game that are going to make many GMs leery.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Agree. Even to the point of going OUT of the first. Stockpile 2nds plz. They come cheap salary wise and the chance of finding solid players are not much lower. You do loose about 20% on the chance of hitting Great players though, but the extra number of picks would take care of that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X