Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway, Fox and company: Please keep Wink Martindale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway, Fox and company: Please keep Wink Martindale!

Now that the HC position is filled, please please please look at fixing our team now, instead of changing it. Please don't McDaniels us again. Keeping Wink Martindale is probably going to be imparitive to how our team will do defensively. Many veteran players including Champ Bailey and DJ have stepped up begging for some kind of consistancy. With the schemes and styles of these coaches coming day in and day out it's hard for our youngins and stressful for the vets. Give Wink just one more year before giving him the boot. Let Fox help Wink, give some pointers and together coach that defense.

I agree completely. Wink may not be the best DC out there, but man the players need some consistency. I'd hate to play for our defense for the fact that they have to learn a new system every other year, so I really hope we keep Wink if only for the stability and familiarity of his defensive scheme

Comment

Fox is essentially going to be our DC. So it doesn't really matter who the DC is.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Fox is a 4-3 coach. Maybe Martindale should stay on as a LB assistant, but beyond that, we need a 4-3 DC.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Hell no. Wink is an excellent linebackers coach, but not an NFL defensive coordinator.

His scheme was easily figured out. And we finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in total defense.

Bring in a new coordinator.

Continuity won't do much. When Dom Capers went to Green Bay, he turned their defense around in one offseason. It starts with a great defensive coordinator. Don Martindale should not be our defensive coordinator next season.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            Fox is essentially going to be our DC. So it doesn't really matter who the DC is.
            You guys might not see it, but keeping Wink is going to help our guys out substantially. Even if it's for a strict LB coach. The players want consistancy.. how about with McD gone we can give the players what they want for a change.

Comment

I would bet money that Meeks comes over to be our DC... Wink is as good as gone as is the 3-4

Comment

as LB coach maybe.....but c'mon, Wink was a horrible DC....

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  Hell no. Wink is an excellent linebackers coach, but not an NFL defensive coordinator.

His scheme was easily figured out. And we finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in total defense.

Continuity won't do much. When Dom Capers went to Green Bay, he turned their defense around in one offseason. It starts with a great defensive coordinator. Don Martindale should not be our defensive coordinator next season.
                  This whole conversation would be moot if we would have kept Nolan.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    Pretty much, I'd like to get Rob Ryan as our guys leading the D, not that it's even OUT there, but its just me speaking freely

Comment

I agree.

I'd like him to stay on the staff, but not as the DC. The defense was wildly inconsistant last year. I WANT consitancy, but not if it means beins consitantly sucky.

Comment

This. Should we have kept Bob Slowik after 2008 for continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                          This whole conversation would be moot if we would have kept Nolan.
                          Not really.

Mike Nolan wasn't great either.

Our defense was AMAZING the first 6 weeks of the season. But then it completely fell apart.

How bad did if fall apart?

We finished 26th against the run. That's unacceptable for a "big name" like Mike Nolan.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Shefter tweeted that Fox has been getting his assistant coaches ready all morning. So I'm guessing he has guys he wants already.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Yeah.. yeah, y'all have made your point.. eitherway keep him on the staff as something.. I'm guessing Fewell wouldn't want anything to do with us?

Comment

Working...
                              X