Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone concerned about our "easy" schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned about our "easy" schedule?

We have a couple of potential toughies coming up (although they are in Denver) with Atlanta and Houston, both playing pretty good ball. But the rest of our schedule looks pretty soft until the Indy game. I just hope playing a bunch of teams with losing records doesn't hurt us come playoff time. We might get used to playing "soft" teams and get punched in the mouth come playoff time. What do y'all think?

No absolutely not. We got our mojo going. The last thing we need is a tough loss to a dominant team. The schedule can slingshot us into the playoffs with a lot of momentum. Homefeild advantage is far more important than a tough regular season test.

Comment

Getting to the playoffs is the key--soft schedule or not. Once you are there, anything can happen.

I'm happy to suddenly have what everyone now thinks to be a "easy" schedule!!

At the begining of the season, and based on last year's performance, it was looking like a killer schedule.

Comment

They have the momentum into the cincy game and with a win there, they have a nice shot v ATL no matter where the game is. HOU could pse a threat if they win in wk 8 after a nice bye week stuckm in the middle of the season.

After a bye we play NO, MIA, TEN, and the rest of the AFC West
        SD and IND have the best shot at us if our defense stops rolling along
        “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
        “How bad are they???”
        “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
        Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
        10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorse

At the begining of the season, and based on last year's performance, it was looking like a killer schedule.
          That's a good point. EVERY Superbowl team needs a little luck along the way *cough* panthers.

Comment

With Miami being the exception,
            I wouldn't consider any of the remaining teams to be easy. They're all pretty dangerous and we need to play our best football when we play them. I was really proud of our team when we beat the Chiefs, I thought that really set the tone for the year. It gave us a big boost and I don't think the Chiefs have recovered since. Also I was very proud when we faced two "wounded animals" in consective weeks. To go down to Tampa and beat them there in a situation where they were desperate for a win really shows alot of character for our team. Then the next week we faced another "wounded animal". A team that needed the win worse then the Bucs and Superbowl team at that. I knew that was gonna be a big battle and I was proud that we prevailed.

I can see us playing a couple "wounded animals" down the road. Teams that are still dangerous. The Saints for example. Their defense is dredfull but they have so many weapons on offense that they can compete with anyone on any given week. We can't look past teams like that.

Comment

These boys have something to prove. I think we'll roll into Nashville on Christmas day with only 2 losses on the season and play the closest game in NFL history that will be decided by a Jason Elam 65 yard field goal as time expires in double overtime to win 16 - 13. (Im goin to that game, so i want it to be a good one). Then Indy = The return of Q. Q, stompin all over those colts and redneck manning. GO BRONCOS!
              Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

If you want to make the Playoffs there should be games you can't afford to lose, but that can always happen. I am really looking forward for the MNG next week, and then I am excited about the Falcons coming next. Should be great games.

Comment

I think our schedule is an easy one. Yes Atlanta is doing well but we have them at home and it WILL be snowing! They are an indoor team and will not do well. Houston is also doing well but I think we can take them. Our real test will be at the end of the season with Tennessee and Indianapolis.
                  Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
                    They are an indoor team and will not do well. Houston is also doing well but I think we can take them. Our real test will be at the end of the season with Tennessee and Indianapolis.

Yeah.... I guess when Vick beat the Packers in Lambough they were playing in a dome..... The real test will be at KC at Tenessee and Indy.
                    Broncos Suck!

Comment

I would be except that this group is really hungry (as someone rightfully points out in another thread). The intensity that Bailey, Lynch, Wilson, and others have on defense will not die off. Al Wilson has always struck me as kind of a demon anyway, and is the reason we've been so intense in the past. I mean he's articulate on bright away from the field, but I swear to God he starts frothing at the mouth during games... he starts talking like he's drooling and his entire voice changes. I think his eyes glow a little bit red.

And add to that now the intensity that the rest of the team feels... I don't think there will be any letting up.

It's possible, but I doubt it.

Alastor.

Comment

Working...
                      X