Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Coach Expected to be in Place Next Wed., 1/19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Coach Expected to be in Place Next Wed., 1/19

    "Thus, the Broncos’ first round of interviews have been set: Perry Fewell and Eric Studesville went Sunday; Rick Dennison and Dirk Koetter will go Tuesday; John Fox and Williams will interview Wednesday.

    From this six, the Broncos will narrow to two, maybe three, and conduct second interviews either later this week or early next week. It’s possible the Broncos may also interview one or two more candidates following the playoff games this weekend.

    Their next coach is expected to be named by next Wednesday, Jan. 19."

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ednesday/6515/

  • #2
    I am glad they are taking their time in picking the coach. I will say that I personally think that if the Falcons lose this weekend, Mularkey may be one of those last minute interviews.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope we interview Rivera too.
      DENVER STAND UP!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
        I am glad they are taking their time in picking the coach. I will say that I personally think that if the Falcons lose this weekend, Mularkey may be one of those last minute interviews.
        I highly doubt it. Mularkey made his intentions clear when he cancelled.
        When 303 calls... you answer.

        sigpic

        I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
          I hope we interview Rivera too.
          From everything i've read, Rivera is about a lock to go to Carolina.

          To the OP, that's good. I'd like to hire someone quickly, get new staff, work on FA/draft, etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Probably a lock for CAR but not necessarily Elway COULD sway him.
            DENVER STAND UP!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm just gonna hold out hope that it's John Fox, he is the best candidate on this list if you ask me.

              1. John Fox
              2. Rick Dennison

              Those are my only 2 options right now!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by wayninja View Post
                I highly doubt it. Mularkey made his intentions clear when he cancelled.
                FAIL He cancelled to focus on the game he told Elway he wants to interview just after they're out of the playoffs. He wants to win a superbowl which is the kinda fire we need around dove valley.
                DENVER STAND UP!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
                  Probably a lock for CAR but not necessarily Elway COULD sway him.
                  Nope.

                  San Diego Union-Trib reports Chargers DC Ron Rivera expected to be announced as Panthers HC on Tuesday.

                  http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...anthers-today/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Screw "Mark" Mularkey

                    Think twice before accepting an interview. Cancel with the Broncos but not with the Browns? If he had any drop of class, he would have at least cancelled all the interviews to give all teams the same treatment. What the bastard did was very disrespectful. Then go teach McCoy and Hillis how to throw in bad weather and how to hang on to the ball

                    -------------------------------------------

                    Apparently, San Francisco and Carolina already had a vision for their teams and knew which guy they wanted for the job. It looks Denver is going through a lot of interviews to let the candidates give their visions for the team.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hope Fox gets the job.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
                        FAIL He cancelled to focus on the game he told Elway he wants to interview just after they're out of the playoffs. He wants to win a superbowl which is the kinda fire we need around dove valley.
                        Yep, he failed to honor a scheduled interview. But only with the Broncos, he was fine interviewing for Cleveland on Saturday. For some reason, that didn't conflict with any superbowl plans.

                        Just face it, Mularkey snubbed Denver. It's that simple. Regardless of any other rationale, you don't accept an interview then cancel it with TBD date and realistically expect to be hired. It's just not done.
                        When 303 calls... you answer.

                        sigpic

                        I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          I'm just gonna hold out hope that it's John Fox, he is the best candidate on this list if you ask me.

                          1. John Fox
                          2. Rick Dennison

                          Those are my only 2 options right now!
                          I could also see those two together, with Rick finally getting full OC responsibilities under a defensive minded Fox.

                          Wouldn't that be sweet?
                          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

                            1. John Fox
                            2. Rick Dennison

                            Those are my only 2 options right now!
                            This is where I'm at and I would be happy with either and now we have a timetable to go by
                            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Nope.

                              San Diego Union-Trib reports Chargers DC Ron Rivera expected to be announced as Panthers HC on Tuesday.

                              http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...anthers-today/
                              not yet

                              AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
                              Panthers Exec on RR: "He's coming in for 2nd int. Nothing done. Could it happen quickly? Yes. Could it not happen quickly or at all? Yes."
                              3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X