Mike Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Anderson

With Reuben Droughns playing well in Anderson's place today, I am not sure whether Anderson will start next week's game?

And how about Gardener after his 2 game suspension. Its been unusual of him to keep his mouth shut for such a long time.

Re: Mike Anderson

Originally posted by portis123
    With Reuben Droughns playing well in Anderson's place today, I am not sure whether Anderson will start next week's game?

And how about Gardener after his 2 game suspension. Its been unusual of him to keep his mouth shut for such a long time.
    That's a good question. Part of me feels that since Reuben has been playing so well, he's earned the right to start. But Mike's good too.

Comment

Re: Re: Mike Anderson

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
      That's a good question. Part of me feels that since Reuben has been playing so well, he's earned the right to start. But Mike's good too.
      True. But its going to be a tough decision for Shanahan.

But I think Gardener should be kicked out. He is bad news and disruptive to the team chemistry.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Mike Anderson

Originally posted by portis123
        True. But its going to be a tough decision for Shanahan.

But I think Gardener should be kicked out. He is bad news and disruptive to the team chemistry.

I agree on Gardner.

Even though I cannot condone what Anderson did, he has served his sentence and he really does help our football team.

He is still one of the best fullbacks and I would think he will start.
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Judging by shanahan's comments, I am pretty sure it will be Droughns starting at FB next week and not Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Judging by shanahan's comments, I am pretty sure it will be Droughns starting at FB next week and not Anderson.
            Is that because Anderson will not be in football shape and Droughns is??? What were the comments, I must have missed them??

Comment

He talked about giving the game ball to Droughns, how he played excellently. He also talked about Anderson's return as "bringing more depth to FB" not "bringing out starting FB back".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                He talked about giving the game ball to Droughns, how he played excellently. He also talked about Anderson's return as "bringing more depth to FB" not "bringing out starting FB back".
                That's interesting. I really think Mike is better then Reuben, but we will see. I do like Reuben running back kick-offs though.

If Mike does not start in the next two games, then Shanahan is sending a statement.

Comment

I have to correct myself (shanny did mention droughns was sore)...from the Denver Post:

Anderson's replacement, Reuben Droughns, went down Sunday with a sprained left ankle that left him walking on crutches. Droughns said X-rays of his ankle were negative, but he is uncertain if he will be able play Sunday against Cleveland.

Comment

By the way, Daryl Gardener is done for the season:
                    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=1725

Comment

I guess if Droughns is hurt it's excellent timung that Anderson is coming back.

I'd say if Anderson is playing watch out he may have a major point to prove.
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Non-football Illness?

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
                        By the way, Daryl Gardener is done for the season:
                        http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=1725
                        "He's got a non-football illness," Shanahan said

Daryl Gardener is a big time loser

Comment

As far as I've seen them both played. Droughns plays the fullback position more naturally. And he blocks better. Definetly keep Droughns in the lineup. Mike can come in and give Portis breaks.

Comment

My understanding is that Reuben had an ankle tweak during the game. They ran X-Rays which came back negative. Personally, I'd go with Mike Anderson ( no offense to the Droughns fans ). I just think Anderson packs a bigger punch... that and he's going to be hungry to redeem himself in the team and fans eyes.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                            ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
                            X