No announcement yet.

Eddie Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say trade him. his only value right now is in the return game.

love him as a player and as a person, but i think there is value to be had in a trade

(that said, i'm not against keeping him either. just gotta do whatever we can to start building this team up again with draft picks, etc.)

Comment

Keep him he made alot of great plays give him 1 more year see how it gose and if he still is not a leading WR like i think he should and very well could be then consider trading him.
      Thank you GO BRONCOS

Luck....HAHA who needs it when we have skill.

sigpic

Comment

trust me, I know how good of a player he really can be...

Comment

I think royal is too valuable to trade, a lot of his non-production can be attributed to McD. He is our best PR as well.. and this draft is loaded with WR's, meaning I don't think we would get much in return for him.

Comment

I say keep him. Orton's inability to check down to other receivers was Royal's downfall.

Comment

I think we're really not utilizing him like we should. While Lloyd has been fantastic, I think Royal should be seeing the ball thrown to him a lot more. We have a good receiver group and I think with Tebow getting more time to work with all of them, we could have the makings of a pretty potent offense. We obviously need some tight ends that can catch and do some blocking. I'd be excited to see us in some formations with Tebow in shotgun with our crop of receivers streaking across the fiefld. It should give opponents quite a lot to think about and provide some chances for Tebow to punch it up the field himself when needed.

I'm not a fan of trying to force everyone to play against their strengths. The shotgun worked great for Elway frequently and I think it may work even better for Tebow. The reason I mention this is because I think it could also help Tebow see his receivers like Royal better and have more time to get the ball to them and see where they are heading until it is a bit more instinctual to him.
              sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

Eddie is a great player. His rookie year is just an example of what he can do when you put some of your game plan into him.(the exact opposite of what McD did)

If we do indeed trade Eddie, expect to see another Hillis debacle. Trade talented player so he can go and succeed and outperform his replacement. It's what we do best.

Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, only one that we really successfully replaced was Bmarsh with Lloyd.

Comment

I agree, I don't think Eddie's lack of production has been completely his fault. It would help if he could avoid getting bunched up at the line, but he just hasn't been looked much or used in enough designed plays. The guy's got speed and we don't take advantage of it enough.
                  When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Keep him. I played against him in high school. I know what he could do. We lost that game 59 -7. They just need to give him more passes. He can always make those big plays!
                    “Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality,” Elway said. “He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. John has coached great defenses, turned teams around and been to Super Bowls.”

Kyle Orton Army #148 :orton:

Comment

Steady Eddie

Eddie should not go any where. He has a good head on his shoulders. He became lost in the chaos. He was not really lost. He is a good receiver in a group of goo receivers...that is not a problem
                      :thumb:
                      Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by vaballer23 View Post
                        Keep him. I played against him in high school. I know what he could do. We lost that game 59 -7. They just need to give him more passes. He can always make those big plays!
                        This makes sense, the Broncos are playing like a decent high school team at the moment.
                        When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Haha true all I'm saying is that he can make big plays and still is young and could help us in the long run!
                          “Coach Fox is a great fit for us not only with his coaching ability but also with his personality,” Elway said. “He is a dynamic and proven leader who will energize our entire organization. John has coached great defenses, turned teams around and been to Super Bowls.”

Kyle Orton Army #148 :orton:

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                            Now as most of you know, Eddie's numbers have been not so good in the last two years.
                            My questions are these:

His role for next year(what it is or should be)?

Can he improve?

Finally
                            Should we trade him(reasons why)?

Thanks and I'll give my answers later on.
                            One word, NO on the trade

Any other coach OTHER then MCD will utilize Eddie properly.

Comment

Totally agree that he should stay.

We've all seen what he's capable of when the person tossing the rock isn't zero'd in one target (B-Marsh, B-Lloyd). When he's given an opportunity to survive, he shines.

He single-handedly brought us back in the St. Louis game on that last drive. McDaniels seemed hell bent on using him for terrible screen passes, terrible reverses, and generally terrible routes.

Comment

I like Eddy but I think he is good trade bait. Decker is better in the slot and returning anyhow and we are deep at receiver.
                                Last edited by biglig; 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM.
                                "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Working...
                                X