Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You dont have to have the best qb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You dont have to have the best qb

    To win in the NFL...you have to have DEFENSE!!!! Seattle is showing today why just making it to the playoffs is important for a franchise to build something. The Saints defense also played a much different game last year and helped win that Super Bowl. Let Tebow grow and just build a beast defense around him and Denver will be fine. Drew Brees has nice numbers, but has not taken this game over like everyone thought he would. H-Beck played solid and that is all you need with a good D.
    The Train stops here!!

  • #2
    Originally posted by L-TRAIN View Post
    To win in the NFL...you have to have DEFENSE!!!! Seattle is showing today why just making it to the playoffs is important for a franchise to build something. The Saints defense also played a much different game last year and helped win that Super Bowl. Let Tebow grow and just build a beast defense around him and Denver will be fine. Drew Brees has nice numbers, but has not taken this game over like everyone thought he would. H-Beck played solid and that is all you need with a good D.
    Agreed......
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

    Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

    Comment


    • #3
      That's one of my favorite things about Tebow -- his ball control tendencies go perfectly with a dominating defense. He's very protective of the ball, generally speaking. He doesn't tend to fumble, and with his scrambling ability, he usually avoids negative plays.

      When he's paired with a great defense and running game, defeating Tebow is a daunting task.

      That's true in a sense of almost any quarterback, but his skill set matches even more perfectly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry man, but this isn't a bad argument, just a bad example.

        Seattle let up 36 POINTS!!!

        This win had absolutely, positively, NOTHING to do with great defense...

        And everything to do with their QB who threw for 4 TD's with a 133 passer rating.... Sorry man.

        Comment


        • #5
          The key for Seattle was being able to get pressure with their defensive line... The exact reason why we should draft Nick Fairley :thumb:

          Comment


          • #6
            Today isn't a good selling point for defense. They allowed 36 points. Hasselbeck threw 4 tds
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by L-TRAIN View Post
              To win in the NFL...you have to have DEFENSE!!!! Seattle is showing today why just making it to the playoffs is important for a franchise to build something. The Saints defense also played a much different game last year and helped win that Super Bowl. Let Tebow grow and just build a beast defense around him and Denver will be fine. Drew Brees has nice numbers, but has not taken this game over like everyone thought he would. H-Beck played solid and that is all you need with a good D.
              True, but Hasselbach ain't no Dilfer either. He's just been plagued by injuries the past few years. And a decent ground game helps as well. Lynch, Washingon, and Forsett are all pretty good backs that are all more than capable of breaking looooong runs. And ST is also a big part of it. And out of everything in their Cinderella season. The Seahags were very good on ST all season.
              #swapping

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
                Sorry man, but this isn't a bad argument, just a bad example.

                Seattle let up 36 POINTS!!!

                This win had absolutely, positively, NOTHING to do with great defense...

                And everything to do with their QB who threw for 4 TD's with a 133 passer rating.... Sorry man.

                It does have to do with the SAINTS DEFENSE. It shows that you can have Super Genius calling the plays, and it won't win unless you have defense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
                  Sorry man, but this isn't a bad argument, just a bad example.

                  Seattle let up 36 POINTS!!!

                  This win had absolutely, positively, NOTHING to do with great defense...

                  And everything to do with their QB who threw for 4 TD's with a 133 passer rating.... Sorry man.
                  The point is that Hasselback is not better than Drew Brees, but the total lack of pressure from the Saints allowed him to carve up their defense. The sucky defense made Hasselbeck look better than he is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In todays NFL, I completly disagree.

                    11 of the last 14 superbowls were won with an elite Qb.

                    "Defense wins championships" is quickly becoming outdated.

                    The NFL's a passing league first and foremost.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seattle's defense came thru when called upon and made crucial stops. That last td by Brees was garbage points....the game was basically over and Seattle went into a prevent just to let the clock keep running and not to give up the big pass play. So holding NO to 30 is pretty good especially when all they are trying to do is pass!!!
                      The Train stops here!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think it's because of the Seahawks D being able to get Pressure.
                        Something we haven't even been able to do

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think this game is a better example of what the Broncos' goal for next year should be. Whoever the new HC is just needs to sit the fellas down and say, "Hey, we don't have to be the best the first 16, but let's go win our division then be the best for the rest."

                          Ok....... I'm awful at motivational speeches, but the point remains. ALL we should be thinking about is winning our division/getting to the playoffs next year. Look what has happened the past two years for the teams that "just" got in.
                          Don't give up... Don't ever give up

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by L-TRAIN View Post
                            Seattle's defense came thru when called upon and made crucial stops. That last td by Brees was garbage points....the game was basically over and Seattle went into a prevent just to let the clock keep running and not to give up the big pass play. So holding NO to 30 is pretty good especially when all they are trying to do is pass!!!
                            Holding NO to 30 is pretty good? Holding anyone to 30 is pretty bad
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Blondie79

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by InMcDWeTrust View Post
                              Sorry man, but this isn't a bad argument, just a bad example.

                              Seattle let up 36 POINTS!!!

                              This win had absolutely, positively, NOTHING to do with great defense...

                              And everything to do with their QB who threw for 4 TD's with a 133 passer rating.... Sorry man.
                              Completely agree with this

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X