Eddie Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    only one that we really successfully replaced was Bmarsh with Lloyd.

I dont really agree with that. Llyod was a great addition this year but his YAC is horrible. Llyod loved to sit down on routs and avoid contact after the catch, Bmarsh brought some serious punishment to opposing teams secondary after the catch

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
      I think royal is too valuable to trade, a lot of his non-production can be attributed to McD. He is our best PR as well.. and this draft is loaded with WR's, meaning I don't think we would get much in return for him.
      ^This

Eddie Royal is an absolutely FANTASTIC receiver and return man on this team, and his production is 100% attributable to the way in which he was utilized (or lack there of) by McDaniels.

Don't forget, he had more catches than any other rookie in NFL HISTORY, save Anquaan Boldin. That's not bad company to be in.

And how can we forget when he returned BOTH a punt AND a kick-off for touchdowns against the San Diego Chargers last season? He was the reason why we won that game.

Eddie Royal, even under Josh McDaniels, still made some fantastic plays. But it's hard to be consistent when you are not consistently on the field or being used properly. I for one think that Royal is an incredibly underrated player here, and I can't WAIT to see him bounce back this coming season and turn into one of our very best wide receivers. The kid has insane talent, smarts, and athletic ability that just needs to be harnessed by a respectable coach who knows what he's doing.

Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        I dont really agree with that. Llyod was a great addition this year but his YAC is horrible. Llyod loved to sit down on routs and avoid contact after the catch, Bmarsh brought some serious punishment to opposing teams secondary after the catch
        Lloyd had more yards and TD's though. Also his YPC was higher.

I'd say Lloyd had a better year...but he may be a one year wonder who knows.

Comment

Have said this in many other threads including 2 other Eddie Royal threads started in the past 10 days.

We need to trade Royal. I see the Bears having serious offensive problems in the playoffs. Part of it is their OL and the other part is their horrible WRs.

We have Decker and DT who imo could start right now. Pair them up with Lloyd. Get a pass catching TE. There is no room left for Royal on the team.

Pretty sure we can get a 2nd round pick from the Bears for Eddie, it will be a late 2nd but we should do it. Pretty sure other teams will enter the bidding but we can get more from the Bears.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Have said this in many other threads including 2 other Eddie Royal threads started in the past 10 days.

We need to trade Royal. I see the Bears having serious offensive problems in the playoffs. Part of it is their OL and the other part is their horrible WRs.

We have Decker and DT who imo could start right now. Pair them up with Lloyd. Get a pass catching TE. There is no room left for Royal on the team.

Pretty sure we can get a 2nd round pick from the Bears for Eddie, it will be a late 2nd but we should do it. Pretty sure other teams will enter the bidding but we can get more from the Bears.
            Eddie is a great person and player and has all the skillset to become the next top receiver. However like so many of you mentioned before, a lot of his production was hampered by not utilizing him effectively. While it would just break my heart to trade away Eddie and I would be severely disappointed in the decision, if that allows us to pick a promising player to improve other aspects of our team so be it.

I believe we have a solid crew of receivers but I do think that we will be putting an emphasis on running the ball more so our depth at WR is not as crucial as some other places. Out of our top 5 receivers: Llyod, Gaffney, Decker, Thomas, and Royal. I think we should try and get value out of trading Gaffney or Decker. I am still not completely sold on Decker yet and we would would have 3 very similar mold of receivers in Llyod, Thomas, and Decker. Eddie can bring provide something different to the table as he is more of a possession receiver and can be our version of Wes Welker.

Washington may also be another suitor as it was Shanny who drafted him in the first place.

Thoughts?
            Advocate: Pistol Formation

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

sigpic
            Eddie Royal!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoy View Post
              Eddie is a great person and player and has all the skillset to become the next top receiver. However like so many of you mentioned before, a lot of his production was hampered by not utilizing him effectively. While it would just break my heart to trade away Eddie and I would be severely disappointed in the decision, if that allows us to pick a promising player to improve other aspects of our team so be it.

I believe we have a solid crew of receivers but I do think that we will be putting an emphasis on running the ball more so our depth at WR is not as crucial as some other places. Out of our top 5 receivers: Llyod, Gaffney, Decker, Thomas, and Royal. I think we should try and get value out of trading Gaffney or Decker. I am still not completely sold on Decker yet and we would would have 3 very similar mold of receivers in Llyod, Thomas, and Decker. Eddie can bring provide something different to the table as he is more of a possession receiver and can be our version of Wes Welker.

Washington may also be another suitor as it was Shanny who drafted him in the first place.

Thoughts?
              Seems for Eddie to be effective, with Orton atleast, we had to design plays for him. This is not that bad but I do not think Decker or DT would have the same issues.

I think Decker's trade value would maybe be 3rd most likely a 4th or 5th. Also I think Decker is the better overall WR then Eddie personally. Think Decker will make more tough catchers but I think Eddie is quicker and will make more yards after the catch but atm I do not see those skills being worth the difference. Eddie is fast and quick but not as quick as he needs to be (like Jackson in Philly for ex)

Eddie probably has more overall value because his return game is better then Decker's but we have other options at the return game.

Also we will have Decker under his rookie contract for a few more years while soon we are going to have to pay Royal.

Combine all this together and I think Royal needs to go. Great guy but it is just the best move for the team imo. :2cents:
              Last edited by Hadez; 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Once Royal gets more chances, he will shine. He didn't have too bad of a season.

He just needs chemistry with a QB. He fit PERFECT in Mike Shannahan's scheme in 08. Since then, he's changed offensive schemes 3 times. he went to the "New England" offense in 09 and then a spread in 2010. You'd have to be like Andre Johnson to be able to be productive after changing offensive schemes every year
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                  Now as most of you know, Eddie's numbers have been not so good in the last two years.
                  My questions are these:

His role for next year(what it is or should be)?

Can he improve?

Finally
                  Should we trade him(reasons why)?

Thanks and I'll give my answers later on.
                  You absolutely have to trade him.... He just isn't a good NFL WR. Two years is to long to be making up the same excuses. Some people need to stop letting personal feelings cloud their judgment. The fact is that we don't need him. He isn't good enough on the outside to beat out Lloyd or Gaff, and He sucks in the slot and I doubt if he can beat out Decker....So I say you trade him cause there are teams in this league that think he is a talented player. But in my eyes I have never seen such a fast plays play so small... For all his speed the guy doesn't make plays when he has the ball in his hands.... Trade him for whatever you can get, and if no one offers anything I release him...
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

He's never going to be a 90+ reception 1200+ yard 8+ td guy

More like a 50-70 catch 500-800 yard 3-5 td

I see no problem with that and Love Royal.

Comment

keep Royal trade Gaffney

Comment

Royal is definitely a good player.

He didnt fit into McDummies "system". Sadly his production reflected that.

Once the Broncos decide to get a real coach, Im sure Royal will go back to the way he dominated his rookie year. Hes still very young and if the Broncos decided to trade him I would be pissed.

Comment

A message from Royal

"Next yr we WILL be in the playoffs.. no choice but to make it happen"

Someone is in a ready move, and he has somethings to prove, a few fans want him gone.

But this is from his facebook:http://www.facebook.com/royal19
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

There will never be a good enough reason for me to wanna move royal. Hes a good player who has an even better attitude. I for one am a huge fan :thumb:

Comment

I really like Royal and hope we get him MUCH more involved in the future offense. I think the kid has talent and has a good personality. Basically, I think that he's a good representative Bronco all around.
                              sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

I like the positive energy, I do.... but when the Lions end up having a better record than you; I think you need to think about the overall state of the team before even thinking/guaranteeing playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X