No announcement yet.

peter king to clarify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this whole thing very comical. The shear concept of Elway not liking Tebow and not wanting him and stating it to the world is totally illogical unless he is a complete fruitcake. How would those trade talks work after that scenario? Think about it. From a business prospective you don't tell the world your eggs are all rotten how many cartons would you like to buy.

I think he said what he meant and everyone already knows. That Tebow is not a proven commodity at this point. Tebow has looked as good if not better in his first three starts than any QB in this class. He, as do the others, is still in training and needs time. I think Elway's comments were an honest evaluation and were used to grab some spotlight. If you think about it, those were almost his exact comments in his presser.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      It's becoming more and more obvious to me that talks of trading any of our quarterbacks are completely premature.

IMO this is clearly leading to a situation in which we retain Tebow AND Orton, and probably even Quinn. I wouldn't expect us to dump any quarterback right now.
      Orton is gone, everybody knows it. I don't see elway coming out and shooting down the rumor that we are asking for a 2nd for Orton.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Elway, at the very least, clearly doesn't think Tebow is ready yet. I think reading between the lines, he has doubts about Tebow's long-term prospects as an NFL quarterback.

So why would you trade a serviceable quarterback in Orton, and put all your cards on Tebow, when you clearly don't trust him completely yet? Plus you factor in the looming lockout, and the fact that Tebow is likely going to be forced to miss valuable practice time...

I'm just saying don't be surprised if Orton stays in Denver through 2011.
        To be backup for $8.4 million? When we can trade him for draft picks to fix the defense? You're reaching here, man. There is no chance Denver retains Orton and Tebow.

All indications, are that Tebow earned the starting job for next year. For how many years after that... we don't know. Orton will be traded for picks, you can bank on it.
        Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          I'm not talking about being dissembling, or non-transparent. Or speaking in non-informative double talk.

I'm talking about choosing your moments. Choosing WHEN it's time to say something.

When you're on a mission to hire a coach, don't detour. Today was an unnecessary distraction.

It's really not the time to be commenting on Orton, Tebow, the roster, or much of anything else. Get a coach.
          I agree, we're trying to attract a coach not drive them away. Gotta choose your battles better and maybe next time watch what you say to the media.

He'll learn, this is really his first go at it we'll see how he is doing this time next year.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            To be backup for $8.4 million? When we can trade him for draft picks to fix the defense? You're reaching here, man. There is no chance Denver retains Orton and Tebow.

All indications, are that Tebow earned the starting job for next year. For how many years after that... we don't know. Orton will be traded for picks, you can bank on it.
            Your right, no way are we keeping orton, as you said he'd be too high priced for a backup.

If for any reason the FO doesn't think tebows going to cut it they will fall back on brady quinn or some yet signed FA.
            sigpic

Comment

Who says Orton is the backup?

I think people are jumping the gun. John Elway won't force the next head coach to play Tim Tebow if the coach feels Tebow's not ready. Elway himself clearly feels Tebow's not ready.

So why would you trade a steady hand in Orton, when you have so many doubts about Tebow?

Like I said, we'll see. No moves will happen until we have a new head coach in place and they're allowed to evaluate film, and give their input.

But based on Elway's remarks regarding Tebow, I just don't see how the Broncos dump Orton at this time.
              sigpic

Comment

Orton is gone, everybody knows it. I don't see elway coming out and shooting down the rumor that we are asking for a 2nd for Orton.
                Keep in mind the trade talks regarding Orton came when the Broncos had an outside shot at Andrew Luck.

With Luck officially out of the picture, don't be shocked if we wind up keeping Orton and Tebow.
                sigpic

Comment

Obviously just looking to make something out of nothing for as many hits as possible....tool.

Comment

The Minnesota beat writers are adding more fuel to this nonsense.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      i could have told you all this, seriously people here need to work on reading comprehension instead of reading what they think they see and going bonkers
                      They really need to take it with a grain of salt everytime they hear this..So and So told So and So that...... Hear say isn't allowed in a Court of Law, why do we put so much store in it??????????????

Comment

• Orton will win the starting job if both QBs are still here in training camp next year, which is why I hope Denver deals one, or both of them.

Ryan Mallett please.

Comment

Working...
                        X