Kyle Orton Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    And just how was that little remark adding fuel, and to what fire?

It seems people here are blowing up the whole issue to something that it is not . . .

-----
    Actually for me it isn't really a big deal at all.

The episode does show that Kyle is ticked off at Tebow's success, and subsequent elevation to the starting role. Which is, a GOOD THING that he's upset by it. I *want* this sort of thing to fire up whoever it happens to. I want that kind of passion to be "the man" from EVERY Bronco player, no matter what position or where they are at on the depth chart, or why they are where they are on it.

But all that said, Kyle did not handle the question as well as he could have. He could have handled it far worse though.

This isnt really a big deal. However, it isnt a nothing deal either. It is IMO, something worth watching to see if anything further develops. It could become a big deal, if Kyle stays with the team, or it could just fade away to nothing.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
      Actually for me it isn't really a big deal at all.

The episode does show that Kyle is ticked off at Tebow's success, and subsequent elevation to the starting role. Which is, a GOOD THING that he's upset by it. I *want* this sort of thing to fire up whoever it happens to. I want that kind of passion to be "the man" from EVERY Bronco player, no matter what position or where they are at on the depth chart, or why they are where they are on it.

But all that said, Kyle did not handle the question as well as he could have. He could have handled it far worse though.

This isnt really a big deal. However, it isnt a nothing deal either. It is IMO, something worth watching to see if anything further develops. It could become a big deal, if Kyle stays with the team, or it could just fade away to nothing.
      It won't become a big deal with Tebow, I'm sure. He strikes me as a young
      man who displays his scriptural references, then he backs them up by being
      a kind person who is not easily offended - as he said in a presser, he just
      answers the smack with "God bless." And I'll bet when someone apologizes to
      him, he shows his faith by being kind and forgiving.

And I'm sure Kyle may not have even meant his remark the way it came out.
      We all have done that, haven't we? Was he only trying to dismiss the issue
      because he didn't want to talk about it? If so, I don't think I would, either. To
      go from playing at a Pro Bowl level, threatening passing records, being selected
      as Offensive Player of the Week abruptly to second string principally because
      he suffered shoulder and rib injuries would be pretty hard for me to take, I
      believe. So I would probably have some sort of "no comment" response at
      that point, too . . . and I'm not sure I would have been any less awkward
      about it . . .

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by MGBRONCO View Post
        He does not have the physical or leadership skills. He threw for lots of yards, OK, not enough wins and he shows no upside.

Its the same old story about potential, but it never materializes.

If you throw all the time, with receivers like Lloyd, Royal, Gaffney, Thomas you will rack up the stats...

He should be thanking Denver for paying him, and giving him a stage to throw for those yards. Without this opportunity he makes millions less and has a shorter career.

Theres no need for Kyle in Denver.
        It hurts but you are right.. I love Kyle.. but he has no leadership ethic. I do believe he can lead a group of boyscouts through the woods but he can't lead a football team. And he has potential to win games.. but he doesn't live up to it.

I'm a firm believer of the "There is no I in TEAM" but we all can see that when Orton quits he really quits.. Tebow can get our team pumped on the other hand and show some mile high magic which we haven't seen since the Plummer era

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe View Post
          And I'm sure Kyle may not have even meant his remark the way it came out.
          We all have done that, haven't we? Was he only trying to dismiss the issue
          because he didn't want to talk about it? If so, I don't think I would, either. To
          go from playing at a Pro Bowl level, threatening passing records, being selected
          as Offensive Player of the Week abruptly to second string principally because
          he suffered shoulder and rib injuries would be pretty hard for me to take, I
          believe. So I would probably have some sort of "no comment" response at
          that point, too . . . and I'm not sure I would have been any less awkward
          about it . . .

-----
          My gut tells me that you are correct, but not in the way you mean. I think he said no comment to avoid saying something contrite and bitter. Had he spoken his mind this would probably be a much bigger deal.

The bottom line here is that as a QB and leader you need at least make it appear like you are selfless and anything to help the team is what you want to do. The problem here is that Orton is not coming off that way.

Could it have been worse? Sure, but still not good. Honestly I think Orton hurts himself more than anyone by not appearing to be a team player.
          When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Orton's, and I've been asking for his benching for a while, but I don't really see the big deal here..while it would be nice for him to say something good about his current teammate, let's be real here..this guy took his job, Orton potentially has very little time left to do anything in the NFL..

Orton had a cushy job in Denver..he got to stat-pad on a horrible team, get his bonuses up from the incentives in his contract, all while playing with very little pressure..now, he has to watch a rookie QB on the field, while the Broncos will more than likely look away from him..

Even the classiest guys would have a tough time reacting positively..

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
              well he has to understand we had to see what we had in TT...

What an idiot. Guess what, despite what everyone thinks. I think we keep him here next year. ANd he and TT can battle it out. If Kyle thinks he should be and deserves to be the starter, then he can put his money were his pout is.
              Well what scares me about that is that in practice in a controlled environment it does not surprise me because of Orton's experience he looks better than Tebow. So say he beats Tebow out because of this and gets the starting nod. Then he puts up lots of yards and the coaches feel, just like this year, well we can't bench Orton as he's doing good. I just don't like that scenario.

