• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phaytal
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post

I did.

Dez Bryant is the tool. All Crayton (its called a mis-type, happens when you are on your phone ) said was that Dez got special treatment.
    Dont be a schlep. Crayton is just pissed that the Cowboys dropped him for a bigger, stronger, more talented rookie, that put up bigger numbers in 11 games than Crayton has in his entire career. Of course Bryant is going to get a bit of special treatment. He was the Cowboys #1 pick that was wrecked with injuries. Crayton is an extremely average receiver that is butt hurt he got replaced.

Also, the R is nowhere near the L on any phone...

Leave a comment:

• Buenacolt11
    replied
    Originally posted by phaytal View Post
    Patrick Crayton. What a tool.

Jealous that Bryant put up bigger numbers in his rookie year than you have in your 7 year career, even with Bryants injuries?
    This... First, Crayton is an ass bag. Over the course of his career in Dallas he was given multiple opportunities to prove he could be a #2 or #3 WR and couldnt do it. He was traded BECAUSE of Bryants production and the only reason that happened is bacause SD was so desperate for a WR. I think he may have been cut outright if it werent for the Chargers saving his ass.
    As far as the trade rumors involving Dez, as expected, Steven Jones denied it immediatelty. Naturally it was big talk around here (San Antonio). And lastly, there is just way too much throwing the "if" word around regarding Thomas. If he can stay healthy... thats a pretty big deal dont ya think? Besides, I think Bryant is far more dynamic than Thomas. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt have drafted Bryant because I think he's a punk and Im sure much of what Crayton said was true but he will work through them most likely and be a pretty good WR in the NFL. When he finally gets his head on straight, if indeed he does, he will be one of the most dangerous. Cris Carter went through a lot of crap in the beginning of his NFL career too. So, let someone else draft him, put up with his immature crap for his first 3 or 4 years and then when he leaves Dallas, sign him then.

But today Bryant is a better WR even with his behavior issues and long term will probably pan out to be MUCH better. Thats my opinion anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BRINGBAKPLUMMER
    replied
    Thomas was always a project player in my eyes. Dez is easily the better football player right now, but I think Thomas can at least get close to his ability. If he can do so, it's always nice to have a good WR who isn't crazy.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I see ur point, but I think ALLLLL of that is more on McDummy....he didn't let him run any routes, he didn't let him go deep as much as he should've, he didn't even PLAY him as much as he should've, the dude could never find a rhythm except for his 1st game...and I saw some things there that trump anything I've seen from Bryant, the dude above me all on his jock is trippin....Dez is a damn clown and sets a garbage example, even if Thomas never does JACK I'm STILL happier we picked him cuz he ain't a grungy P.O.S! he's someone I can actually be proud to root for, he's a good guy...

beyond all that tho, yes he was injury prone, but yet again, why the hell did mcdummy put him on KR, he is NOT that type of receiver who can return and he will never be, he isn't agile enough, he is a Randy Moss type who can always demand 2 defensive players and when the D wants to get aggressive and leave him 1v1 vs a corner, you throw it up immediately every time and watch the corner eat it...I put my money on Thomas to be a great in the game very...very soon
    I couldnt disagree more... DT proved this season that he is just a one trick pony. Some of you talk about him like he has some super human abilities...When in fact he is just a big guy with a bit of straight line speed. He isn't a match up nightmare, and I think most CB's could handle him easily 1vs1. I also do not buy the McD didn't use him properly or enough BS... mcD was on the hot seat from week 1 (hell from the moment he traded cutler). You really think that he would hold a guy back that is as good as you say? Sure he looked good in the live practice, but that was also against our stellar D. As for the "I like DT's character" argument better..... What does that mean? What has Dez done? He didn't carry the vets pads. So what I like that he had the balls to sack up and do what he wanted. I got no problem with making the overrated vet carry his own pads. He went to deions house... Again so what. Show me any college player out there that isnt getting kick backs. Dez has been black balled. Calling him a bad character guy when he does these little things... When look at our team and the issues we have... DJ, Doom,Cox,and Maroney all did fr greater things that ez, not to mention that dez never broke the law. Yet dez has character issues, while Doom and DJ are saints...

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Didn't Dez end up on IR?

Demaryius to me was under utilized.

He had that big game against the Seahawks then once Lloyd began to emerge just about every one of our receivers was under utilized.

IMO.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    mayock also said the same thing about Robert ayers.... i would hold what he says with a grain of salt... it is good that you think so highly of him, but he didn't show much last season. he wasn't allowed to run any patterns. he was basically stuck running the same 2 or 3 that he ran in college. I want to see him run the tree and get separation. Sorry one nice TD against a scrub CB doesn't hold my interest. He made a nice play for a TD on revis, but as replay showed...he double caught the ball as he did in college...... I want to see him just contribute for 16 games.... i just do not thing he has it in him
    I see ur point, but I think ALLLLL of that is more on McDummy....he didn't let him run any routes, he didn't let him go deep as much as he should've, he didn't even PLAY him as much as he should've, the dude could never find a rhythm except for his 1st game...and I saw some things there that trump anything I've seen from Bryant, the dude above me all on his jock is trippin....Dez is a damn clown and sets a garbage example, even if Thomas never does JACK I'm STILL happier we picked him cuz he ain't a grungy P.O.S! he's someone I can actually be proud to root for, he's a good guy...

beyond all that tho, yes he was injury prone, but yet again, why the hell did mcdummy put him on KR, he is NOT that type of receiver who can return and he will never be, he isn't agile enough, he is a Randy Moss type who can always demand 2 defensive players and when the D wants to get aggressive and leave him 1v1 vs a corner, you throw it up immediately every time and watch the corner eat it...I put my money on Thomas to be a great in the game very...very soon

