McDaniels hired by Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Orange&BlueHeat View Post
    Um yeah. McDaniels completely dismantled a once proud franchise in less than two years. I think he has no effing clue what he is doing.
    And someday soon they will name a hurricane after that guy...

Comment

If you expect me to defend Bowlen you're going to be waiting an awful long time. I already said it was a total boneheaded move for him and Ellis to give McDaniels personnel power. That still doesn't change the fact that Josh was the one who made the decisions, and therefore is to blame.

McDaniels had guidance; he was just way too much of an egomaniac to listen to it. Did you miss the article where Xanders said he wanted to have a say in personnel matters and was upset about being constantly overruled by McDaniels for the past 2 years?

Xanders may not have done anything to earn anyone's respect, but he also hasn't done anything to deserve any blame. He hasn't done anything PERIOD because he was never given any authority. Looks like that is changing now and he'll finally get a chance to show what he can do.

Josh didn't take the high road. He didn't blame anyone else because there was no one else to blame. He made all the decisions. And there's nothing wrong with Xanders, or anyone else, pointing the finger at the person responsible. Heavy lies the head that wears the crown. If you want all the power then you get the credit if things go well, but the flip side of that is you also get the blame if it doesn't.
      I respect what your saying but I cannot accept Xanders incompetence as a reason to throw more stones at McDaniels. There are only two ways I see this and feel free to tell me I am completely wrong. A) Xanders really didnt have any say so but was okay with this and was riding an easy street paycheck. If that is the case I dont want him. B) Xanders had a lot more say so then he is leading on and in order to save face and in order to distance himself he has been throwing McDaniels under the bus for anything in a negative light.

I must say this, if I really enjoyed my Job and wanted to be taken seriously as a GM, I would have said "Hey guys, I appreciate working with you guys but this is not the best situation for me. I think it is your best interests to find a guy who can better suit your needs." Instead he just sat around apparently doing nothing for two years except cashing a check and that makes me want him around even less.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        That's pretty impressive actually.
        Not if it doesn't lead to wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Incomplete84 View Post
          I respect what your saying but I cannot accept Xanders incompetence as a reason to throw more stones at McDaniels. There are only two ways I see this and feel free to tell me I am completely wrong. A) Xanders really didnt have any say so but was okay with this and was riding an easy street paycheck. If that is the case I dont want him. B) Xanders had a lot more say so then he is leading on and in order to save face and in order to distance himself he has been throwing McDaniels under the bus for anything in a negative light.

I must say this, if I really enjoyed my Job and wanted to be taken seriously as a GM, I would have said "Hey guys, I appreciate working with you guys but this is not the best situation for me. I think it is your best interests to find a guy who can better suit your needs." Instead he just sat around apparently doing nothing for two years except cashing a check and that makes me want him around even less.
          There's a third option. Xanders had no say and wasn't okay with it but couldn't do anything about it because Bowlen ultimately makes the decisions and chose to give personnel power to McDaniels.

It would have been career suicide for Xanders to just walk away from the Broncos. Who would hire a guy who walked away from his first ever GM job while he was still under contract less than 2 years after being hired? He would have had no track record as GM for any future employer to evaluate and had shown himself to be disloyal to the team that had given him the opportunity to be a General Manager. With those two strikes against him, it would have been very difficult for him to get another crack at being a GM anywhere. The best thing for him to do was bide his time and wait for Bowlen and Ellis to realize what a disaster McDaniels had created and continue to push for a say in personnel moves. I say "continue" because by all accounts, he had been doing this from the start.

As far as Xanders' supposed incompetence, you can't call someone incompetent if they were never given the authority to do anything. I still find it funny that people want to blame Xanders for the personnel moves. It's common knowledge among the media and the folks up at Dove Valley that McDaniels was making all the decisions.

Comment

There's a third option. Xanders had no say and wasn't okay with it but couldn't do anything about it because Bowlen ultimately makes the decisions and chose to give personnel power to McDaniels.

It would have been career suicide for Xanders to just walk away from the Broncos. Who would hire a guy who walked away from his first ever GM job while he was still under contract less than 2 years after being hired? He would have had no track record as GM for any future employer to evaluate and had shown himself to be disloyal to the team that had given him the opportunity to be a General Manager. With those two strikes against him, it would have been very difficult for him to get another crack at being a GM anywhere. The best thing for him to do was bide his time and wait for Bowlen and Ellis to realize what a disaster McDaniels had created and continue to push for a say in personnel moves. I say "continue" because by all accounts, he had been doing this from the start.

As far as Xanders' supposed incompetence, you can't call someone incompetent if they were never given the authority to do anything. I still find it funny that people want to blame Xanders for the personnel moves. It's common knowledge among the media and the folks up at Dove Valley that McDaniels was making all the decisions.
            But you can call Josh McDaniels all sorts of names, and go on to talk about him being an egomaniac, blame him for decisions made by Bowlen... You likely has never meet the man, and have no clue what kind of person he is. You have no knowledge of the inner workings of the Broncos, yet feel entitled to spread unsubstantiated smear.

There is probably a good reason that a long list of coaches did not want to come to one of the nicest spots in the country to coach football - and it is not because of the talent - it is more likely that Broncos are starting to resemble the Raiders. Lets hope that Fox will be a stabile factor.

Comment

• Xanders is a joke. I don't want a guy who gets intimidated out of the decision making process and then when McD's gone he jumps out and throws him under the bus
              sigpic
              Sig by Blondie79

Comment

It's common knowledge among the media and the folks up at Dove Valley that McDaniels was making all the decisions.
                What proof do you have besides your constant muck-raking and speculation?
                Where is this season going?

Comment

• oh well, didn't work out here for him ...

wish him the best ....

better days ahead ....

Comment

Working...
                  X