Kyle Orton Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
    I hear you. And I totally agree with the need for a stellar WR for Tebow.

The point is that the equation is a little more muddled. It is not Lloyd vs. no Lloyd. We are not going to throw him away.

It is more like

Lloyd + hole in defence

vs.

Thomas (who will be playing Lloyds spot) + fixed hole in defence through Lloyd trade

I am not saying that it is an easy call, but I can definately see the FO going with option two...
    You're not gonna get that much value for Lloyd. That's the point. Yes, in a perfect world, we would trade him for Seymour or Ngata. Not happening though.

What you'll get for Lloyd is a 3rd round pick max. So you're making a pretty big gamble that this 3rd rounder will fix a hole in our defense. And another gamble that Thomas will match Lloyd's production. I'd rather keep the sure bet.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Football people will look at Orton different

than fans will. Fans look at Orton as disappointing QB who didn't win enough games. Coaches, GM's etc may look at him as a QB that passed for over 7300 yards on a poor team and had very little offensive help around here. Plug him into a better offensive system with more help he may be a franchise QB. With Denver's OL often Orton was under pressure to unload the ball before the receiver is open.
      If Seattle would give a 2nd and 3rd round draft choice for a unproven QB that had played spareingly or Chicago would give two # 1's plus for Cutler (who had worse stats than Orton does), anything is possible.:thumb:

Comment

• I just dont see Denver getting that much for Lloyd much less Orton. Yea, he's had a solid year but its the only time in his career he's ever put up numbers. Couple of things... first, he's had issues on other teams regarding his work ethic and committment to the game. Secondly, his production this year is a result of a pass heavy offense, playing from behind a lot of the time and him being the only real threat at WR. And lastly, his age. Maybe a 4th for Lloyd and possibly a 5th for Orton. Orton is a servicable starting QB who can bridge the gap until something better comes along. I think maybe Arizona or San Francisco might bite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
          than fans will. Fans look at Orton as disappointing QB who didn't win enough games. Coaches, GM's etc may look at him as a QB that passed for over 7300 yards on a poor team and had very little offensive help around here. Plug him into a better offensive system with more help he may be a franchise QB. With Denver's OL often Orton was under pressure to unload the ball before the receiver is open.
          If Seattle would give a 2nd and 3rd round draft choice for a unproven QB that had played spareingly or Chicago would give two # 1's plus for Cutler (who had worse stats than Orton does), anything is possible.:thumb:
          This. ^^

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
            You're not gonna get that much value for Lloyd. That's the point. Yes, in a perfect world, we would trade him for Seymour or Ngata. Not happening though.

What you'll get for Lloyd is a 3rd round pick max. So you're making a pretty big gamble that this 3rd rounder will fix a hole in our defense. And another gamble that Thomas will match Lloyd's production. I'd rather keep the sure bet.
            Exactly. The thought process that leads a person to think we should trade Lloyd is the same thought process that dictates not giving up a high pick for him: he's relatively old and very possibly a one-year wonder.
            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
              A 2nd...

A guess time will tell
              99.99999% chance, we won't get higher than a 3rd for Orton.

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                Exactly. The thought process that leads a person to think we should trade Lloyd is the same thought process that dictates not giving up a high pick for him: he's relatively old and very possibly a one-year wonder.
                Which is why I keep saying you trade for a player, not a pick. This happens all the time and is much more likely than getting a 2nd for Lloyd.

Seattle traded Petersen to Detroit for Redding, both teams got what they wanted and both players at the time were considered about 3rd round value.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                  All the Orton doubters said that Simms would beat him out for starter in 2009. Then they said that he'd lose the job when Hillis was traded for Quinn. After the Tebow draft, they said he'd be traded before OTAs. Then they pointed to Kyle having to sign a low-ball, one-year tender as proof he was gone. When McD was fired, it was predicted by those doubters that KO would follow immediately.

Yet it took TWO RIB INJURIES before Kyle was asked to even sit down.

Now these same doubters are all proclaiming that Orton will be traded before the draft.

Seriously, get a grip. KO isn't as easy to get rid of as you guys keep hoping. Tebow will have to beat out a HEALTHY Kyle Orton to genuinely win the starting QB position in Denver. And Kyle has a track record of making that difficult...

:orton:
                  Don't hate on the 8!

Follow your own advice........
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                    Here you go again with this nonsense you dont know anything to be making such claims . If everytime you are called out for saying something stupid that person is only a fan of a certain player well then you must think you are the only Broncos fan in the world .