Leave a comment:

• Hutch24
    replied
    Bryant>Thomas

Its not even close, Dez is way better. I understand that off the field issues cause problems, marshall... but Dez is the real deal and way better then Thomas. Just watch his games this year, Dez is the total package. He was making stars look bad and brought something to Dallas's return game. Im sorry but Thomas is not going to come close to Bryant. I give Mcdaniels props for Tebow but not Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• Gossage970
    replied
    Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
    That was my point. I think Thomas may be the better choice if he can stay healthy, and this off season gives him a real chance to get back to 100%. As of right now though, both of them have had their issues whether on the field (injuries, Thomas) or off the field (attitude, Bryant).
    I here ya bro...Thomas, as far as I'm concerned, hasn't had an issue. Being injured is something that comes with the territory, and should not be considered an issue, unless it becomes hereditary. Thomas will be fine as an opposing threat to a small defensive back-field. The fact that we don't need Thomas to produce, right a way, is important. Breaking Thomas in slowly will help with the injuries, and allow the Broncos to have a diamond in the rough for other teams to recon with in 2011. Just think, with all of Denver's talent do you think other teams are going to game-plan against Thomas. If they don't they loose. Damarius Thomas 6-3 220 lbs. 4.40 40 yard dash, with "better tracking skills than Brandon Marshall" (McDaniels 2010)

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    I wasn't a fan of taking a WR in the First. I thought we had bigger needs. DT might one day be an ok pick. But you don't spend a first round pick on a project. Even if he was healthy he is a long ways from being an NFL WR. Dez was and still is the better choice. He is more versatile, more explosive, and just a better player. Will this be the case this time next season..most definitely... In 5 years...probably.... I think next year is going to be as bad r worse for his development as his rookie season... New scheme, no TC, new QB... these are ingredients for a poor sophomore season. I would love it if he would go down there on his own time and run some patterns with TT and maybe learn how to be an NFL WR.....
    I wonder if these guys can "hang out" together and play some drills with friends untill a CBA is signed.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    This is getting repetitive lol but like most have said iffff he can stay healthy, and I believe he will, he will be a FORCE for years to come, I guarentee it...because he will warrant two defenders at all times, a safety will always need to be behind that corner, or he will always win the matchup...Look at that man run when he is healthy, he is as fast as Eddie Royal yet he's even bigger than Andre, almost as big as Marshall....Mike Mayock was spot on about Thomas, he is a rare talent, and if teams don't wanna roll the safety over, you can run comebacks/go options all day and corners will have to give that cushion for the comeback, or they will get jumped over n smashed on, on fly patterns....Just ask Darrelle Revis
    mayock also said the same thing about Robert ayers.... i would hold what he says with a grain of salt... it is good that you think so highly of him, but he didn't show much last season. he wasn't allowed to run any patterns. he was basically stuck running the same 2 or 3 that he ran in college. I want to see him run the tree and get separation. Sorry one nice TD against a scrub CB doesn't hold my interest. He made a nice play for a TD on revis, but as replay showed...he double caught the ball as he did in college...... I want to see him just contribute for 16 games.... i just do not thing he has it in him

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    I wasn't a fan of taking a WR in the First. I thought we had bigger needs. DT might one day be an ok pick. But you don't spend a first round pick on a project. Even if he was healthy he is a long ways from being an NFL WR. Dez was and still is the better choice. He is more versatile, more explosive, and just a better player. Will this be the case this time next season..most definitely... In 5 years...probably.... I think next year is going to be as bad r worse for his development as his rookie season... New scheme, no TC, new QB... these are ingredients for a poor sophomore season. I would love it if he would go down there on his own time and run some patterns with TT and maybe learn how to be an NFL WR.....

Leave a comment:

• lolcopter
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    Dez missed all of pre-season with a high left ankle sprain.

He then battled through a bruised hip (missing practices).

Battle with the left ankle joint all season (from the pre-season high ankle sprain).

He then fractured his right ankle on a kickoff return, missing the last 4 games.

Yet Thomas is injury prone and Dez is just having bad luck or what?
    don't forget about his wrist or forearm injury... whatever that one that occurred in the endzone was

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    Dez missed all of pre-season with a high left ankle sprain.

He then battled through a bruised hip (missing practices).

Battle with the left ankle joint all season (from the pre-season high ankle sprain).

He then fractured his right ankle on a kickoff return, missing the last 4 games.

Yet Thomas is injury prone and Dez is just having bad luck or what?

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by phaytal View Post
    Ummm, yes, because Crayton, (not Clayton) is the ex-Cowboy slinging mud in that article.

Maybe you should have read it...

I did.

Dez Bryant is the tool. All Crayton (its called a mis-type, happens when you are on your phone ) said was that Dez got special treatment.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    This is getting repetitive lol but like most have said iffff he can stay healthy, and I believe he will, he will be a FORCE for years to come, I guarentee it...because he will warrant two defenders at all times, a safety will always need to be behind that corner, or he will always win the matchup...Look at that man run when he is healthy, he is as fast as Eddie Royal yet he's even bigger than Andre, almost as big as Marshall....Mike Mayock was spot on about Thomas, he is a rare talent, and if teams don't wanna roll the safety over, you can run comebacks/go options all day and corners will have to give that cushion for the comeback, or they will get jumped over n smashed on, on fly patterns....Just ask Darrelle Revis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X