Re: Can we beat the elite teams...

Originally posted by DBattack
    well we are definately a top 5 team this year. I rank us 4th

1.Eagles
    2.Patriots
    3.Colts
    4.Broncos
    5.Vikings

but do you think we can go through the playoffs and beat the Pats or beat the Colts, and then we have to beat the Eagles. I belive if we dont have a wild card we go to the super bowl. That means Indy has to LOSE to us when we play. We will both have even records when time comes around.

what do you guys think?
    I do not think the Vikings are that good..All they can do is throw deep to Randy Moss..If this injury to Moss is seriouse enough to keep him out the rest of the season, then the Vikings season will go down hill, just like it did last year towards the ladder part of the season..Especially with Bennet out with his injury and Onterrio out on suspension..Here is my top 5..

1) Patriots
    2) Eagles
    3) Broncos
    4) Colts
    5) Falcons

I think we can beat the Eagles, put Champ on Owens, and I think we have a good shot at them, I know we can beat the Colts, there defense isnt looking to hot, ours is, and we will find out soon if we can contain Vick and beat his Falcons..

Comment

I'm not yet impressed with the Patriots. They are not significantly improved from last year when the broncos almost beat them with a second-string QB and a defense with a much weaker pass D. Broncos have a better Defense than Pats and a better offense.

I think the broncos *current* run game could give the Colts fits! Colts D near the bottom in NFL. Broncos offense plenty strong enough to mangle Colts D and Broncos D (both ground and air) could keep Colts Offense in check. I like the odds here!

I agree that Vikings offense, while racking up yards, is one-dimensional. Take away Moss and the body will fall! Broncos offense can put up pts. on viking D. I like odds here too!

Eagles look tough to me. Looks like Owens has made a huge improvement in their offense, however their run game hasn't been that tough. Their D has been solid in past, but not as dominant this year. Broncos can score on Philly D and what happens to their offense if Champ can shut down Owens??
      I think broncos can take them.

On paper right now, the broncos look like a VERY tough team to play--on both sides of the ball. IF Reuben keeps rolling along and Trevor gets back after the bye week this could be a frightening team to face. They could beat you up on D or run over you on offense. We haven't faced the toughest teams yet, but who knew that before the season started??? We've already faced 3 playoff teams from last year, one of whom went to the SB! After the Oakland game, Denver will again be top D in league (based on yards) and could be near/at top in points allowed. All this w/o Trevor.

Go Broncos!

Comment

Re: Can we beat the elite teams...

Originally posted by DBattack
        . We will both have even records when time comes around.

what do you guys think?
        What -I - think is, you should do something more productive with those prophetic abilities, like tell me whether pork bellies & crude oil are going to hit record highs or lows.

T777
        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Re: Re: Can we beat the elite teams...

Originally posted by Trench777
          What -I - think is, you should do something more productive with those prophetic abilities, like tell me whether pork bellies & crude oil are going to hit record highs or lows.

T777
          Crude oil is going to shoot up to insane prices, but that is off topic so let's get back to the subject on hand.

The Eagles are good, but they have the curse of losing at the NFC championship games.

Colts are very good at offense, but they too have a playoff curse.

I don't think the Viks have what it takes to make it all the way.

Patriots are the only ones I would worry about.
          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
            Doesn't matter the eagles always lose their last game of the year.
            Bwahahaha .. burn baby, burn.
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

If you think that any team is incapable of winning a particular game, then I think you need to start watching football on Sundays instead of Saturdays.

Eagles can beat the Broncos, Broncos can beat the Eagles. Same thing goes for every other team in the league.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Eagles will be the ones to beat in the NFC.

They are fundementally strong in all areas, except they lost their RB and both starting CB's last year all due to the cap. They picked up major help at WR and DE.

If they find a decent replacement for Duece and their Newbie CB's gather exprience they will be difficult to beat.

Comment

The key is homecourt. Homecourt in the NFL, much like the NBA, has a significant factor in deciding wins/losses. The Broncos, therefore, needs to take advantage of their relatively easy schedule. Those two games against the Colts and Patriots near the end of the year will have significant impact on the seedings. Interesting both games are on our turf, so perhaps this is our year.

Comment

Of Course We're an elite team. However, we're not going to be tops until someone knocks off the Pats. The way I see it, we should be 13-3 at the end of the year with the only trouble spots being the Colts at the end of the year and maybe the Falcons or Texans (hey, they're playing good ball right now)

Comment

i think we can beat the falcons because michael vick havent grasps the west coast offense yet...............but they still have vick though............... i am not really worried about the colts cuz even we lose everyone expects us to lose to them i am more worried about the texans,chiefs ,saints, and chargers because we have a hard time against teams that is weaker than us
                      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X