Quinn's Our Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict IF Quinn has to fill in for a injured Tebow

that he will do fine and then Denver will try to trade him the following off season for a couple of #1 draft choices! (Ala Kolb)
    :thumb:

Comment

I suspect that if Orton were traded, a veteran like Marc Bulger would be signed to mentor Tebow and compete with Quinn for the back up spot.
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Is any team in the NFL prepared if their starting QB goes down? Most of the time a team doesn't go very far when a backup has to start all season, but sometimes you get magic (Cassel).
        I think you meant Brister.

Comment

Quinn could acutally potentially start for a another team like...the 49ers perhaps.

I'd say he's a good backup, and it's not like backup QB is our greatest need at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
            Quinn could acutally potentially start for a another team like...the 49ers perhaps.

I'd say he's a good backup, and it's not like backup QB is our greatest need at this point.
            I'd say it's pretty important. Tebow's 1 preseason game and he gets hurt with sore ribs.. its in his blood to run the ball as hard as he can. At this rate he's going to be out every other second game. We need someone who can step up and give us a fighting chance when/if TT gets injured.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
              If I remember correctly didn't Bubby Brister do a pretty good job of keeping us on Super Bowl track when Elway was out w an injury?

Ahh yes he was! Go Brister!
              5-0 in 1998! Although as Shannon Sharpe said, being the QB with that offense was really like being given keys to a porsche.

The Brady Quinn question, and really for Tim Tebow's development, are the reasons that you bring in a coach that believes in building a strong defense and using a run heavy, playaction oriented offense.

Look at it this way, in comparison to the quarterbacks he had to use this year, John Fox would be doing backflips over the prospect of being able to use Brady Quinn as his backup!

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                I'd say it's pretty important. Tebow's 1 preseason game and he gets hurt with sore ribs.. its in his blood to run the ball as hard as he can. At this rate he's going to be out every other second game. We need someone who can step up and give us a fighting chance when/if TT gets injured.
                Tebow's a tough dude...Personally, I think the ribs thing was a fluke.

But runnning QB's do often get hurt more often than pocket ones. Look at Mike Vick although he is a beast.

I don't really feel like we'll have to worry about Tim being hurt much but thats just a hunch on my part. If he did get hurt though I would be comfortable with Quinn coming in. It's not like theres a whole plethora of better backup QB's sitting around.

Comment

But runnning QB's do often get hurt more often than pocket ones. Look at Mike Vick although he is a beast.

I don't really feel like we'll have to worry about Tim being hurt much but thats just a hunch on my part. If he did get hurt though I would be comfortable with Quinn coming in. It's not like theres a whole plethora of better backup QB's sitting around.
                  True, however you are picturing a Broncos - Bills game... Imagine when the Chargers come to town and English gets him at a good enough angle to take him out for the end of a quarter... Quinn just doesn't have the fire nor the ability to hold a candle compared to the heat Rivers will be bringing.

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                    Quinn's first career start was in 2008 against the Broncos and it's one of his best performances of his career.

The only thing about Quinn that bothers me is he panics when he's under pressure and that's what worries me. The rest is there, but that's his downfall. Fortunately, it can be coached/taught out of him.
                    Your posts are very difficult to read, I can't seem to keep my eyes on the text. I think it made alot of sense but, ummm, Oh yeah I guess Quinn can be our backup
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Is any team in the NFL prepared if their starting QB goes down? Most of the time a team doesn't go very far when a backup has to start all season, but sometimes you get magic (Cassel).
                      john kitna did pretty well for the cowgirls this season. amazingly enough. i never did think much of that guy. he had a better season this year i think than any previously. as long as we dont hire him. hahhaha

Comment

the only injury tebow suffered in college was in the pocket. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Aksouthsida View Post
                          the only injury tebow suffered in college was in the pocket. haha
                          Go figure

Comment

If Quinn our backup next season and he starts we are screwed. If we trade Orton we need to find new backup QB ASAP!
                            sigpic

Comment

Of the potential FA's in 2011 the better options for a back-up QB would be Seneca Wallace, Dennis Dixon, Kerry Collins, Bruce Gradkowski, Drew Stanton, Billy Volek and likely 5 others who are still beter options than Brady Quinn. Cut him or keep Quinn as #3 and let him ride out into the sunset after next season, it doesn't matter. I've seen more than enough of him to know it was a bad trade in the first place and he doesn't have anything to bring to the table that will make him a better choice as back-up than just about any available free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by gman59 View Post
                                I tried to post this earlier but it didn't seem to show up and I didn't receive a flag so I'll try again. With all this talk about Tim Tebow this and Tim Tebow that or Kyle Orton here and Orton there. It makes a person wonder. If we trade KO keep TT and TT gets hurt trying to run through a Ravens defense (or any other D line), does that make Quinn Our Man? Are we prepared for this, especially if it were to happen in the first game of the season. What to Do?
                                Tim Tebow doesn't "get hurt", he "hurts people"

Comment

Working...
                                X