I'm Really Starting To Worry About RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Really Starting To Worry About RT

It sounds more and more like Ryan Harris is on his way out. Given his injury history and sometimes erratic play, I'd love to upgrade the position and potentially turn our o-line into a possible strength.....but who do we get to replace him? This years crop of RT's showcase only a few high quality names, and given the law of supply and demand, I could easily see those few guys become way too overpriced (especially considering our need to allocate money to the defensive side of the ball).
    Does anyone know of some bargain FA's we might target, or at least some draft picks that may come in and help ASAP?

We have alot of versatility on the line..

We can move Beadles to RT and we pick up a guard.. And Walton to guard and we pick up a center.. Or we just pick up a RT

I'd rather pick up a big mean guard like the guy from the saints and I'd like to see beadles at RT
    sigpic

Comment

Ideally Harris signs back.
      Otherwise sign Doug Free, he's a talented guy

Comment

Harris is good, but replaceable

Comment

Our backs have like 5 ypc while Harris is healthy, I don't think he's that replaceable. Franchise him if anything. The biggest thing our o-line lacks is consistency, and they are not going to gel by everyone switching positions again, especially moving Walton lol... thats crazy.

Keep Harris, let them become a group again with the zone blocking scheme allegedly coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post

We can move Beadles to RT and we pick up a guard.. And Walton to guard and we pick up a center.. Or we just pick up a RT

I'd rather pick up a big mean guard like the guy from the saints and I'd like to see beadles at RT
            Yeah, I am thinking Beadles may be better at RT than guard anyway, and maybe we can get a FA guard. There are a few of them out there.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              Our backs have like 5 ypc while Harris is healthy, I don't think he's that replaceable. Franchise him if anything. The biggest thing our o-line lacks is consistency, and they are not going to gel by everyone switching positions again, especially moving Walton lol... thats crazy.

Keep Harris, let them become a group again with the zone blocking scheme allegedly coming back.
              "when he is healthy" is the problem, dude gets hurt a lot - they can pick up 1/2 other linemen in the draft or in FA, Harris wasn't a huge name coming out of the draft either

franchise Champ

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post

if harris does leave i agree be nice to get nicks from the saints but im a little biased he played at neb. where im from....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
                  "when he is healthy" is the problem, dude gets hurt a lot - they can pick up 1/2 other linemen in the draft or in FA, Harris wasn't a huge name coming out of the draft either

franchise Champ
                  Our whole team gets hurt a lot. Replace them all?

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                    Our whole team gets hurt a lot. Replace them all?
                    Not the ones who we dub our core guys - Harris isn't one of them and he's is going to ask for a lot of $$ down the line

Comment

CU's Nate Solder but he's too highly rated - Broncos won't want to spend a defense draft pick on an offense guy.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                        CU's Nate Solder but he's too highly rated - Broncos won't want to spend a defense draft pick on an offense guy.
                        Would be a nice pick. If we gain a few more picks, it would be possible to move in the bottom end of the first and grab Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin. Perfect fit to protect TT's blindside. Will be better than Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                          Ideally Harris signs back.
                          Otherwise sign Doug Free, he's a talented guy
                          lol I always picked up Free from Madden when my RT's got hurt

Comment

Originally posted by BlueOrange7 View Post
                            Not the ones who we dub our core guys - Harris isn't one of them and he's is going to ask for a lot of $$ down the line
                            A lot of our team has been hurt, we aren't really good enough to have 'core' guys. Doom and Champ have both missed a lot of time recently, as well as our running backs.

Franchising Champ could backfire too, if we do and 2011 doesn't go so well, he is definitely gone.

Comment

Trade for gaither From the ravens They were shopping him last offseason and he's a great RT
                              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Working...
                              X