Quinn's Our Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinn's Our Man

I tried to post this earlier but it didn't seem to show up and I didn't receive a flag so I'll try again. With all this talk about Tim Tebow this and Tim Tebow that or Kyle Orton here and Orton there. It makes a person wonder. If we trade KO keep TT and TT gets hurt trying to run through a Ravens defense (or any other D line), does that make Quinn Our Man? Are we prepared for this, especially if it were to happen in the first game of the season. What to Do?

too many ifs, not enough buts

Comment

Originally posted by gman59 View Post
      I tried to post this earlier but it didn't seem to show up and I didn't receive a flag so I'll try again. With all this talk about Tim Tebow this and Tim Tebow that or Kyle Orton here and Orton there. It makes a person wonder. If we trade KO keep TT and TT gets hurt trying to run through a Ravens defense (or any other D line), does that make Quinn Our Man? Are we prepared for this, especially if it were to happen in the first game of the season. What to Do?
      Is any backup quaterback "the man"?

Comment

Quinn's first career start was in 2008 against the Broncos and it's one of his best performances of his career.

The only thing about Quinn that bothers me is he panics when he's under pressure and that's what worries me. The rest is there, but that's his downfall. Fortunately, it can be coached/taught out of him.

Comment

IAre we prepared for this, especially if it were to happen in the first game of the season. What to Do?
          What to do if that highly improbable situation arises? I would suggest breaking down in tears and hitting the JD.
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

It's weird to keep him on the payroll if not... Just call Rod Smith back in.
            When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

there are so many question about this team a backup quarterback should not be a high priority.

And i am sure the coach will bring in a vet like brunell to help tebow and just in case the worst things happen with tebow.
              sigpic
              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                Think maybe we should keep both Timmy and Kyle?

Comment

no. kyle may be the best backup in the league, but his salary is too expensive to hold onto next season

Comment

Not going to happen. Orton wants to be a starter, and rightfully so, since there are several teams he could start on.

Trying to keep Orton as the #2 would not only create a problem in the locker room with Orton wanting to start, it would also deprive the Broncos of valuable draft picks (or pick) that would be better spent elsewhere.

I honestly think Quinn is fine as the #2.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                      Yep, Gary Kubiak...Kyle Orton was solid behind Grossman that year as well. I'm completely solid with us keeping on Quinn as our #2 this next year. The guy does have sparks of brilliance from time to time
                      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                      Sig by: MHS

Comment

Is any team in the NFL prepared if their starting QB goes down? Most of the time a team doesn't go very far when a backup has to start all season, but sometimes you get magic (Cassel).

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Is any team in the NFL prepared if their starting QB goes down? Most of the time a team doesn't go very far when a backup has to start all season, but sometimes you get magic (Cassel).
                          And when that happens, chances are the QB goes from backup to starter...
                          When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Cassel folded in that playoff game.
                            He could not stop staring down the rush coming at him.
                            His QB rating was 20.
                            He had a whopping 87 yards.
                            Cassel is not got "the it factor".

And can you beleive he is the reason Jay Cutler is not here?
                            I mean that is who Josh wanted... when Jay found out he got all butt hurt..
                            the rest is history.

If Quinn is a fraidy cat, too... sorry...
                            no... you can't coach a guy out of panicking.

I dont know that Quinn is a panic attack quarterback, though.

Orton cant stay... he is a cancer.

Quinn has all the tools to be a good back up...
                            we need to sign him to a deal.
                            Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 01-11-2011, 02:47 PM.
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

For someone you assume won't see the field often, Quinn is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X