No announcement yet.

RAMSEY: Broncos in danger of getting stuck in the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with the article with it saying the Broncos aren't a storied franchise. Only the Steelers and Cowboys respectively have been to more Super Bowls. The Broncos have gone to 6 and won 2. Denver is 1 of only 7 teams to win back-to-back Super Bowls. Also, only the Steelers and Raiders have appeared in more AFC championship games with 15 and 11 respectively. Denver has been to 8 with a 6 and 2 record.
    sigpic

Comment

what a joke. 2 Super Bowl Rings, 6 Super Bowl Appearances, even more Conference Championship Appearances, countless division titles and trips to the playoffs.

Just a few weeks ago we were the only team in the NFL to never finish below 5-11, and now we aren't a storied franchise because of a few bad years?

The last regime ran this team into the ground, but make no mistake, we ARE a storied franchise.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

I knew the whole Josh thing was going to bury the franchise but didnt no how long - think god Pat put a stop to it and we should b ok - i dont no if Tebow is the answer or even Fox but i do mo they care about winning more then their egos and thats all i care about. Wins or losses i will still b here
        We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
          what a joke. 2 Super Bowl Rings, 6 Super Bowl Appearances, even more Conference Championship Appearances, countless division titles and trips to the playoffs.

Just a few weeks ago we were the only team in the NFL to never finish below 5-11, and now we aren't a storied franchise because of a few bad years?

The last regime ran this team into the ground, but make no mistake, we ARE a storied franchise.
          I can't believe some Broncos fans have no sense of history for the NFL and don't even know what a storied franchise is.

The Broncos are not a storied franchise. The NFL was around for about 40 years before the Broncos even existed.

There wouldn't be an NFL if it wasn't for the Bears and George Halas. Besides being one of the guys who started the NFL, Halas also saved the NFL from folding up in 1933. He talked Red Grange into joining the Bears and barn stormed the country drawing fans into the game. He also helped Curly Lambeau save the Packers from bankruptcy in the 1930's.

The Packers have 12 NFL Championships. The Bears have 9. They are storied franchises. The Broncos have 2 NFL Championships. That's not a storied franchise. I fail to see how bragging about losing 4 NFL Championships helps make the Broncos a storied franchise. I've been a Bear fan a long time and never once thought about bragging about losing championship games.

Since the Broncos came into existence they have won 2 NFL Championships, the same amount the Bears won in the same time period, plus 7 before that. Get a sense of history and what a storied franchise is. The history of the NFL didn't start in 1977 when the Broncos lost their first NFL Championship.

And thanks again for the Cutler trade. The Bears will be getting their 10th NFL Championship when they beat the Jets in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Grabowski View Post
            I can't believe some Broncos fans have no sense of history for the NFL and don't even know what a storied franchise is.

The Broncos are not a storied franchise. The NFL was around for about 40 years before the Broncos even existed.

There wouldn't be an NFL if it wasn't for the Bears and George Halas. Besides being one of the guys who started the NFL, Halas also saved the NFL from folding up in 1933. He talked Red Grange into joining the Bears and barn stormed the country drawing fans into the game. He also helped Curly Lambeau save the Packers from bankruptcy in the 1930's.

The Packers have 12 NFL Championships. The Bears have 9. They are storied franchises. The Broncos have 2 NFL Championships. That's not a storied franchise. I fail to see how bragging about losing 4 NFL Championships helps make the Broncos a storied franchise. I've been a Bear fan a long time and never once thought about bragging about losing championship games.

Since the Broncos came into existence they have won 2 NFL Championships, the same amount the Bears won in the same time period, plus 7 before that. Get a sense of history and what a storied franchise is. The history of the NFL didn't start in 1977 when the Broncos lost their first NFL Championship.

And thanks again for the Cutler trade. The Bears will be getting their 10th NFL Championship when they beat the Jets in the Super Bowl.
            Nice spin. Fact is, since the merger the bears have only won a single championship.

And the reason you don't count Super Bowl appearances is because you have only played in two. Of course you don't consider:
            I fail to see how bragging about losing 4 NFL Championships helps make the Broncos a storied franchise.
            Plus, I was at the game when the Orange Crush put Walter Payton out of game, causing him to lose out on the NFL rushing title to OJ. Someone needed to tell Payton there's no crying in football. It was sad seeing him crying (literally) on the sideline.

Go talk smack to someone that doesn't remember making your most "storied" player cry on the sideline.

Comment

Anyone remember the Fridge's last carry? He would plow over everyone...Except the Broncos. He tried it against us and we made him fumble on the goal line. Ditka never gave him the ball again.

Comment

2 Super Bowl titles (back-to-back), 6 AFC Championships, arguably the greatest Quarterback (and player) of all-time, and a handful of incredible victories and other great players.

We are without question among the most storied franchises in the AFC (Pittsburgh, New England, Denver, Oakland and Miami) and the whole NFL (same teams + Dallas, San Francisco, NY Giants, Washington and Green Bay).* Period. End of story.

Now IF the writer had said something like: "Upon finally reaching elite NFL status in 1998- the Broncos (much like the Redskins actually) promptly proceeded to rest on their laurels for the next decade plus..." I would enthusiastically agree with him.

*BTW: some old-schoolers may argue for the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts- but to me the legacies of both franchises "suffer" from their unsettled history off the field (i.e. switching conferences, relocation, expansion, etc.) to such a degree that they cannot be included with the truly great franchises listed above.
                Last edited by Southern Bronco; 01-18-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X