No announcement yet.

Mile High Magic: Where has it Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy high ticket prices is what happened. I consider myself upper middle class and I cant afford a set of decent tickets to take my family to a game. I was lucky enough to get my bosses season tickets for the houston game this year and only paid $135 for 2 tickets+parking. But that was a one off situation. I mean who can afford $300+ for a pair of tickets unless you want to sit in the 500 section and at that point you may as well watch the game at home.

Comment

Corporate seats and Bad Defence

What happened is as soon as the new staduim was build they out priced a huge chunk of the die hard fans. Leaving lots of seats to be gobbled up by big corporations. Now its not the corporations fault mind you, its just that the seats don't always go to real fans.

They end up going many times to people who could care a less if the Broncos won or lost and thats if they are not sold on stubb hubb to an opposing teams fans.

At the same time our Defense has not really been very good for over a decade now. As someone who has been to well over 200 home games I can tell you nothing drains the crowd out more than getting as loud as humanly possible only for the opposing team to manage whatever it takes no matter what the down a distance is to keep the chains moving. We the fans used to feed on the idea we had some sort of an impact on the out come of a play, because it felt like if we only got loud enough we could help stop anybody. Now it feels like we could not stop anyone.

Now winning will mask that a lot of people who attend arn't really true fans of the Broncos. So we may once again see some pretty spirited games in the future. But sadly the Magic days are gone forever, because most of the real die hards (the ones that brought the magic) are at home sitting on their couch's because they were priced out of going!!!

Last edited by section 118; 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
        Actually, SOUTH, of the new stadium, where the buses park.

But, that's exactly what I was thinking, too!
        No, he was right the old Mile high was in fact to the North of Invesco.

Comment

I think with Tebow bringing some 4th quarter magic against Houston it might be on its way back. Also we seem to be building a dang good staff to back this team, add a number 2 pick in the mix and hopefully the return of the Orange jerseys Mile High Magic could be right back in!!!
          sigpic
          MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
          Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            The magic left when the $300 seats arrived. And when the diehards were priced up to the nosebleeds or out of the stadium entirely.
            winner.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
              Crazy high ticket prices is what happened. I consider myself upper middle class and I cant afford a set of decent tickets to take my family to a game. I was lucky enough to get my bosses season tickets for the houston game this year and only paid $135 for 2 tickets+parking. But that was a one off situation. I mean who can afford $300+ for a pair of tickets unless you want to sit in the 500 section and at that point you may as well watch the game at home.
              Disagree. I sit in Section 522. Love the games. Have a great time. Better than staying home. Would rather sit in section 105 but as you say, who can afford that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                I agree with most of you but the thing that pisses me off the most is Bronco season ticket holders selling their ticket to the highest bidder. I know its because of the internet but if I had season tickets I would go out of my way to sell my tickets to a true Broncos fan!

I went to the Steelers/Broncos game last year ('09) and it was disgusting seeing that many Steelers fans in OUR HOUSE!

If your going to the game, stand up, be loud, cheer for your team!

Side story: My dad and I went to the Broncos/49ers game the night DWill died (R.I.P.), we got to sit front row in the South stands. We were standing up the whole game and the people behind us kept yelling at us to sit down because they couldn't see the game. My dad turned around and said, "no I'm good. If you want to be a fan of the team and watch the game while sitting down, then watch the game at home!" I laughed and they didn't say a word again!

Have some pride for your team and give them your full support! Bring back the times where it was so loud that the opposing team couldn't even hear the call in the huddle!
                At the Rams game, I took my mom to the game (her first) and we were standing up cheering for the comeback and my mom turns to me ands says the girl behind you can't see (she was sitting down). I turned around to see and I didn't have to say anything, the guy she was with said "she's fine, if she wants to see she can stand up too" hehehe
                sigpic

Comment

I miss watching games on t.v. in the old Mile High where the crowd would be making so much noise, that the game clock shown on t.v would literally shake.

I only got to go to 1 game in the old Mile High (1st game of the '97 season against the Chiefs), but was one of the greatest experiences I've had.
                  sigpic

Comment

I took my mom and stepdad to whatever game it was the last year (or next to last, I can't remember) at Mile High when we were trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records for the highest decibal level at an outdoors sporting event. Good grief it was loud! It was the first pro game my parents had ever been to, and the number of people in that packed stadium was darned near the population of the largest city in their state. They were completely overwhelmed, and my mom was afraid the stadium was going to fall down around her because it was shaking so violently. Good times.

Comment

Man, I cannot wait to see the Broncos and the city of Denver when things are going good. Just moved here from Cincinnati a few months ago and even with the gloom and doom and sucky Broncos its a better atmosphere in the city, stadium, and Bronco fandom than Cincinnati and the Bengals ever amount too when the team wins a division or is playoff bound (A rare thing in Cincy).

Comment

Actually, SOUTH, of the new stadium, where the buses park.

But, that's exactly what I was thinking, too!
                        Invesco was built behind my beloved Southstands, I was correct.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          Invesco was built behind my beloved Southstands, I was correct.
                          You're right. My mistake.

I was thinking McNichols Arena......
                          Last edited by yaz96; 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM.
                          Where is this season going?

Comment

You're right. My mistake.

I was thinking McNichols Arena......
                            I miss Big Mac.
                            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

Comment

I think out-pricing is certainly part of the answer. I can remember seeing the Broncos in Atlanta, endzone seats, 18 rows from the field and paying $40 per ticket in 98. The trip we made to Tennessee this year to see the Broncos, cost us about $97 per ticket and we were in the very last row of the nose bleed area. You can't be heard as clearly from the field when you are screaming into the wind almost 400 feet above the field.

Comment

I wrote an email to the Broncos with a suggestion - designate and sign a part of the stadium for fans that want to stand and yell, bringing back the spirit of the south stands if you will. It could be the 500 level on both sides so you can get the chants going back and forth. Bring back bleacher seats for the section and cram 'em in there with 1/2 price tickets. Yeah, they'd lose some revenue on the cheaper tickets, but that would be partially offset by higher attendance (from narrower bleacher seating). And maybe, just maybe the noise they make would be contagious to the rest of the stadium. I also pointed out that home field advantage resulting in a couple more wins per year = more playoff appearances which would more than offset any revenue lost from higher priced seats. I for one would prefer to stand in a section like that even if I could afford higher priced seats!

Comment

Working...
                                X