I Got My Question Answer Baby!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got My Question Answer Baby!!!

the elam question!!!! its my first question ever getting answered!!!!!

Zach Ballard, Pace, FL:
    What were you thinking when Mike called for the 63-yard field goal?

Jason Elam:
    When I went out there the first time, it was going to be from 58. Mike wanted to let the clock run all the way down to four seconds or whatever it might have been so that if I missed Jacksonville wouldn't have any time left to run a play. If Jacksonville had used their time out, I would have never have been given the opportunity to try the kick. When the clock ticked all the way down, we took the delay of game penalty, and it drove it back five yards. I looked over to Mike, and he had taken his headset off. It was obvious he was done calling plays. He motioned for us to stay out there, and as we got set, Tom Rouen, my holder looked up at me and said, "Hey, you know this is for the record, right?" The crowd knew it. They got really, really loud. It was a really fun experience, and it's something that I'll never forget. After I made the kick, Sharpe brought the ball back to me, and I'll never forget seeing Elway, Byron Chamerblain and the whole team running out after me.

nice westie, i remember that game like it was yesterday, i was like OMG i cant believe what i just saw.
    Blet

Comment

i just always thought it was rigged so i couldnt get my question answered BUT I GUESS NOT!!!!! i was always a good sport and still sent in my question just in case

Comment

i may have been just 8...but damn, i remember it like it was yesturday too....week 8, vs. the jags....same game davis went over 1,000 yards for the mid season wasnt it...

Comment

i thought it was in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
            dont think so

Comment

Nope I recorded that game... That year we played the Jets and Phins in the playoffs.
              sigpic

Comment

i could have sworn it was because that was the year we got revenge on jacksonville from our previous years loss...

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                  Nope I recorded that game... That year we played the Jets and Phins in the playoffs.
                  no that was the year after that....we played jacksonville and pittsburgh...i got it taped...the next year we played the phins and jets

Comment

no that was the year after that....we played jacksonville and pittsburgh...i got it taped...the next year we played the phins and jets
                    Well, Elam broke the record when we won our 2nd superbowl.
                    sigpic

Comment

no it was the 1st super bowl

Comment

Nope, it was in the playoffs, we were hosting the wild card game, we beat the jags, then we went to K.C, then we played the steelers in the AFC Championship game. the kick was made in the wild card game aginst the jags...the next year we had homefield advantage and took out miami , then the jets in the AFC championship game.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU SHIVERMAN!!!!!! I WIN!

Comment

i dont think so, im pretty sure, it was week 7 or 8 vs the jags, in the second superbowl year

Comment

NO!

Comment

Working...
                              X