No announcement yet.

Dez Bryant vs. Demaryius Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that we do not have DT returning kicks he should be able to stay healthy longer. I still hated it when we put him out there. So what if he is big and fast. He still gets crunched because he is not as nimble and shifty as guys like syd, cox, decker....
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Wow!

How a big fat I fkin told you so! It sure is in order. My jig I danced on draft day last year was justified. So glad we didnt draft that Bum Dez.

Comment

Huh?

I don't know about anyone else but I'll take MEAN,STRONG and DIRTY any time!I didn't hear his OWN team calling him out for his play.just the guys he was thumpin'

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          We will se how thomas develops next year. Remember it took Marshall 2 years to develop and that was after Walkers injury.
          Actually, I think it had more to do with Jay Cutler then Marshall. Plummer never developed much chemistry with Marshall, AFAICR Cutler had it day one on.

Comment

Originally posted by lostknight View Post
            Actually, I think it had more to do with Jay Cutler then Marshall. Plummer never developed much chemistry with Marshall, AFAICR Cutler had it day one on.
            marshall's first [half?] year with cutler was still pretty forgettable

Comment

Not going to lie, I do not like DeMaryius Thomas. I didn't like the pick, but wanted to see what he did this season.

He and Knowshon are all too similar when it comes to injuries.

Thomas is made out of glass. How many times this year did he seemingly get injured out of nowhere? Other than that kick-off return, I feel like Thomas may have milked it a bit with his injuries. I truly believe he could have had a stronger presence on the field this year if he wanted to.

That bothered me alot about Thomas, but not as much as seeing him give up on plays here and there. It wasn't constant, but he noticeably jogged and/or slowed/stopped his routes when he thought a play dead instead of playing to the end like all players should do.

What I saw this year was a player who was incredibly injury prone, a bit lazy (though not excessively lazy like, say, Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress), and unreliable.

Granted, this is only his first year and I really need to see him for another year or two, but for all intents and purposes, I myself am done with Demaryius Thomas until he shows me something worthy of a 1st round pick.

P.S. I've gotten flamed HARDCORE for this perception so if you need to, go ahead. But I just don't like the guy right now.

P.P.S. Dez is most certainly the better player right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway'sLegacy View Post
                Not going to lie, I do not like DeMaryius Thomas. I didn't like the pick, but wanted to see what he did this season.

He and Knowshon are all too similar when it comes to injuries.

Thomas is made out of glass. How many times this year did he seemingly get injured out of nowhere? Other than that kick-off return, I feel like Thomas may have milked it a bit with his injuries. I truly believe he could have had a stronger presence on the field this year if he wanted to.

That bothered me alot about Thomas, but not as much as seeing him give up on plays here and there. It wasn't constant, but he noticeably jogged and/or slowed/stopped his routes when he thought a play dead instead of playing to the end like all players should do.

What I saw this year was a player who was incredibly injury prone, a bit lazy (though not excessively lazy like, say, Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress), and unreliable.

Granted, this is only his first year and I really need to see him for another year or two, but for all intents and purposes, I myself am done with Demaryius Thomas until he shows me something worthy of a 1st round pick.

P.S. I've gotten flamed HARDCORE for this perception so if you need to, go ahead. But I just don't like the guy right now.

P.P.S. Dez is most certainly the better player right now.
                i understand where you're coming from and all... but i don't agree with everything you say if only because of the season brandon lloyd just had. some of his injuries were just crazy too... like the one where he practically fell on his forearm -- i thought it was broken after the replay.

i'm still of the belief than tebow is already our best 1st round pick in the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                  i understand where you're coming from and all... but i don't agree with everything you say if only because of the season brandon lloyd just had. some of his injuries were just crazy too... like the one where he practically fell on his forearm -- i thought it was broken after the replay.

i'm still of the belief than tebow is already our best 1st round pick in the last two years.
                  Thanks for the respectful disagree, it's much appreciated. I got so many neg's and, frankly, harrassing comments it made my mind boggle when I brought it up in an old gameday thread!

I agree 100% with your views on Tebow. The kid is going to be something special.

Comment

Thanks for the respectful disagree, it's much appreciated. I got so many neg's and, frankly, harrassing comments it made my mind boggle when I brought it up in an old gameday thread!
                    it's like rod smith used to say, "you can't make the club if you're in the tub!"

Comment

Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                      Patrick Crayton. What a tool.

Jealous that Bryant put up bigger numbers in his rookie year than you have in your 7 year career, even with Bryants injuries?
                      Hahahaha. You are calling Clayton the tool when Dez Bryant is being discussed?
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                        One causes issues off the field, and the other can't stay on the field. I think it's a wash as of right now. Thomas may pull out of it and be the obvious better choice with an off-season to heal up. We shall see. Go Broncos
                        the off the field issues are sooo over hyped! besides not carrying pads what issues have you heard about since dez has been in the NFL?

Comment

I think both will be great recievers, and both will turn out to be great picks. Demaryius just seemed to a have an extra gear no one else on the field had.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

I agree 100% with your views on Tebow. The kid is going to be something special.
                            It's because of the way you said it. You typed in all caps that you were done with him and wash your hands of him, and then berated people for giving up on Ayers.

At least I think that was you...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Thomas is a Bronco so he gets an OK. Bryant is a slug and a Cowboy. I could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                                It's because of the way you said it. You typed in all caps that you were done with him and wash your hands of him, and then berated people for giving up on Ayers.

At least I think that was you...
                                I gave my opinion on Thomas during a game, got ganged up on BIG TIME for it, and eventually defended myself with an all caps "I'm not changing my opinion let it go let's move on from this topic" kind of statement. I did later in the thread defend Tebow (not Ayers) from some pretty rough customers, but that had nothing to do with my opinion on Thomas though I was called a hypocrite.

Like I'm saying here and like I said there, I'm done with Thomas until he shows me something that makes me believe he was worth of our first pick in the draft. I'm not going to sing the praises of Thomas just because he's a player that was chosen in the 1st round. He needs to be a playmaker or at the very least reliable out there. Until then, I am not sold at on him because, let's be honest, he didn't do squat this year. Yeah, he had a 100 yard receiving game, but other than that he didn't help this team when I feel he could have.

Just my opinion, and I stand by it.
                                Last edited by Elway'sLegacy; 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X