peter king to clarify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peter king to clarify

To clarify, John Elway never told me he wants to trade Tebow. My report was about how I thought McD, w/QB-needy team, could pursue trade.

http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing
    sigpicremember...."we are the BRONCOS"

To all who blew the story sky high out of proportion, please read this.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
      To all who blew the story sky high out of proportion, please read this.
      That..and I can't see the Vikings orchestrating a trade for Tebow just cause McD says so. McD will be the OC, but he obviously won't have the control to make these moronic trades. Also, I don't see Xanders allowing it after the embarassment of Hillis/Cutler/Marshall trade fiascos.

Comment

remember it was that dink Florio who blew this out of proportion with his headline on Pro football talk

Comment

On air

He needs to say this on air to a national audience.

Comment

Originally posted by 70FAN View Post
            He needs to say this on air to a national audience.
            ^^^^^^^This!
            #swapping

Comment

Okay everybody take a deep breath.

Comment

Won't lie, my heart skipped a beat or two because of this misleading info, I know not to act irrational until it happens, but just the thought of it... Scary.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon
                  He didn't do any vague reporting. Anyone that listened to what he said and has a shred of intelligence knows what he SAID as opposed to what they HEARD him say.

It was pretty simple in the sense that he said he thought if McDaniels ended up with a team that needs a quarterback, that McDaniels might try and make a play for Tebow.

That's what I get for reading a bunch of posts on a message board and not listening to the quote myself.

sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

On air

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor

This kind of surprised me. It sounded like he had inside information, so this bit of bait and switch journalism seems to be out of character for him. Maybe he didn't expect the back-lash, or maybe he did...........
                    This is exactly what needs to flood to NBCSports right now to get them to make Peter King eat his words on air at halftime. Power to the Fans

Comment

He clearly said elway does not believe tim is a good qb and the broncos may be looking to trade him. King had me upset with elway glad he's backtracking

Comment

Originally posted by 70FAN View Post
                        This is exactly what needs to flood to NBCSports right now to get them to make Peter King eat his words on air at halftime. Power to the Fans
                        Glad that he's already clarifying on Twitter, because that shows the amount of support Tebow brings to the Broncos! Excitement is in the air! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Life is more than just winning or losing.

People are not made happy in life by what they acquire, but rather by what they appreciate.

Comment

i could have told you all this, seriously people here need to work on reading comprehension instead of reading what they think they see and going bonkers
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                            He clearly said elway does not believe tim is a good qb and the broncos may be looking to trade him. King had me upset with elway glad he's backtracking
                            Let's go over this again...

He SAID that he talked to Elway and Elway doesn't believe that Tebow is a good NFL quarterback RIGHT NOW. Which actually is true.

He then brought up that McDaniels interviewed with the Vikings and that if he ended up with a team that needs a quarterback, that HE would try and make a play for Tebow.

He never said that Elway was looking to deal Tebow. He never said the Broncos were likely to trade Tebow. He just said that he wouldn't be surprised if McDaniels went after Tebow and that if they were in fact offered a deal they couldn't refuse, they COULD trade Tebow.

Comment

My heart rate still hasn't returned to normal. I about threw up after reading a couple posts, then I went running to the TV to listen to him. What a desperate old gossip, now he's trying to cover his rear end. He's moved up on my hate list almost as high as phil simms.

Comment

Working...
                              X