Broncos sign four players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign four players

The Denver Broncos signed four players to reserve/future contracts.

They signed former Boston College and Baltimore Ravens fullback Mike McLaughlin, offensive guards Shawn Murphy and Manuel Ramirez and offensive tackle Herb Taylor to their offseason roster.

Murphy is a former Miami Dolphins fourth-round draft pick.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider
    sigpic

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

They signed former Boston College and Baltimore Ravens fullback Mike McLaughlin, offensive guards Shawn Murphy and Manuel Ramirez and offensive tackle Herb Taylor to their offseason roster.

Murphy is a former Miami Dolphins fourth-round draft pick.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider
    I knew this already, found out yesterday for most of them, earlier this week for the rest, and Manny Ramirez was last week.

Herb Taylor was a good Chiefs linemen, but it's been awhile since those days.
    I remember in Madden he was like a 86-90 rating from 06-10, I think he is a 85 in 11.( I know this is not madden, I was just saying)

Herb is too old so it's not a good pick up, and these are mostly camp buddies and people to fill the roster.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      I knew this already, found out yesterday for most of them, earlier this week for the rest, and Manny Ramirez was last week.

I remember in Madden he was like a 86-90 rating from 06-10, I think he is a 85 in 11.( I know this is not madden, I was just saying)

Herb is too old so it's not a good pick up, and these are mostly camp buddies and people to fill the roster.
      Yep old news I posted about some of these already in the draft section but didnt really create a thread. Herb is probably just going to replace Hochstein most likely. All these players make it easier to focus on key areas in the draft since they are all just depth signings. With the exception of McLaughlin is slower then Spencer and neither are really that quick to react and thats part of the problem. You cant have a lead blocker that 3 steps behind the guy hes trying to protect.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        Yep old news I posted about some of these already in the draft section but didnt really create a thread. Herb is probably just going to replace Hochstein most likely. All these players make it easier to focus on key areas in the draft since they are all just depth signings. With the exception of McLaughlin is slower then Spencer and neither are really that quick to react and thats part of the problem. You cant have a lead blocker that 3 steps behind the guy hes trying to protect.
        I agree about both FB's.
        I like Herb, I just don't see him making the final roster for next season.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

Most likely training camp fodder. Thanks for the update, though. :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't he to small and old to be playing on the offensive line,
            A day to remember: 4-19-1995

Comment

Originally posted by elway 1987 View Post
              Isn't he to small and old to be playing on the offensive line,
              He is actually pretty good, or was. He is very old late 30's I believe. maybe 40.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

He may be able to bring some wisdom to our O-Line which is still young. His experience through camp may be very valuable.
                GO BRONCOS!!

Comment

Herb Taylor is 26 and was drafted in 2007, I'm not sure who you are thinking of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Ta...ican_football)

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Herb Taylor is 26 and was drafted in 2007, I'm not sure who you are thinking of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Ta...ican_football)
                    I got his age mixed up with a different player, but the madden stat is true.

Like I said he is a good player, just undersized.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Shawn Murphy is horrible.I believe he barely made it out of pre-season before he was cut.I would rather have they signed his old man former Atlanta Braves great Dale Murphy.

Comment

Working...
                      X