From what I've seen of Orton this year with all his years of experience and what I've seen of Tebow in just two starts, come game day give me Tebow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGBRONCO View Post
                He does not have the physical or leadership skills. He threw for lots of yards, OK, not enough wins and he shows no upside.

Its the same old story about potential, but it never materializes.

If you throw all the time, with receivers like Lloyd, Royal, Gaffney, Thomas you will rack up the stats...

He should be thanking Denver for paying him, and giving him a stage to throw for those yards. Without this opportunity he makes millions less and has a shorter career.

There's no need for Kyle in Denver.
                I don't agree that Kyle shouldn't be upset (and I know you didn't say that, its just a general comment). Think of the uphill battle and the challenges to his starting role he's faced. From the Boo'ing at the Invesco scrimmage, to the Quinn trade to drafting TT he's worked to keep his starting job. A guy can only put up with so much before he gets fed up and his resolve cracks.

That said, I really like the way you are choosing to look at his career in Denver. It is the best way to view it and I think you are correct in that he got a great platform to earn more money and lengthen his career. And I agree that (while I like him) it's probably best if he plays elsewhere (like Miami - I hear that Brandon Marshall isnt happy with Chad Henne).
                Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Kyle is awesome in practice...Kyle's problem is GAMES aren't practice, and Kyle is a choker when it counts until he proves otherwise. There were a few games where I was really pulling for Kyle to pull off a 4th qtr. comeback.

Kyle can cry sour grapes all he wants, but if he brought his A game in the final 2 minutes, a few of the games would have had different results, and the BRoncos wouldn't have such a bad record. Tim Tebow has 1/3 of the wins in 2 games that Kyle had in 13 games! That is terrible..

Since Broncos fans were CLAMORING for Tebow when Kyle was sucking, I think it would be pretty bad to put Kyle back in as starter, even next year. The guy would get booed off the field, and while I just don't think he can cut the mustard, I don't think he deserves that. Trade him, get some value for him, wish him luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Talked to Orton in the locker room. He declined to talk about Tebow's 2 starts. "I don't comment on other guys' play," Orton said.

Cool, Kyle. :thumb:
                    Orton shows his true color and ultimately is green or lack of it once he is back to being a back up.
                    Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

• Wouldn't it be more fun if Orton started taking shots at Tebow?

"Well, since you asked Lindsay I thought his throwing motion was horrible and he looked slower than Vick."

Also, Orton starts trying to mess Tebow up during a play, like when they yelled "miss it!!" in Caddyshack.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Just because everyone else slurps all over Tebow doesn't mean Orton has to.

He was the starter, and he lost his job. Of course he's pissed. "No comment" means exactly that. But because he won't "give Tebow his props" he has a bad attitude?

These people...lol
                        lol first off I dont think Ive heard Orton ever comment on any of the other qbs on the team. Not Simms not TB not Quinn not Tebow in camp or otherwise so why would he start now .

Why would you comment on the play of someone who you are in competition for a job with ?

How many times has Tebow commented on Ortons play ? How many times have you seen a reporter go " hey Tim Orton threw for 400 yards today how did he look out there ? " You simply dont ask those types of questions to Qbs .
                        "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate
                          Beyond dumb ......

By others player he means qbs on the team . Orton has commented on a individual player from every opponent we faced every week as a bronco anyone who actually follows this team should know that .

But he has yet to CRITIQUE Tebow or any other Bronco qb performance at all since his time here . Some of you guys hate him so much I have a hard time believing you ever cheered for this team while he started .
                          Really? So if KO8 gets traded to the Cardinals or the 49ers are you going to still be here on these boards rooting for Denver? Oh and Peerless is actually pretty darn smart. In fact, he's smart enough to see KO8 getting traded away, he was smart enough to see Mcd get fired, and I'm pretty certain he knows more about Denver football than most of the Kyle Orton bandwagoners.
                          sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                            Wouldn't it be more fun if Orton started taking shots at Tebow?

"Well, since you asked Lindsay I thought his throwing motion was horrible and he looked slower than Vick."

Also, Orton starts trying to mess Tebow up during a play, like when they yelled "miss it!!" in Caddyshack.
                            You know "Purdue doesn't roll like that"

Comment

• Orton comes across as surly and bitter in his words and body language.
                              It has nothing to do with being a competitor, not wanting to compliment his replacement. Give me a break. Dont just read his words.Look at the video and you will see what a jerk he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
                                Um . . . the Broncos were down by 23 points, going into the 4th quarter against
                                St. Louis, and Kyle quarterbacked the Broncos to three TDs in that 4th quarter.
                                Just saying . . .

-----
                                The best QB's would never let you get down by that many points in the first place. You think that Michael Vick *not playing injured* would let someone get that far behind without making a comeback? What about Tom Brady?
                                sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Working...
                                X