I talk down to clowns who think they know enough because they post on the internet to be using someone as "examples" .

Im a broncos fan and if you post something I dont agree with Ill give my opinion on it if you dont like it well then stop posting. You can try and place me in your lil box of excuses for your flimsy posting but your actions speak for themselves.

I dont recall anyone every saying Orton is perfect but thats your defense for this nonsense ?

All you can do is speak for yourself when you decide to speak for others all you can do is make yourself look foolish .

the door is riiiiiiiiiight there buddy -------> Follow your man-crush out it. :wave:

"flimsy posting"

I could barely get through yours, it doesn't even make sense. You don't know me or anything im about.

Have you ever posted in a thread that wasn't about Kyle Orton?

Exactly.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                      All the Orton doubters said that Simms would beat him out for starter in 2009. Then they said that he'd lose the job when Hillis was traded for Quinn. After the Tebow draft, they said he'd be traded before OTAs. Then they pointed to Kyle having to sign a low-ball, one-year tender as proof he was gone. When McD was fired, it was predicted by those doubters that KO would follow immediately.

Yet it took TWO RIB INJURIES before Kyle was asked to even sit down.

Now these same doubters are all proclaiming that Orton will be traded before the draft.

Seriously, get a grip. KO isn't as easy to get rid of as you guys keep hoping. Tebow will have to beat out a HEALTHY Kyle Orton to genuinely win the starting QB position in Denver. And Kyle has a track record of making that difficult...

:orton:
                      Don't hate on the 8!
                      Sadly, the situation is that it was not Orton's play that got him benched - it was his injury. The situation however is that Orton is unpopular with most of the fans, he has had a very good year personally, but also been part of the cause for a couple of lost games.

Orton will not be a starter again for the Broncos unless Tebow is hurt and he comes out and blows him away, or it Tebow gets an extreme slump. Kyle Orton is better served by being traded - as he will be undermined by disgrunted fans if he takes the place of Tebow. When he throws an incomplete or an int. he will be booed mercilessly.

Orton will be traded sometime before mid season 2011 - unless something extreme happens. It will not be Ortons abilities that will determine his fate but the fact that he is not Tebow and cannot compete in a popularity contest.

And I agree - don't hate on :orton:

Comment

• With our dearth of draft picks this year, I think KO is gone before the draft or on draft day. No hate...just my opinion.
                        Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                        Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                        "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                        Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                          You obviously have never suffered a rib injury. I have. How does a rib injury
                          inhibit physical activity? Start with breathing. It is hard to even breathe. But
                          throwing the ball? You've got to be kidding.

I don't know how Kyle threw the ball at all, other than just sheer guts. Of course
                          he couldn't throw as crisply, as accurately, with as much velocity. That had to
                          be absolutely excruciating for him. But after he played for 1½ years on high
                          ankle sprains and was passing the ball a week after suffering a compound
                          dislocation of his index (guiding) finger on his throwing hand, I'm not surprised.

That you don't think those injuries should have an effect on a QB shows you
                          know little about the mechanics of it. Kyle's own numbers show it: when he
                          was healthy and when he played hurt. There was a dramatic difference.
                          Those who have been there know this. It isn't debatable.

-----
                          I agree completely and gave you cp for it.

I have actually wondered why anyone didn't notice Kyle played well all year then he suddenly starts throwing at wrs feet and playing poorly. He didn't just suddenly suck... Heres hoping there is a open compitition next training camp with the new coach and my the best QB win. It is whats best for the team.
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Orton will not compete for the starting job

LOL @ some of you guys

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                              So the writer flat out admits that Orton "isn't a franchise QB" but thinks he's worth a first? I would trade aorton for a fifth without blinking an eye, if we were offered a first it would be the crime of the century.
                              I feel the same way!The good thing is most people do not watch the Denver games from start to finish like us.They probable judge by highlights and stats.I think we can get a late 2nd maybe or early 3rd.That is what I am hoping for anyways.

Comment

• Kyle Orton will bring us many valuable picks

Interesting read on the Whiteherst trade and many other QB trades in the NFL.

http://www.nasorb.com/2010/03/29/the...d-after-all-3/

Looking at this...We will clean up in this trade!!!

Top this off with a possible lockout (No contact with players) and a veteran QB becomes even more valuable.
                                If you even dream of beating us you'd better wake up and apologize.

Comment

Working...
                                X