No announcement yet.

Kyle Orton Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Post: "Orton's yards not translating into wins." Orton dislikes his benching.

The only thing that makes me sad is I really like Orton.. I think if he was put into a winning system such as Pittsburg or New England he'd be a monster.. But then again those systems are winning because of the Quarterbacks in place. Here is what I found at Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16925039

Just four months after signing a contract extension that included $8.1 million in guaranteed money and saying Denver "is a place I want to be," Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton believes he's been swept to the curb. Rookie Tim Tebow has replaced him, not only for Sunday's game, but most likely for good. Orton, who sat out last Sunday's game at Oakland because of a rib injury, said Wednesday he believes he will be healthy enough to play the final two games but has been told Tebow will get the nod. "I'd love to play it out," Orton said. "It wasn't my decision. There was nothing I could do. . . . The way it was presented to me was he'll be the starter the rest of the season and that's just how it goes."

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
      Per Lindsey Jones (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

Has Orton never commented on other guys' play? Sound like sour grapes to me. The guy has been Orton's backup all year, the least he could do was give the Rookie a little props.

Of course maybe I'm reading a little too much into this but I'm just curious as to why he can't give a fellow player props, especially when it's due.
      Fair question.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mray View Post
        Sour grapes...totally unprofessional.

Someone get KO some cheese to go with that whine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          He's staying out of it the way a professional should. There's no "right" answer to the question - it was a loaded question and Lindsey really disappointed me with that tactic.

Orton did the right thing.
          This. ^^

-----

Comment

• well he has to understand we had to see what we had in TT...

What an idiot. Guess what, despite what everyone thinks. I think we keep him here next year. ANd he and TT can battle it out. If Kyle thinks he should be and deserves to be the starter, then he can put his money were his pout is.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              He's staying out of it the way a professional should. There's no "right" answer to the question - it was a loaded question and Lindsey really disappointed me with that tactic.

Orton did the right thing.
              Actually he should have said that Tebow has looked good so far for a rookie, and that he is happy to be able to help him any way he can. In practice, on gameday, or in any other way he could.

THAT, would have been the truly professional way to handle it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                Actually he should have said that Tebow has looked good so far for a rookie, and that he is happy to be able to help him any way he can. In practice, on gameday, or in any other way he could.

THAT, would have been the truly professional way to handle it.
                It's easy to say what somebody else should have done, isn't it?

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  well he has to understand we had to see what we had in TT...

What an idiot. Guess what, despite what everyone thinks. I think we keep him here next year. ANd he and TT can battle it out. If Kyle thinks he should be and deserves to be the starter, then he can put his money were his pout is.
                  Exactly, he wants to be a starter? He needs to come in and earn it! Not with yards or even points. He has to earn it with wins. Because at this point Tebow ALMOST has as many wins this season as Orton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                    The only thing that makes me sad is I really like Orton.. I think if he was put into a winning system such as Pittsburg or New England he'd be a monster.. But then again those systems are winning because of the Quarterbacks in place. Here is what I found at Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16925039
                    At this stage, does anyone really care what Orton thinks or how he feels?
                    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post

-----
                      I'm not sure of your intention with that question, but in this case, yes. It's very easy. Teammates and pro athletes should show comradarie and professionalism.
                      When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post

-----
                        Except the thread is not about me, is it?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                          At this stage, does anyone really care what Orton thinks or how he feels?
                          I still personally like Orton, I hope does well and shuts up a lot of nay-sayers wherever he goes.

Comment

• Orton's not sticking around. With all of the teams out there looking for a solid QB, you can guarantee that he'll be shipped out and we'll get good value for him. I liked Orton before he became a Bronco, so wherever he may go, I hope he has success. Except when he plays the Broncos
                            RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                            :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                              Except the thread is not about me, is it?
                              Sorry. I really meant that generically toward all of us. I shouldn't have quoted you..

Originally posted by wayninja View Post
                              I'm not sure of your intention with that question, but in this case, yes. It's very easy. Teammates and pro athletes should show comradarie and professionalism.
                              As Alastor mentioned, it was an awkward answer to a loaded question. It
                              was a one-liner off the top. It was not a well thought out, prepared speech.
                              I'm sure Kyle appreciates our telling him how to respond.

He should have more respect than that for us

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                                Orton's not sticking around. With all of the teams out there looking for a solid QB, you can guarantee that he'll be shipped out and we'll get good value for him. I liked Orton before he became a Bronco, so wherever he may go, I hope he has success. Except when he plays the Broncos
                                Agreed!

Watch him go to Minnesota with a new Coach and tear it up with Sidney Rice and AP

Comment

Working...
                                X