Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmilingJack
    replied
    LOL-now I am confused-I am at the 20 yard line west side behind the Bronco bench. I really do know how to tell directions even if these posts didn't seem so!

Leave a comment:

• SmilingJack
    replied
    Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
    Jack, you have good seats! Mine are upper level west side - not far up, though. I'd venture to say that the reason the seats around you are so profitable is because they're behind the visiting team - perfect for opposing fans who, like you said earlier, are willing to pay a premium.

Knox, I don't know if I'd say I have high standards as far as selling only to Broncos fans, I just think it's my responsibility as a season ticket holder and a fan to do my part to maximize home field advantage.

And.... I'm not a him, lol.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    I hope I didn't say west stands-I am at the south 20 East stands which is more behind the Bronco bench. we caught McDaniels ripping into the team when his f bomb got caught on national tv. What is surprising to me about all the season ticket holders selling the seats in front of me is that this section in the old Mile High was all old timers ie people who have had their tickets longer then me (I got mine around '82).

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    Jack, you have good seats! Mine are upper level west side - not far up, though. I'd venture to say that the reason the seats around you are so profitable is because they're behind the visiting team - perfect for opposing fans who, like you said earlier, are willing to pay a premium.

Knox, I don't know if I'd say I have high standards as far as selling only to Broncos fans, I just think it's my responsibility as a season ticket holder and a fan to do my part to maximize home field advantage.

Forgive me if I used a male figure of speech, I actually knew you were female, because I had read some of your posts in regards to your divorce etc. I hope ALL season ticket holders feel the same sense of responsibility that you do when disposing of tickets they don't plan to use. Kudos.

Leave a comment:

• XXXII&III
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SmilingJack
    replied
    Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
    I "DO" wonder if everyone else has your standards though? I think there are many people who would sell their tickets to fans of other teams if they weren't planning to use them and just put them up on craigs list or wherever to sell. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they intentionally WANT to sell to fans of other teams, but more like, first come, first served.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    I wish everyone had his standards.

Leave a comment:

• SmilingJack
    replied
    Seats in my section always go for at least double face value and there are probably 50 or more seats right in front of me that have different people every game and since these seats are on the east sidelines they do get sold every game. Before the game I talk to the first regular who is also in the rows in front of me and laugh about it. He is a good 10 rows in front of me. You only have to sell about half to get into profit here. BTW, I have missed only 2 games since the new stadium opened.

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    Interesting point regarding disposition of season tickets.

I would just like to point out that while there may be some who think they're going to make money from selling their tickets, the reality is that few, if any, do. I've sold mine the last couple years. There are individual games that will sell for more than face value, but there are others (like preseason) where you will net far less than face value. I haven't broken even and I know I'm not unusual. I'm good with taking a loss, though, as I have no intention of letting go of the rights and a loss is just my cost of retaining them.

And just for the record, I have never sold my tickets to opposing fans. In my ad I say Broncos Fans Only (and something rude about raiders fans for the raiders games) and while I am negotiating I do a bit of interrogation and testing, if necessary, to make sure they *are* Broncos fans. If there's the slightest doubt I make them prove it when we meet in person. So far so good.
    I "DO" wonder if everyone else has your standards though? I think there are many people who would sell their tickets to fans of other teams if they weren't planning to use them and just put them up on craigs list or wherever to sell. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they intentionally WANT to sell to fans of other teams, but more like, first come, first served.

Leave a comment:

• XXXII&III
    replied
    Originally posted by SmilingJack View Post
    So, people keep them with the sole intention of doubling their money each year and the visiting fans are willing to pay the most.

Interesting point regarding disposition of season tickets.

I would just like to point out that while there may be some who think they're going to make money from selling their tickets, the reality is that few, if any, do. I've sold mine the last couple years. There are individual games that will sell for more than face value, but there are others (like preseason) where you will net far less than face value. I haven't broken even and I know I'm not unusual. I'm good with taking a loss, though, as I have no intention of letting go of the rights and a loss is just my cost of retaining them.

And just for the record, I have never sold my tickets to opposing fans. In my ad I say Broncos Fans Only (and something rude about raiders fans for the raiders games) and while I am negotiating I do a bit of interrogation and testing, if necessary, to make sure they *are* Broncos fans. If there's the slightest doubt I make them prove it when we meet in person. So far so good.

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    Originally posted by SmilingJack View Post
    While thinking about this another thing struck me. When I first started going to Bronco games during the Phipps Bros. era seat rights were yours and could be sold. I don't think most brought in much more then $1000 but people who got tired of going to games for whatever reason-getting too old or poor or sick of crowds etc.- could sell their rights and new people who were good fans could buy them ensuring the tix stayed in the hands of fans. But after the new stadium (actually I think it was just before it was built) the Broncos started claiming that the people didn't actually own the rights to sell the seats, but it ironically became ok to sell the individual games on many web sites for profits. I think this was a huge, unintended consequence of not letting the season ticket holders the ability to sell their rights. So, people keep them with the sole intention of doubling their money each year and the visiting fans are willing to pay the most.
    Thats a very good point, and one I was unaware of (living outside of Denver).

Leave a comment:

• SmilingJack
    replied
    Seat rights

While thinking about this another thing struck me. When I first started going to Bronco games during the Phipps Bros. era seat rights were yours and could be sold. I don't think most brought in much more then $1000 but people who got tired of going to games for whatever reason-getting too old or poor or sick of crowds etc.- could sell their rights and new people who were good fans could buy them ensuring the tix stayed in the hands of fans. But after the new stadium (actually I think it was just before it was built) the Broncos started claiming that the people didn't actually own the rights to sell the seats, but it ironically became ok to sell the individual games on many web sites for profits. I think this was a huge, unintended consequence of not letting the season ticket holders the ability to sell their rights. So, people keep them with the sole intention of doubling their money each year and the visiting fans are willing to pay the most.

Leave a comment:

• dgobronco
    replied
    I hate to say it, but there's one more factor - the Denver area's grown by >1M in the last 10-15 years. All those transplants don't have the same allegiance to the Broncos as the old Mile High crowds. The rabid people are still there, just significantly diluted by the sports as entertainment crowd.

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    Mile high Magic left when we moved from our Erector set "Mile High Stadium" to Invesco.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    One thing our fanbase has lacked for years now is PASSION! Go to a Steelers game or a Seahawks game and those fans refuse to sit down the entire game. They actually have an effect on how the opposing teams game plan for that game.

I'm sick of seeing people that aren't TRUE fans going to the game just to say they went to the game. Support your team and do everything you can to help them win the game!

Leave a comment:

• since1977
    replied
    Most have hit these things:

1. Construction: Fans further from field. The new facility vibrates less.

2. They sold the name even though citizens paid for it and wanted it just to be Mile High.

3. Less die hards and more money in the seats.

4. Lesser product on the field.

5. The Josh McD/Kyle Orton/No defense experiment creating the worst season in memory.

Combine it all and I'm kind of glad we didn't sully the name "Mile High" by calling this new thing that. It's Invesco and that's very telling.

Leave a comment:

• x2kjosh
    replied
    Originally posted by SC Broncofan View Post
    One can hope! The intensity that Tebow brought to the crowd esp. the Houston game, reminded me of the intensity that Elway brought there.
    I was at that Houston game and left thinking the same thing. Could talk normally for a couple days after the fact. That's how it should be when you go to the game!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X