New Coach Expected to be in Place Next Wed., 1/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think Denver would be foolish to hire a coach without interviewing Capers. At least kick the tires there. He is 61 but his defense dominates.

Plus, you could bring Dennison in to run the offense as a HC in waiting, ala Garrett under Wade in Dal.

Not saying this would be my #1 choice, bit you have to interview this candidate.
    Agreed. I don't think they pass on him without an interview first. I think Atlanta beats them so they will have their chance on Monday/Tuesday.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      He had scheduled the Cleveland interview first. The very first team to contact him was Cleveland. Teams are allowed to have their assistant coaches interview during the team's bye week. Mularkey said he wouldn't interview with ANYONE because he wanted to focus on his team. He allowed time for ONE interview and that was based on first come-first serve. Denver was not first. Carolina was not first. The 49ers were not first. Oakland was not first. The first team to contact him was Cleveland. So, Cleveland got to have the interview. Had Denver called Mularkey up a week in advance then he would have skipped the Cleveland interview to honor Denver because they contacted him first. But, first come-first serve. Not second come-first serve.
      If only he'd have remembered this very simple rationale BEFORE accepting the interview. I know juggling 1 other interview must have been very confusing for him. And I give him credit, it only took him 2 days to figure it all out.
      When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

No, that is you looking into things.

John Gruden hasn't said he'll interview with anybody. So, that must mean he has no intention of ever coaching a football team again. Or, maybe he's just waiting for a really good job to open up - like, the Patriots.
        Isn't that a bit different? For the comparison to be meaningful, Gruden would have to have accepted an interview and then cancelled two days later. This isn't deep journalistic reaching here, this is plain as day.

Looking into things for the sake of looking into things is not good. Mularkey didn't interview with the Broncos for the exact reason he said. You are not Mularkey. You cannot say that he intended that as a "bash" on the Broncos.
        If it was the reason he said, then he's really bad about managing schedules and times. Is that supposed to make him look good?

Instead, you are making it into something that you want to make it into. To you, he didn't interview with the Broncos because he hates the Broncos or Denver, or Colorado because he'd rather hang out on Lake Erie or Canton, Ohio. But he never said anything like that. Instead, he said a very reasonable "First come, first serve".
        He said first come first serve after cancelling an interview he accepted two days prior. How'd we manage to slip that interview by this clear pronouncement? Maybe it was his secretaries fault? Yeah, let's run with that.

If the Broncos went out and set up an interview with a coach and where the first team to contact them and he said, "No thanks, not right now. But, I'll make time for the last team that contacted me. Because, they really want me ... after all, they were more interested in other things before me."
        Actually, that would have been much more reasonable given his team is in the playoffs. As I've said before, the best way out of the situation would have been simply to honor or cancel both, which he easily could have done without it appearing he was playing favorites or middle-school politics.
        When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

If this is the case, I'd prefer Fewell. Dennison simply isn't experienced enough.

Comment

This sounds about right....the loser this weekend of Dom Capers or Mike Mularkey will probably slip in late for an interview on Tuesday, and the Broncos decision will follow closely after

Dom Capers and Mike Mularkey are probably too late to get the job now

Comment

Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
              If this is the case, I'd prefer Fewell. Dennison simply isn't experienced enough.
              ???

Dennison is a helluva lot more 'experienced' than Perry Fewell

To me, we either go Dennison, or if we go defense, John Fox

Comment

My gut:

Dennison could rebuild the SB teams with his eyes closed and he's coached on all 3 sides of the ball. He's a nose to the grindstone guy whose experience is buried under the facade of "assistant."

Dennison and Studes will work together and draft defense. You want mistake free, bring in Dennison. You want to rebuild defense, Bring in Dennison. I say it's a perfect fit.
                Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

Originally posted by wayninja View Post
                  I highly doubt it. Mularkey made his intentions clear when he cancelled.
                  so what! He is focusing on the current objective, winning the superbowl. If he was thinking about himself I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post

Fritz the Night Owl - quick clip - WBNS TV 10, Columbus, Ohio - 1977!!

Thanks ! Born in Circleville live in Chillicothe OH
                    Dude no way. I graduated from Circleville High School. Lived in Chilli for 3 years.
                    PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

• I really hope we pick John Fox. He's got head coach experience, and I think he just got dealt a bad hand in Carolina this year, really what is a coach to do with a team like Carolina this year? There's only so much a guy can do with a rookie QB, no o-Line, and no good WRs except Steve Smith. I don't know if the FO would want to take another chance on a Coordinator, I think Fox is the safe and smart pick

Comment

• Check out the picture of Gregg Williams that the Broncos put on their web page. Is that really the best picture of Williams they could find? If I were Williams, I would cancel the interview on that basis alone.

Comment

• Why keep the masses in waiting? Sign Rick Dennison today, since we all know that is what is going to happen anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                            Why keep the masses in waiting? Sign Rick Dennison today, since we all know that is what is going to happen anyway.
                            God i hope not
                            DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

• If the Broncos hire anyone other than John Fox it will be a bit of a disappointment. That's not to say that someone else can't do a good job, but it would be easier to believe in the Broncos' chances to improve if they hire Fox.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I really still think that Studs has the inside track at the moment. I hope the FO is smart and signs him, with the condition that they have serious input into him selecting his assistant coaches.

1 year contract for 2 million. With a serious re-up bonus if he goes 8 and 8 or bettter. IT may not be perfect BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would still be exponentially better than having kept McDip$#!+for another year. ( which we almost did )

MY gut instinct tells me that Studs has the 'right stuff', the 'IT factor' or whatever you want to call it. He will need some assistance picking assistant coaches becasue he has never done that before.

I would like to see Studs as HC with 2 very well paid coordinators on O and D. ( maybe even making as much or more than Studs). But build a coaching team, not a bunch of individual coaches.

Studs settting the direction and temperment ( moticvation ) of the entire team. Then the OC and DC doing the roll up your sleeves ad dig in detail play x and o work. But based on the direction Studs has set and Studs has final say on decisions about games and plays.

I can see the sidelines for 4th and inches do we go for it or punt ... Studs says GO FOR IT ... and the OC then puts in the correct play for the situation. OR the OC says .... I think we have about a 20 % chance of making it ..... becasue X is banged up or Y is playing out his butt this game on their D .... A TEAM OF COACHES with Studs at the helm.

This will require that we hire 2 very good coordinators and pay them very well. It also requires Studs to be aware that the FO is taking a risk with him and to temper his ego and accept advice from his team of coaches.

It gives us some continuity..... it gives us a HC with something to work towards... it gives us a year to build a good team of players and a good team of coaches. Which translates to success.

Grow the Garden from the ground up... Being as we are BRONCOS we have plenty of fertilizer. Our spirit and our heritage are ready to use as Team fertilizer immediately just like horse dung can be used immediately in a garden. And it may be a bit smelly when you first put it on but man does it make things grow quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X